Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Hi Rumple and friends, hope everyone had safe and happy holidays

2. I've tried both but I think allot depends on the temp/humidity in your dry room. When I've left them on they start to lay flat on the bud and are quite harder to trim. I've read you can knock more trichs off when you wait also because when dried the trichs break off easier. My reason to trim before comes down to trimming being the worst part of gardening(imo) & it makes it harder to do as good of a job. I do keep my dry area in the mid 60's though to make sure it doesn't dry out to fast.

3. ok, I've head so many things its hard to decide what to do. I need to know when to get rid of the leaves. Do I do it before I harvest, while I'm flushing? Or do I just wait until the whole thing is dried? Whatever answer is most repetitive is probably what i'm gonna try.

4. Leave the leaves on, start drying. Let it get a propper dry. If you feel you want them off by the time you go to trim, Id cut the leaves off halway through dry. At least let it sey a bit more even

5. I agree... :smoke:  take the bigger leaves off at harvest. How much more you should trim depends on your humidity level.
    If you have low humidity leave more leaves on so the bud dries slower.
    If you have high humidity it means you can take more leaf off earlier because it will take longer for the bud to dry with more moisture in the air. My RH is a bit high now, and I suspect yours is too since it's winter. It's probably in the high 60's in the room I'd use to hang my buds. If I were to harvest a grow now, I would trim them up pretty tight right away, and have a small fan going. I'd run a small fan if it were drier too. It gives me some piece of mind about preventing mold/mildew :smoking:
    H

6. #1527 #watercharges, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  7. Best Wishes RandiC, go back to the beginning and reread Rumples guide, doubt u could screw up if u use it

8. But what do I no I screwed up twice now, harvested too soon then low %rh dried stuff up, both exceeded expectations eh !!!

9. This is great man. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #1531 Drtro, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    Here's my $0.02 plan to keep a continuous inventory of bud around.

I grow and harvest. I trim and hang up to dry. Then start my next grow. I hang my buds in the closet with a small fan pointing away. Once their dry (my first grow I didn't wait long enough and they got moldy when I cured) is to wait until the buds are dry and the stems snap. Then I jar them. I don't have any humidity meter. I just check them a few times a day and if I see any condensation then I let them open for a few minutes. I cure them until my next grow is ready for harvest and then moved the curing buds to my cookie jars for smoking and start drying/curing the next grow and so on.

I grow autos so I cure for about 2-3 months while my new plant is growing, then move them to cold storage for my new buds to cure. So after your initial grow or two, you should have a steady income of buds. Of during this time, I will probably smoke a couple jars or two after curing for a couple weeks. But after that, I will always have perfectly cured bud.

11. So what's your question?

12. Yes this will be my first harvest as well....very informative and easy to follow

13. I have a question about lighting.... during vegetation stage which lighting scheme do you use....?

14. I and most the folks I know, never turn the lights off during veg.

15. What about the smell, is it as bad as when it grows?  Can I convert my tent into a drying room when it's time and keep my carbon filter running?

16. I don't see why not.

17. I am on a 24/7 light schedual. I can't keep temps up with lights out so it's been 24/7. How long should I put them in dark before I harvest and will icing them at the end help? I am all organic. No nutes. Just water and teas.

18. I've done 24/48/72 of dark before harvest. Couldn't really tell a difference between them, 24 seem to be the same as the all of um but I'm no scientist! I've heard of giving cold water at the end to help them turn purple but it does not work with every strain. How do you flower with the lights on 24/7? 12/12 should be your light schedule for flower unless your doing autos. Never done it but would assume 24/7 lights after establishing flower would confuse the plant, maybe stress it out..... Hope this helps!

19. Harvest at lights on after a normal dark period.  There is no need to give additional dark before harvest.

PW