Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Thanks im gonna check it out right now..

2. Hello everybody!

Harvested today, 9.5weeks, about 50-60% brown hairs, dont know about trics cuz i dont have a lens but from a distance i say mostly milky, would gone longer but had problems with plant, already lost her couple of times.
    Anyway.

Top cola -
    1416532220075.jpg
    1416532251916.jpg

Other buds

1416532311702.jpg
    1416532338715.jpg

Im drying in my old grow box, im keeping the door half open + it has 3 big holes in the walls where vents used to be. Temps are about 15-20c, 15 at night (59-68F)... hopefully not less cuz its winter now and im starting to get problems with low temps.
    Humidity is 50-60%, is that okay climate for drying? Ive done my homework alrdy but im not sure, also they're drying in the same room where my grow is, would that be a problem if theres no actual light glowing on them... just a little light around the room... like a moon shine type?
    I also have some extra pc vents 12v, should i add them?
    I got a fan too but im thinking theres allrdy enough air flow with door half open and 3holes in the walls... or is it?
    Little bit worried dont wanna mess this up now with the mold or sh#t lol.
    1416532380755.jpg
    1416532416540.jpg

Also i put my trim and leaves in the fridge to bake something w them later or make a coccoa, how long they would last in the normal fridge temps?

Peace and thanks!
    1416532467292.jpg

3. Hey rumpel man :) I have jars that are like pickle jars would they work for curing or will I buy the proper mason jars? And do I need the humidity packets that say 62%? I can't remember the name but have them in my watch list on ebay:) I didn't hear you mention them but was advised to use them? I'd like nice dry buds that grind and smoke nice:) not that damp shit lol i have another month or 2 to learn more but I would like to have all my equipment and know as much as possible :) btw I love this thread It's very straight forward and very informative :)

My first official grow all advice welcome:) http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1335682-my-first-official-grow.html

All that work to grow it, don't cheap out on the jars. Get some good mason jars and do it up right.

5. High Rumple an friends, I learned a hard lesson this week about drying. I cut one knowing I had to leave for 3 or 4 days, so I hung the plant whole and pulled the big fan leaves only figuring that way it would take about a week that way. When I got home an checked it the smaller stems snapped an I knew I had screwed up. I failed to take the low humidity levels into consideration, the heat is on now cause of the cold temps, the large buds I think are ok, I got them in the paper bag with their stems still intact, but all the smaller stuff just crumbles, bummer, should make good tincture I hope. Too much air flow, low humidity, recipe for disaster I suppose, just thought I'd share
    Thanks
    DD

6. image.jpg

I use these...I make sure that I get the RH in 'the cure zone' for at least 90 days. I made the same mistake on my first harvest as well.everything I read was telling me it takes a week or two to dry when in Colorado, it gets dry and my typical dry is now around 36 hours before I jar them up...easy mistake to make for sure but I am glad you saved the big buds...turn the popcorn buds into bubble hash!

7. Travel2much, what are those jars/lids called? Never seen them before. That's very cool :hello:

8. I won't be dishonest....I produce these so I am a bit of a pimp for posting it. They are cheap analog hygrometers but they are sealed and work great! I sell them to many local dispensaries and grow shops here in Colorado for 10 bucks a shot. If they are local, I include the dark glass jars and lids for 15 bucks.

9. love it!:)

My first official grow all advice welcome:) http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1335682-my-first-official-grow.html

10. They are pretty damn cool 😊. To bad i didnt live in colorado because id buy some off you for sure 😁

11. I am back ordered until the end of the year but when I get more in, I will offer them up at a great price to GC members....

12. I bet you are those are fucking awesome 😊. Awesome ill definitely be getting some 😁

13. #1454 Franklins Tower, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    This is my first time in this thread. I thought I could lean some things since I've only grown for a year. I'm somewhat good at it now. I would say intermediate to beginner. I can grow big plants with large colas. I need help in the curing section.

14. I have the cannabis vaults, I use old canning jars. What's the best and how long usually?can you tell by anything?

15. Hey Kevieboy420 Mabey you can answer my questions. Lol

16. #1457 Kevieboy420, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    Ive got one cvault my self but prefer my quart size canning jars with a humidipak for my cvault in the lid. From what ive learned the longer you cure the better it gets 😊

17. Where do I need to read on this thread

18. Ive read the whole thing its all useful and ive learned a lot of helpful tips 😊

19. Sweet easy as pie. I'll try the other way with my canning jars. Thanks Kevieboy420.