Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Awesome guide, my first indoor grow is in the middle of flowering right now so this was a great read and very helpful.
    I can't wait to harvest and cure, it will be a pretty small yield but is looking very potent! :)

2. So I messed up when I put it straight n tha jars then huh?

3. Yep could mold

4. #1424 jonny.blaze/420, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    I have decided to get a dehumidifier and dry like my old caregiver did. In my area we just have way too much humidity fluctuation to try to dry without it. Anyone else have this problem with RH fluctuation? If so what would you recommend setting it at to get the best dry? I am going to get a digital one that can be set at any RH from like 30-80% at the minimum. I am thinking of setting at 60% and trying to keep the room around 70 F.

And oh yeah my old caregiver moved out of state and isn't answering his old cell otherwise I would have asked him LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. 65%rh IMO! Then cure my opinion only that is what I shoot for with my dry

6. #1426 Physcotic1, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    I dehydrated some and it was pretty smooth bland but not harsh I'm trieing to figure out how to get that chron taste I harvested a plant last month and dried it out fast in the microwave I don't know why stupid steam method it's quick but I missed a bud on the plant I had pulled the whole plant up with the roots and the bud dried on the stem with roots when I found the bud I pulled it and smoked it it was delicious tasted really good had that after taste that skunk bud flavor I guess drying on the plant improves flavor!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. hi, great explanation thanks!

I've got my weed in the glass jars. What should I look out for...what are the signs of moulding ?

8. Just open the jars 2 to 3 times a week for a month or less for 5 mins and let air circulate, then you won't have to worry about mold starting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is it recommended to rehydrate bud as it's in the early stages of the drying process?

I've been told that it is good to mist buds slightly during the 1st phase of drying, 2 or 3 times as the buds continue to dry..............

right now i think that what I've dried so far is brittle and harsh to smoke and I was told that this method will fix this problem and give a better smoke overall....

thoughts welcome. 

10. I have never done that.

Harsh can come from how well you trim the leaf tip or the lack of cure. It can also be that strain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think misting your bud is a bad call. Once they dry it's pretty hard to rehydrate. It will probably dry them out more as the moisture comes from inside the bud out. You can't reverse it. I'd also be concerned about mold. Having said that you could throw them in a humidor like they use for cigars and it might soften the buds up. Normally, a quickly dried bud is a harsh bud. Learn to cure using Rump's method as a guide and you'll be a happy camper.

• Like Like x 3
  12. #1432 shred-n-toke, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    So do you all think that flushing with regular city tap is a bad idea? I "flushed" my big girls but they are in 7 gal smart pots and prob only put about 5 gal h2O through them for two waterings in a row. The runoff was reading 100 (lowest light measure) on my blustick last time I checked.

Also I am running a girlsscoutcookie, golden goat, and sour diesel. anybody have any suggested finishing times?? (I know its different for every plant but I just wanted to know if anybody has finished any recently, how long it took, and if you wish you went longer (or shorter)

Canopy shot for your $.02 DSC06374.JPG

13. I'd use distilled....chlorine in city water sucks. I wouldn't want it near my plants

• Like Like x 1
  14. #1434 Hortila, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    I've done a good amount of research on rehydrating bud back when I did my first harvest and shit dried too much. Grab some leaf lettuce and break off the leaves, place in a large tote around the inside perimeter of said tote. Place buds in there for 24hrs with the lid sealed. You'll notice them fluff up big time. Then place back into your jars! NEVER spray your buds......EVER!!!

• Like Like x 2
  15. We talking soil or soilless? You use bottled nutes or this organic? I've ALWAYS used City tap and my shit was at 330ppm consistently and never had issues. I ran hydro with this and soilless (Coco/hydroton/perlite).

With those mediums I flushed for 5-7 days straight (tap water), but I also used Advanced nutes "final phase" for about 2-3 days before the tap. Never had a problem. Guessing you're running soil so I really haven't had experience with that but you should be flushing the side of the pot at least times 2. But I know that will over saturate your soil.

Since you're in soil you really should mix up a very ready organic living soil and not even worry about flushing. It will save you SO MUCH in money and time and headache......i mean if you're in soil now and like growing in that medium why not? Its a plus all around, buds taste and smell so much better!

• Like Like x 1
  16. yeah soil...mix of Humboldt and some fox farm solids...I've been using distilled or letting the tap water sit out for a day and would be at "0" or at least less than the 100 or first indacator on my blustick.

I have been flushing the ones that are about ready for about 7 days now, a couple of those times they really got a good bit, almost double their volume.

yeah yeah yeah there is always next time right...

• Like Like x 1
  17. I finally caught up to the proper year and month on this thread... wassup GrassCity.

A new approaching first harvest n about 2 weeks. Definitely grateful for running across this forum!

As I've been reading since first post about a month ago I have acquired some brown paper bags and am awaiting a hygrometer. Thanks for heads up that descriptive breakdown.

Trying to figure out how to add pics of my ladies

• Like Like x 2
  18. Green Crack wk#6 flw
    IMG_20141023_170726429.jpg

Cinderella 99 same age

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Where can I find a good magnifying glass or microscope for trichome viewing?

20. I recently got one and at first I went all over my town trying to find one and I just couldn't get what I wanted, the best place to get one is eBay. They are like $4 and you can pick whatever strength of magnification you want. (I would suggest 40x-60x)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum