Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

coffee grounds?

• Please log in to reply

Bubble_Bubble

Bubble_Bubble

weekday/weekend smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 930 posts
someone told me that adding coffee grounds to your potting soil can help plants grow better. Is this true? Trying to get some new ideas and plans, so when I get off probation in 3 years I'll be able to start a nice grow.

edit: for the grow I had, I use just regular organic potting mix, and then started using miracle grow mix after the first transplant. I had to transplant the thing three times in 1 month.

Similar Topics: coffee grounds?     x

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts
Coffee grounds make up part of the brown material I add to my compost heap. But I would hesitate about adding any unrotted vegetable material direct to my plant´s soil.

Bubble_Bubble

Bubble_Bubble

weekday/weekend smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 930 posts
ok. thanks, I was curious about this, we dont have a compost pile, per-say. its more like a huge pile of leaves, and dead tree branches. But we have been piling on it for around 15 years, and I'm sure there is some lovely brown material underneath the top layers.

blazedcat

blazedcat

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
actually coffee grounds are part of the *green* material even though the color is brown...Its a slow release nitrogen...very good for the vegative stage which just loves nitrogen... green material nitrogen...brown material carbon...for the compost pile

Bubble_Bubble

Bubble_Bubble

weekday/weekend smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 930 posts
so adding a small ammount of grounds directly to the soil will help? I can get lots from work. we serve french press coffee in single servings, so we waste a lot of grounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users