Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BIC Lighters or Matches?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J.R.R. Tokin, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Bics are the best. I use matches if I don't have a lighter.

2. I know a guy that uses matches.

But me...I use a Bic without the safety and some I-TAL or Beeline hemp rope.

3. Is it just me or do all your BIC lighters seem to disappear after smoking with your friends?!!?

Everyone is always takin' off with mine! Haha.

4. Well, health-wise it only matters if you inhale while the flame is burning the weed. That basically means bongs or bowls; when you light a joint you just puff on it without inhaling when you're lighting it while you light your bowl everytime you want a hit.

It's a rare-known fact that the lighter was actually invented before matches so I guess a lighter would be the "original" way of lighting your jay. However, I find matches to be much cooler (I know smoking isn't about coolness, but there's nothing wrong in having a little style ;)) and better tasting (only affecting the first hit).

The downside of smoking bowls with matches are that you have to strike another one each time you want a hit. That quickly builds up a match pile.

5. Just use Beeline; it tastes clean without the butane. If I have to use anything other than Beeline it would definitely be a Bic.

6. Jet lighters are the way to go. They light a bowl very easily and keep it cherried SO well, and you'll never burn your fingers. Plus you can refill them when they run out.

7. Matches are a hassle. BICs are like a golden tassel, gotta have em

8. Are those also known as storm lighters?

9. yea dude, lighting up a joint with a match makes you feel like a fucking champ. i dont think its possible to spark a bowl with a match though ahahha

10. matches are annoying if you are smoking out of a bowl or bong. way too much time spent lighting the matches and shit.

11. why is this still up bic END THREAD!!

12. I agree, matches are classy.

13. matches = good for lighting joint or blunt

but never use them for bowl, bong, ect.
    they have sulfur in the tip which is bad for your health, and the taste of your bud

14. I never even thought of smoking using matches...If I dont have a lighter im not tryin to get the matches out haha

15. Beeline works quite well for bowls, bongs, and everything in between. Plus it sparks my taste buds

16. Matches. So cumbersome but my bud doesn't taste like butane that way. It's such a cleaner tasting smoke in my opinion.

17. I actually think matches are way easier to aim, especially if it's a fresh bic that has a ton of butane.

18. I just use a regular lighter, never use my zippo because i did once and the size of the flame destroys the top of the joint lol :smoke: