Independence 1776. Independence 201x?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoodie, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Lol yeah the people in Germany are "fine" now but too bad their granddaddies and grandfathers fought for Fascism, watched their nation get destroyed and only to be split in two. So by your reasoning we should keep on borrowing money to fund our government until we become insolvent?

Our generation is going to witness the dollar crash and when that happens who knows what will happen. I envision that people will riot, martial law will take place and while we are fighting among ourselves (those who choose freedom vs. Fascism) the countries that we have been bombing and that has most of our debt (China) will be looking for some form of payment (probably the west coast).

So yeah man our grandchildren will say that "hey we went through hyperinflation but we are fine now". But to those that experience it... it's a living hell.

2. So first you say that hyperinflation is a-ok because Germany turned out great, then you say that Germany did great BEFORE hyperinflation and therefore aaronman is wrong :)confused:), and now you're saying that hyperinflation is okay because ~85 years after it happened Germany's economy is doing alright?

Obama is doing the same thing as his predecessors did. Please name one think that's substantially different that he's doing.

3. Their economic prowess had already been curbed by Britain and her puppets by war long before inflation. Hyperinflation was caused because she was struggling to pay off war debts.

True, before WW1 Germany was bound to challenge the British as the global power.

Yes, you said they're "fine" today, but that doesn't excuse the suffering of multiple generations.

How are bailouts and quantitative easing not the same as every President since Roosevelt? Obviously we're not fixing the problem inherent if we have a recurring business cycle. If Obama were to examine what the CAUSE of the cycles were instead of addressing the symptoms we might be getting somewhere.

The cause, of course, is the central planners driving down interest rates and providing moral hazard to entire industries.

See above: Germany was not a world superpower in 1921. Regardless, their total obligations across the globe do not compare to America. We are an established empire and have been so for over 60 years. For us to go down would be a lot worse then Germany post-WW1.

Take it easy, buddy. I was asked where I went to school, I wasn't using it to justify my argument. I'm proud of you for going to Berkeley, I'm glad it has turned you into such a stunning example of humility.

I never said we were currently experiencing hyperinflation, but if you knew anything about money you would know given the circumstances our chances of us entering hyperinflation are pretty high.

[​IMG]

See the blue line spiking at the end? I know, it looks like the Y axis, lol.

Come down off your high horse and lets see if you have a valid argument here. :)

4. i said they're fine today, meaning, DESPITE their economic problems they still found ways to get into a solid economic state in modern generation

why do people keep referring to nazi germany as if they went through hyperinflation and just tanked and never recovered due to facism

this is DESPITE breaking up into 2 areas

we have here a country that pretty much is divided with political philosophy, and people think we're gonna tank just because of a few months of decisions

i bet you we won't go into hyperinflation, you're telling me our chances are high but it hasn't even happened

this is the same shit i hear from speculators and its just funny because the sackriders in these threads are doing the same exact thing

the way i see this logically is that people here think they know exactly what moves are being made behind the scenes, thats the flaw with every individual here is that everyone here assumes they have the correct solution to fix this ailing economy

ok, how about you tell me this:

1) how will you fix this economy by giving the powers to the states under our current state (with our current economic condition, propose a solution)

2) or, how do you plan on fixing this economy in a few months using "different" techniques that our current administration isn't using

those are the million dollar questions man, if you got a good, working solution, i'll be glad to hear

I said that hyperinflation happened in germany and today, they're fine. I never said it was OK to go through inflation and that germany was OK because of it. they weren't OK during that time, because their inflation was at a rate of over 100x the GDP (how the fuck is that ok, thats common sense man).

The point i was trying to make is that even an economic power going through hyperinflation (and aaron, what does it matter if it were cause of war debts, hyperinflation is hyperinflation, doesn't matter cause your economy tanked or cause you dumped all your shit on war production), can still recover over time.

What i was trying to say about germany being OK before hyperinflation is that they superceded Britian in terms of economic power due to their rise in industrialism.

All i'm saying in general is that in MODERN HISTORY, we aren't the only ones to go through shitty economic times.

No shit if you're going through it it's going to be shitty. No one is denying that. All I'm asking for is an answer to my questions. If you're gonna bitch so much about the economy, then how will you fix it in such a short time frame? You're already saying that what Obama is doing is /exactly/ the same as his past. Maybe in general, yes, but who knows what might come out of it.

If we tank cause of his decisions, then we're fucked, if not, then it's much better than the decision making that occured in that past 8 years.

You're showing me a chart showing a HUGE spike in our reserves, but tell me this, when was the last time our economy was THIS fucked? Was this his fault? How do you plan on cutting such a large deficit by making cuts? Outline that for me (or anyone for that matter).

5. Why would North Korea or anyone in the Middle East care about America if America didn't exist?

You seem to be missing some logic in your theories.

I also don't understand how the school systems would fail. If anything they would be BETTER because of more localized control rather than the federal system trying to run things. I don't see the problem with our military being ripped apart either. And your claims of setbacks in the fields of science are laughable. You might have a point about the trip to the moon but who really gives a shit about the moon?

Society desperately needs to re-localize and I would fully support the breaking apart of the union.

6. Exactly man waaaay to many people trust their representatives, congressman, and the president without realizing that they are really just "hoping" that they "do a good job". well the problem is that the political machine in Washington grants power which corrupts the representatives. America is vast and the culture is unique. Representatives in Washington (Democrats and Republicans) are spending money like their ain't nothing to it. We shouldn't just hope on Washington D.C. but we should let the local government have more power so that the common people can involve themselves in their neighborhood and take care of their own.

7. Unfortunately globalization is doing it's best to make sure that has no chance of ever happening. The common people no longer matter in the grand scheme of things. It's all about consolidation of power by the wealthy elites of the world at the expense of the rest of humanity which they deem unnecessary.

The system is literally killing us off and we aren't do anything about it. And as evidenced in this thread, some people actually believe in the system for some reason.

8. Yeah globalization is a bitch that's for damn sure. The global system is crumbling and the elites are just grabbin' all the money they can at the moment before it gets ugly. It is due time that the common man testifies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSBhI_0at0]YouTube - Rage Against The Machine - Testify Music Video[/ame]

9. Despite whatever image others have constructed, I don't believe in the system, but I don't believe in wiping out a crutch when we're in such a mess globally.

We have to fix our relationships globally first before making internal reconstruction.

10. #30 MountyBounty, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    The reason why the we are weak globally is because we are weak at home. We as Americans are just sitting fat and happy while Rome is beginning to burn. Our education system is becoming a joke.

Yes we have the most efficient military in the world but it shares the characteristics of one's bicep after extending his arm at 180 degrees. Our bicep is relaxed. we need to bring our troops home and end these wars caused by imperialism. We need to draw our fist to our chest and tighten the bicep in order to cause a harsh punch. We need to get ourselves in shape as a nation physically and mentally, then take care of our own before we worry about the world.

Edit: we have become so soft, pudgy, and stupid that we will all soon pay healthcare for people that consume a big mac, a 2 liter of coke, and a pack of newports daily. America doesn't have the cash to pay for it's gluttony.