Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

What is a "lid"?

• Please log in to reply

Laughing Grass

Laughing Grass

-{MR. GRASS}-

• Silver Member
  • 1,230 posts

canabliss

canabliss

well oiled machine

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,372 posts
i think its means a gram but im not sure

NORRIN RADD

NORRIN RADD

Do The Knowledge

• Registered Upgraded
  • 7,198 posts
i was told a lid is a metal garbage can full of herb. but it probably isnt what it is.

Edited by IronLung421, 03 July 2009 - 06:15 PM.

Headway420

Headway420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 522 posts
edit: I think its a quarter, or "four fingers worth", prolly meanin they eyed it out with two fingers on each side of the bag.

Edited by Headway420, 03 July 2009 - 06:16 PM.

Leapfrog

Leapfrog

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,518 posts

i was told a lid is a metal garbage can full of herb. but it probably isnt what it is.

:hello:

Classic!

AyeAyeCaptain

AyeAyeCaptain

• Registered Upgraded
  • 276 posts

A lid had amny meanings over the years. I beleive what an old Deadhead told me, he said a lid was a coffee can full, then later it became an OZ, a baggy filled to the lid, you see, back when I first started smoking, you could buy an oz for like $20-$25. They did not weight it, just filled the bag for like $20, however bud was cheap back then, a QP was like $70-$80. An lb could be got for as little as $240.

less

What year was this? I'm always interested to see if things were actually cheaper back in the day.

As a guess, I checked inflation from 1970 until last year. In 1970, $25 would buy as much as $137.15 today, which is pretty normal for an oz of non-dank. So, if my guess on the year was any good, bud back in your day cost about the same as it does today, assuming you weren't buying dank.

Calc done here:
The Inflation Calculator

FenceWalker

FenceWalker

Old School Stoner

• Gold Member
  • 5,223 posts

Edited by FenceWalker, 03 July 2009 - 06:39 PM.

Laughing Grass

Laughing Grass

-{MR. GRASS}-

• Silver Member
  • 1,230 posts

GodILoveWeed

GodILoveWeed

Action Bastard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 351 posts
Always wondered about that myself (just watched next movie cheech and chongs):smoke:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users