Auto kush and blueberry grow report

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by budmann, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Here are some pics taken today, at about 3 weeks. Checking daily for flowers, no plant is showing anything I'm 100% sure though the largest one appears to be male.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. nice pics dude. looks sunny there

3. Yeah, weather's been awesome here recently. Gotta enjoy the 10 min summer while it lasts... 8 month mentally crippling winter'll be here soon :)

4. That means its time to get the snowboard out and try some cab 5's

5. The little fellers are starting to show sex now. Sexy time! Have IDed 1 blueberry as female and 1 kush as male. Wondering if its worth taking the risk of spraying pollen all over the place to make seeds. If done properly, I'll have a load of seeds for no extra cost above what I've spent already. If I mess it up and get pollen everywhere, all my future grows are in serious danger of being pollenated. I've done a few grows in the past with success but pollination is not something i've tried before.

My plan was to get a male and a female in my wet room (completely tiled toilet & shower room). Get the male flowers in a plastic bag and gently break them open to get the pollen. Carefully apply the pollen to the female flowers with a brush. Do all this with the windows and door closed. Afterwards, without opening any windows or doors, throw my clothes in the washing machine and take a shower. I've read that misting with water deactivates pollen. Taking a hot shower fills my wetroom with steam in a few minutes to that should have the same effects. Leave the sexually satisfied female in the wetroom for a day then bang it outiside (the rest of the plants will be inside by that point, under HPS)

Thoughts on the above plan, anyone?

6. Have ID on more sex today. So far, 1 female blueberry, 2 female kush and 1 male kush. 1 blueberry and 1 kush still unsexed. Leaning towards destroying the male kush at the moment, don't want to risk getting pollen everywhere and screwing up future projects. Waiting for a couple of days before I make my mind up though.

Attached Files:

7. OK, all the plants are showing sex now. Have 3 kush and 2 blueberry females, only 1 kush turned out male. He's been disposed of now, decided not to take the risk of pollinating future grows. Also with the difficulty and price of acquiring recently, thought I'd just go for as much smoke as possible off these little fellers.

My 400W sodium light has arrived and I've nearly finished my indoor growbox. Should be ready in a few days, then I'll move the plants indoors under the sodium light alongside some blue mystic, blue hash and white widow seedlings I have. Pics coming really soon. :smoking:

8. Pics at week 6. Growth has picked up a lot over the last couple of weeks. Also starting to smell quite nice now.

Attached Files:

9. Lookin alot better, maybe you were overwatering. that would slow em down

10. Possibly, though I bottom feed so that the plant draws up what it needs. Also leave a layer of clay pebbles at the bottom of the pot to avoid saturated coco. I think it might just be the growth patterns of the autos, first grow with auto strains for me.

Week 7 now, buds are growing and the smells increasing :cool:. Need a carbon filter before I can put them inside under the 400W. Hope to acquire that in the next couple of weeks so that the last few weeks can be completed indoors. Outdoor temps are dropping down to about 5-7 degrees min now and the temps can fall quickly here this time of year.

Despite my concern about growth rates a few weeks ago, these are looking better now after a spurt. The ones that were repotted as soon as sexed are about 30cm tall (1 foot) now. The ones I didn't repot as quick are 15-20cm. I recommend that these autos are either sown into final containers at seedling stage or at sexing (3-4 weeks from seed) in order not to hold these back.

11. A few photos for you all

Attached Files:

12. Looks nice mate ive take some new pics of my cheese and La just need to upload.... lets see if i get time latzer.. ;o)

13. #33 budmann, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
    Moved the plants indoors a few days ago now that I have my grow box completed. Couldn't do it before getting the carbon filter in place, too stinky. They are under a 400W HPS with a young blue hash plant and they have been coming along nicely now. They are at just under 9 weeks old now, I think they've got another couple of weeks left at the very min before harvest. Only the odd red pistle here and there. Hopefully get a magnifying glass in soon so I can time the harvest to perfection.

They have really developed nicely in the last few weeks, shattering my disappointment in the early slow growth. Also, a few days ago I broke off a few of the tiny lower flowers to get a sneak peak. Let the ickle nugs dry for a couple of days and have to say, was happy with the smoke. Obviously can't really comment on the flavour as no flush, immature bud and no cure but the effect was there. I think that these plants will exceed my expectations! keeping an eye on those pistles and looking forward to the harvest in a few weeks.

Attached Files:

14. #34 DonkeyDickFarma, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    word up.. my plants have grown really big fan leafs. they are so big and so indica the plants look like mushrooms should i remove some of the top fan leafs to give light to the shoots below??? i still mite put a screen in and scrog. just to keep height down and yield up ;o) what you think Master Budman?

look svery much like the plant in your last pic with pebbles?? but bigger and more indica and more mushroom ;o)

15. Always been a fan of the scrog, get as many bud sites as close to the light as possible. Also, for legal reasons its better in my location to have a few MASSIF plants than loads of little ones. Gonna scrog the blue hash once the side branches are more developed.

As for fan leaves, I remove them if they are blocking light but only once the side branches growing from the same node is developed enough. If you only have a tiny bit of growth, you won't develop those side branches quickly, which is important if you're gonna scrog. Once the side branches have developed so that they can support themselves, then I usually whip them off to let more light through to the lower part of the plant.

Find that camera or borrow/buy another, yer stoned idiot :smoking:

Piece

16. Thanks well i chopped off some big guns last night the plant looks a little funny now but i did rig up the 400w so hopfully the shoots will get plenty of light and after all it the shoots i want, i was just unsure if i should be triming of fan's at this early stage. will take some pics asap. and put my sd in a card reader or som ink.

;o)

17. Spotted nute burn a few days ago, immediately flushed all the plants. Decided that harvest is not long of now so they've been on water only for last few days. Judging by the pistle colour, should be ready for chopping in a week or so. Borrowed a magnifying glass off a matey (30x, I think) but can't see shit all with it. Going to judge using the pistle colour.

Used some of the the popcorn bud and leaf to make some oil with. Smokes nice, though my flat has a lingering scent of acetone, despite me doing it out on the balcony. Not the best smell ever.

Will take a round of photos when I chop the bad girls down.

Piece.

18. i just ordered 1 afghan kush ryder and la diva which is a blueberry strain along with lowboldt and low x ak-47, make sure to post the dryed weight so i can guesstimate a yield thanks

19. Hi there, Acannaiseur. Will be posting weight info when I have it, be a week or so yet minimum. From my experiences with these, I would recommend that you get them into the final containers early on and be careful not to overfeed, these girls are sensitive. to nutes.

Good luck, hope you're starting a thread to report on your grow.

20. Im about to start my AUTO blueberry and Oil = CHEM DAWG. I have BC GROW nutes and it says 2 tbsp ber gallon should i start off at 1tbsp per gal and then step it up later?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks fellas:smoking: