new to growing plants just sprouted any tips?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jcanales07, Jun 30, 2009.

1. my plants have just sprouted and i decided to come hereto get some tips i've been using just sunlight and have been watering it

Attached Files:

2. Well, first it looks like you have two seperate seedlings in one pot. My first suggestion would be to first put them in seperate pots. If you keep both in one pot, it can cause the roots to tangle, which will be bad especially if one if female and the other turns out to be male.

Second, don't begin to feed until the leaves have grown about 7-11 blades. This should usually happen at around the third or fourth set of leaves, depending on strain and growing conditions. This could take about three to four weeks.

When you do feed, be sure to dilute the fertilizer more and work your way up. If the fert says 1 teaspoon per gallon, start out at about a 1/3 tsp per gallon, work your way up a third every other water. That is what I do. :)

Since they are outside, you should really keep up on the temps and humidity levels. Bad climate can cause stunted growth. Stunted growth can also result in the finished bud to be less potent than it's full potential.

I think that is all you need to know for now. When I first began growing, everything seemed very confusing, but honestly once you do it, you find everything is actually easy.

If you have any other questions, let me know. :)

3. ok i did not know that i have about 6 in that pot i'm gonna seperate them now too and switch the fertilizer, i'm watering it about every 2-3 days i live in the northeastern part of the united states and the climate is alright

4. Just be sure to not keep it on a strict watering schedule. Stick your finger 2-3 inches in the soil near the stem. If it is dry, water. You don't want to keep it on a strict schedule as depending on how the water already is before you water, you could create a root-bound plant, or rotting roots. So only water when the soil is dry, but not too dry. There should be a little bit of moisture before you water.

5. alright thanks! i'll be sure come to you if i need anymore help is it ok to leave the plant outside at night or should i bring it in?

6. You can bring it in or leave it out, but like I said, keep up with the weather and temperature. A small nightly summer frost is all a plant needs to die. There is also the possibility of a cute little hungry bunny or deer coming along. I would say bring it in if you want to be safe.