Help losing weight

Discussion in 'General' started by WEEirDo, Jun 30, 2009.

1. HIIT is very important, it has already been explained two posts or maybe 3 above me, it is so much better than cardio.

2. runningis a very good way to get exercise i think i would start out trying to walk then run for a little bit then increse jogging and decrease walking
    the absolute key is to start slow

3. Heres my plan.

Monday: weight lifting
    Tuesday: light cardio
    Wednesday: weight lifting
    Thursday: light cardio
    Friday: light weight lifting + moderate cardio
    Weekend: rest

4. imo, machines are no good. Get yourself some free weights to work with so you can put on a lil muscle while youre at it

5. Cardio, cardio, cardio.
    Don't lift more than twice a week for the first month or two if your goal is fat burning and weight loss. I've lost lots of weight getting in approxemetly two miles four - six times a week on an eliptical or treadmill. Also not eating any white foods (completly aviod white bread at all costs, pastas, etc) and refined foods (basically make everything yourself) will help speed it up a bit, but don't expect much your first month.

Check out the GC Lifestyle section under the sub-section "Health & Nutrition" and you'll probably find many tips.

6. get a mens health magazine.

7. #27 WEEirDo, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009

Ive got a free Maxim sub hehe

Instead of doing weights and resting the next day, Im gonna do cardio, then friday longer cardio. This way Ill get the weight lifting along with the cardio. Im just planning based off common sense I guess, cuz Im no expert.

Ive already got some muscle from when use to work out, but no where near where it use to be. But I wasnt really in shape, just could lift stuff lol... Im gonna talk to some people I know who do MMA fighting and training and get some thing going with that.

8. Hey man, great to see your looking at getting physically fit :).

Since January i've been working at getting fit. I was by no means fat but in certain parts of my body I wasn't happy with the extra fat. Since then i've really improved on getting rid of that unwanted weight. I credit all of my success to three important factors:

• Cardio
    • Eating very healthy
    • Sleep
    Cardio
    I went all out with doing cardio. Previously i've always done weights + cardio throughout the week (I would use a schedule similar to the one you plan on using). However, when I did weights + cardio I would never reach the stage i'd be happy with. Don't get me wrong - I have successfully gained some muscle and reduced fat from a weights + cardio workout. But it was never enough to be too noticeable. So instead this time I did cardio 5-6 days/week. All my cardio was in the form of running. Each day I would run 10.5km (6.5 miles) on a route which had lots of hills. I would do this as soon as I woke up (don't eat beforehand). This was really important in shredding off the excess bit of weight I had.

Eating Healthy
    Eating healthy goes hand in hand with cardio. After spending so much effort to train myself to be able to do the cardio as frequently as I was, I did not want my eating habits to reduce the benefits. The main things I did was eat small means through out the day. This will help improve your metabolism. Also, try and eat your heaviest meal at the start of the day and eat dinner 3-4 hours prior to the time you sleep. I also rarely ate out. I really enjoy cooking and am vegetarian (although I eat seafood) so eating out is never that fun anyway :p. My diet consisted of a lot of fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts. The only drinks I consumed were water, milk and the occasional juices I would squeeze myself (not the bottled stuff).

Sleep
    I used to never value sleeps. I always saw sleeping as a waste of time and never really enjoyed a 'good sleep'. Previously i'd sleep 4-6 hours per night. Now I sleep 8-10 hours. I found sleep to be the key factor in continuing your schedule. I mean, who wants to keep doing so much cardio and focus on their diet when you wake up feeling grumpy, tired and just 'not with it'. A good sleep pattern also helps keeps us from getting too stressed.

This is by no means a step by step guide i've trying to pass on. Obviously, there will be parts you like (i hope :p) and don't like about the plan I used. The key is for you to pick out bits you like and discard the rest. I can get into more depth about the three factors i've wrote about if there's anything your unsure/more interested about. Now that i'm fairly lean i'm going to start doing some adding some weight work to my cardio schedule. I found that setting out my plan in two important stages (1. Cardio to burn off fat and 2. Weight training for after i'm lean) was a lot faster than doing both simultaneously. Also, I avoided the health magazines (there may be good information in them but I found them too commercial).

Happy toking and good luck:smoke:

9. eating before bed is actually good for you after working out as your body needs protein and nutrients all the time and fasting for 8 or so hours during sleep means the muscles go malnourished for a long time. Its important to lose weight first by eating lots of small meals as opposed to 2 or 3 big meals as this means the body only uses what food comes in so none is turned to fatty deposit. Simple things like running, cross trainers and my personal are excellent to lose weight. Personally id reccomend alot of free weights work to start with as this are better for beginners then move on to machines and more complx workouts when your body gets used to it otherwise your in for some major lactic acid burn!

10. Do cardio workouts 3-5 days a week
    Do walks regularly
    Consume more fiber, especially soluble fiber
    Drink more water
    Stay Positive

11. You pretty much got it man, exercise more and eat better (not necessarily "less"). You will gain more weight eating a single whopper than you will from eating a half pound of lien meat and a pound of veggies.

12. #32 yourmotherf, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    Yes, I totally agree that you can gain more weight by eating one Whopper than by eating huge amounts of flaxseed meat and vegetables. Vegetables are one thing I have a negative attitude towards in general. It's just that vegetables have a lot of micronutrients and vitamins in them, but to get those vitamins and minerals you have to eat just a huge amount of those vegetables. Personally, I substituted eating vegetables. And for gaining muscle mass, I buy trenbolone, as I was advised by my trainer.