Propylene Glycol THC Tincture Recipe by me

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Tetsuol, Jun 29, 2009.

1. love the post man, if you do end up doin some pics of the process send em my way lol. as for the quantity argument... i have a bunch of prescription bottles from the mmj clinics. handy little guys for carrying around a personal stash. anyways, one particular size bottle holds about 4 grams of nice new nugs not compacted or anything just resting nicely atop eachother. when i make hash with my coffee grinder i can fit an ounce and more easily in that same container that only held an eighth or so of nugs. gotta realize the difference of volume between full nugs and finely chopped buds.

2. Awesome thread! Just browsing google and stumbled on this, I've been using e-cigs for a bit and i've been looking for a way to do this, thanks for testing this out!

One thing people should consider with this method is the type of e-cig being used. tetsuol you said you use a M 401, I believe that's a mini e-cig. I don't think you are going to get that much of a hit off that. Might want to try something with a bigger battery and manual switch(as opposed to activating the atomizer by inhaling). I'm going to be buying a Prodigy and I will try this method.

Couple of things: Can you extract THC into a normal PG flavoured juice? or is that already saturated with nicotine enough? Perhaps use of a 0-nic (or even a low-nic) juice would suffice. Or is pure PG the best way to go? I'm a huge fan of spliffs so it would be nice to get high with tabacco flavoured chron.

You didn't say if you used water, I thought ejuice is made from PG and water and that's how vapor is produced. How is vapor production with your tincture?

3. Hey this is a great idea I've been searching ways to do this sucessfully and haven't found one till now. Do you think this would work with vegetable glycerin and 3 grams of vapepoo.

4. preflvored and nicotien infused e-juice wont work cause its allready saturated with the flavoing and nicotien also id like to add here.. dont make a whole pint unless your making it for multiple people

after about a month my original tincture has lost all potency. at first i noticed a gradual loss in flavor as it tasted of mint less so each passing week til finally it had no flavor. and after a month i could smoke all i wanted to and i did smoke alot.. and it had no effect on me not even a slight buzz

so i dont know the chemistry on this but i can say this for a fact.. your e-cigarette tincture will only keep for about a month. thats its shelf life then its just nasty tasting propylene glycol with no effect and no flavor

so dont make more then your gonna use in id reccomend a 2 weeks supply once you know how much you will use

so for first timers. take my original recipe and do like 1/8th of all i used or 1/4th

equal amounts work best. 4 oz PG 4oz bud ect ect

5. Hey man. I really wanna thank you for this recipe. I havent tried it yet, but I just got my Joye 510 e-cig today. Months before deciding to get one, i wondered if it was possible to make a thc e-juice. On the same day that I got my e-cig in the mail, i luckily stumbled across your post.

This is definately something im gonna try when i get back from a certain Grateful Dead themed camping trip in Missouri this weekend. :)

One question though. If I just wanted a small quantity to try out, would I use 1/8 of pg if I want to just try 1/8 of schwag?

Also as far as batteries flooding, the newer e-cigs coming out with manual batteries dont have a hole in the battery, so liquid wont ruin them if you drip a few drops on the atomizer. You can flood the atomizer though, which isnt a big deal considering you can clean them out with alcohol.

Thanks again. This is the ultimate in stealth technology. :smoking:

6. yes indeed 1/8th for 1/8th as i posted earlier dont make big batches as it seems to have shelf life of less then a month then it loses potency

7. #27 PressEnter, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Great work, Tetsuol.
    I have 4 quick questions for u:
    1. Could u measure the temperature of the PG mixture? I am afraid that I could boil out the active ingredients.
    2. What do you mean by "orange oil" - there are so many types?
    3. Based on all I read here, I am slightly confused: Is the ratio of PG to the weed is 4:1 - or is it 1:1? (you mentioned that with the donated 1oz of kush you used 4oz of PG, but later on you recomend the 1:1 ratio)
    4. Have you tried Vegetable Glycerine instead of the PG?

Thank You in advance... Onwards and Upwards...

8. i have only done so with PG also try to keep the temp below 280. the boiling point of water is 212F

the burn off point of thc is around 280-300f iirc so i usualy try to keep temp at abt 220 which fits the as i said bare minimum your stove will go. to where its just barely simmering

also as i may have forgotten to note do keep it covered. thats kinda a biggie and i should have mentioned that in main post i havent had much time cause since the start of this thread ive been comissioned by several people to make for and/or teach them how to do it properly so ive been spending alot of time on the phone buy hey its money in the pocket right..

also ill state here for legal purposes. i do not make this for illegal distribution and only teach those with a perscription *cough*

anyway abt the kush i used less pg cause the cannibus was more potent so i figured id need less. ive tried the 1to4 ratio of schwagg to pg and it came out horible really truely horrible and a waste of bud period

as or the oils. any extract from the baking goods section of your local supermarket will work. i hear great things about vanilla extract which i will be trying soon.

my most recent concoction was some hydro with grape koolaid... not the koolaid mixed with water but dumping the powder into the mix. it wasnt as huge of a success as i hoped for but also wasnt my idea it was a friends attempt and thats what he wanted. it came out OK but not as good as the kush/orange mix

probably cause it was a powder and not an extract i dont know. or maybe cause it was hydro and not your basic cured bud. who knows

9. yes i agree i have bought several e-cigs and by far the joye 510 is the best and the best e-cig for this kind of use.. two reasons why. reason one it takes high temps to get the thc to burn so u may end up puffing 10 times or more on a suction activated e cig before the thc is released. the joye 510 is manual so u can hold the button down for abt 3 seconds then start to inhale thus delivering the thc much faster

reason 2 as he stated all of the suction powered e cigs contain a hole that leads into the battery. and if you drip which ima if your not dripping and wondering why u aint getting high.. that would be the reason lol

anyway if u drip eventualy itll seep into the battery burn it out and u have to plop down more cash for a new ecig so my shameless plug for the day is this

Joye 510 Vaporizer

if your serious abt stealth toking take it from me this is the best of the best and DOESNT cost an arm and a leg. theirs others like this cost twice as much but this is all u need to get the job done

i didnt even consider this til i saw dystoria64's post. but i bought one and LOVE it

when u order do me a favor and let shawn know i refered you =P

10. Thank you very much.
    So Bottom line the "Tetsuol method" is:
    a. 1:1 ratio. Chop up the weed
    b. keep the temp around 220F.
    c. keep it covered
    d. cook 6 - 8 hrs
    e. blend in food processor
    f. strain through cheese cloth
    g. vape away...

have I missed out anything?

11. in a nutshell thats it you got it head on

12. i read this in another thread,anyone tried it?

"dissolve honey oil in a glycerin or propylene glycol tincture,and put 1 tsp glycerin to 1/2 gram of honey oil to maintain potency."

13. Isn't propylene glycol antifreeze? Im confused? I thought that stuff was bad for you?

14. ethylene glycol is antifreeze.

propylene glycol (USP) is food grade, also used in e-cig refills (juice).

15. hmm never tried to dissolve honey oil im sure it would have to be heated. also honey oil is oil base im sure it would be a real pan to get it to mix with PG

but go ahead and try post results here. were all kinda just doing this out of our pockets. i put up a donation thingy so i could do more experiments but no one donates lol. so im mainly sticking to the recipie i know that works

i may try new things in the future but as its coming from my own pocket dont hold your breath =
    p

16. you could also use glycerine (usp) if it is easier to mix.

glycerine as well as PG is used in e-juice.
    it is the active ingredient that produces the vapor (smoke)

i used both making diy e-juice.
    they are clear see-through sweet tasting oil-alike liquids.

i have everything except the honey oil to try it out.....:mad:

17. cool, good to know...

18. Great info here. I have been into the e-cig thing for over a year now, and have been wondering if anyone had figured it out - didn't want to waste any of my own in testing (sorry, cheapo here!).

On a side note, please, be very careful when linking to any e-cig site. I know you may think you are only bringing them business, but, since these are still so new, the FDA and US GOV is just looking for a reason to outright ban them. They are getting the push from big tobacco and the pharmaceutical companies to outlaw them. This could throw them over the top.

I personally will give this a try. If anyone needs information on how to use the e-cig, or what they are, etc. PM me and I will send you a link.

19. Thanks for this im guna ask santa for test tubes and a lab coat !
    absolutelyecigs in china (yes china) does manual batterys for m401/2 - better for pre heating

Keep up the good work n share ur knowledge
    (i have none of my own anymore my GF has it)

20. ill be getting my E-cig any day now, im excited. i wish i had read that about manual batteries, i didnt even think about that. im gonna have to order a hash only cig at some point thats bigger and manual. im gonna do 1/8th into 1/8th glycerin USP, i was wondering if i threw some mint leaves into the mixture with the chopped up buds if the glycerin would extract the flavor or do i need to do something else to get the mint flavor out? i guess i should just ask that in an e-cig forum eh hehe but i like to keep it stoney, those tobacco heads are goofy...

EDIT: +rep for this, im glad someone figured this shit out and let us know. once i try it out ill post some pictures if everything goes well, maybe we can make this a sticky hehe and organize it a little better