Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Manure

• Please log in to reply

grassboy

grassboy

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,302 posts
I have acquired a large quantity of manure for my plants. I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience using manure on their plants and if there are any tips you could give me. How much to feed them, how long between feedings.

Are there any benefits?

BTW these are my babies (Dinafem Blue Widow x 3):

the third plant is somewhere else.

P1010017.jpg

Similar Topics: Manure     x

Corto Malteze

Corto Malteze

Night grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,879 posts

grassboy

grassboy

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,302 posts

thy look real nice. Manure is good. I mix it in the soil like 20%. You can also use itr as topping but IDK how much. Greenmeany ses a whole lot as topping, you can see his thread. Manure has nitrogen so is for veg if it's not already in your soil.

Thanks for the reply where is greenmeanys thread :)

Corto Malteze

Corto Malteze

Night grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,879 posts

stickynugs

stickynugs

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 403 posts
my soil has poop in it already premixed.
so i dont use manure.
but from what i hear. if its cow shit or somthing. its very easy to burn your plants with it.

Corto Malteze

Corto Malteze

Night grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,879 posts

mattyblaze

mattyblaze

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Here's my mix ratio-
33% composted goat manure
33% fox farm ocean forest
33% top soil.

Also used water polymers to reduce watering. No burning at all, pretty sure the goat manure is straight rocket fuel for the plants. Went from 1 foot to 5.5 feet in 1 month!!!!

redlion

redlion

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
I've had success scooping up a little horse shit and mixing it with plain water. Nice source of nitrogen.

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts

I've had success scooping up a little horse shit .

Like running into the road with a bucket and spade?? LOL

madodah

madodah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 886 posts
I mix 25% composted cow manure from an organic dairy with 50% natural soil and 25% organic soil amendment. At the bottom of my 3' holes I put a 3" thick mixture of 50% of the same cow manure ($15 for a 1/2T pickup bed load) and 50% natural soil.

If you intend to go organic be cautious about the manure you use as most dairy and cattle operations use a lot of chemicals in their feed to stimulate milk production and beef growth.

Attached Thumbnails

• garden_062609_1.jpg
  • garden_062609_2.jpg

• cantharis likes this

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts
Hey madodah, those are gonna be beasts!! +rep

madodah

madodah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 886 posts

Hey madodah, those are gonna be beasts!! +rep

A local strain grown organically for over 20-years. I germinate from seed in dirt and grow in dirt. I'm still trying for a four pounder but our last average frost date is 04-29 (with guaranteed storms in May) and there are too many incidents of early flowering when people using this strain try and get an early start.

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts

I'm still trying for a four pounder

Lucky you. I´m still trying for a TWO pounder !! But I have to grow in pots.

madodah

madodah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 886 posts

Lucky you. I´m still trying for a TWO pounder !! But I have to grow in pots.

Pots, regardless of their size, do have restrictions. From what I've read of your posts you know what you're doing so if it can be done you'll get two pounders.

Rem

Rem

• Registered Upgraded
  • 136 posts
Make nutrient water.

Take milk jugs (4 gallon I beleive) and put about an inch of manure in the bottom then fill them with water. Its best to let them sit, longer is better, but you can put it on any time. Shake it around once and a while, your plants will love it. :D

grassboy

grassboy

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,302 posts

Make nutrient water.

Take milk jugs (4 gallon I beleive) and put about an inch of manure in the bottom then fill them with water. Its best to let them sit, longer is better, but you can put it on any time. Shake it around once and a while, your plants will love it. :D

I best get my tape measure out for the manure. :hello:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users