Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Have Cali weed prices come down?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by qwik1, Jun 25, 2009.

1. I do appreciate anyone who grows cannabis, for medicine or whatever reason, but, tell me, was it in California? I ask because many people outside of this area do not realize how expensive it is to simply live here.

Paradise lost, does not come cheaply, it seems. That being said...

Have you ever been the director of a California Medical Cannabis dispensary?

Because without that experience, I would not speak out on who is making what, because of the amount of DISINFORMATION the feds put out about the business.

Ask my friend Ed, Ed Rosenthal (Ed Rosenthal) | MySpace.com, if you don't believe me... but the feds have been doing a major disinformation campaign for years. And one of their main points of attack is always "How much money these Cannabis people are making".

How about a Pfizer employee? You want some obscene numbers?

Why should Cannabis not be as profitable to it's proponents, as the garbage these people sell?

You are all looking at the superficialities of the movement, and forgetting one thing.

Cannabis is better, and actually WORKS.

Do you pay more for something that works well, or just go get an inferior substitute?

In most California Dispensaries, you can buy a 10 dollar clone, or a 500 dollar ounce.

The choice is yours, but the reason one is so much more expensive, is really the time involved, and the number of people.

Arguing that cannabis should be a non-profit industry, is like saying that it has nothing but wish potential, when in fact, it is clinically kicking the shit out of most pharmaceuticals, which are sold for huge profits.

I think the inferior performer should be the non-profit. Pfuck Pfizer's Profits.

Cannabis is King, in California. Get a recommendation and grow on your porch. You don't need to be a large scale anything to take care of your own medical needs, if in fact, that is what you are doing.

It will cost you nothing but time, effort, nutes, soil, pots, pest control, and home security...you know, about 20 dollars!:D

2. If all you buy is eights then it's pretty much the same as street prices. The problem is the place I go to stopped giving breaks on O s and halfs. So it's way more expensive then street price.

Anyone know any places near the no with good O prices?

3. Weed in the clubs around so-cal is super dank but it also can cost 600+ for an oz of Og Kush. In my opinion they need to lower their prices because all it does is make people go back to the street. I cannot afford an 600 oz when I could get an oz of SD for 290 on the streets. Also there are no quantity discounts. You buy a 1/4 for 125 and an oz of that is 600. Thats why my recomendation would be to (if possible) grow it yourself, its the only logical and sensible solution. I only go to the club when I want something like hash, kief..ect or some world class buds.

P.S. I'm only talking about my club maybe others are better.

4. Thank god someone on here, more specifically someone who knows WTF they are talkin about, acknowledges how little money it takes to grow primo buds. These folks who are saying 80 for an eighth is justified are lost...

5. #25 BootyJuice, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    The OG Kush I currently sell to SVF clubs for $5200 to $5500 per lb retails for $75 per eighth, or $9,600 per lb. My cost, excluding the initial startup of $30,000, is $875.00 per lb. The true cost of production therefore depends upon how long you ammortize the initial start up capital.

6. By your math, your mark-up to the club is over 500%. Their mark up to the patients is only 45%. Which one of you is overpriced?:confused:

Only one m in amortize, that should help shorten the liquidation of your debt by installment payments.

Do you mean you took out a loan to buy your 30,000 dollar grow set up?:eek:

What's your interest rate on that loan? Does that figure into your amortization?

The OG Kush growing on my backporch has cost me $10.00 USD per clone, and it came from a club. It smells fantastic!

In October, I will be harvesting enough to last myself and my spouse for a year. Next year, repeat. I will probably take some clones off of these plants, and start a second crop to finish indoors, by giving them free to my friend, who will do the indoor honors.

Should I amortize the payments on the house?:D

The sunlight in California is free to all takers.

My point is, if you think the clubs are overpriced, then you need to grow your own. Period.

The Federal Government has been stealing from these clubs for years, as if it was their right to do so, and legal defense funds cannot be amortized.

If you appreciate the miracle of these clubs even being around at all, in spite of the Raich decision by the US Supreme court, then you should be willing to donate to defend the last vestige of American Freedom.

You don't need lawyers in your grow room, but that club you 'sell'(?) to, had better have a real good one, if not a whole team of them.

Please stop trying to say how evil it is for people to make a living through compassionate care. They are providing a service, and if you don't like it, don't go.

And for the people bitching about California Compassion Club prices, from anywhere else in the world, besides California....

STFU.

The clubs are there for people who can't grow their own, because they are too ill, or have other extenuating circumstances.

It is not a 99 cent store for stoners, it is a medical supply line for the elderly, the infirmed, and the crippled.

If you don't like the prices, there's always Tijuana.

7. It is indeed outrageous if you are buying $80 an ounce. I still don't see how if I were to be growing something passionately for 4-8 months (maybe a nice sativa), harvested, took the time to trim it myself and patiently cured it, how I would just let it go for $200. It certainly leaves a lot of room for profit, considering the initial unit start up cost, but can you really put a price a good grower doing what he does best?

8. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, I hear the weather is nice this time of year, but getting chopped up and fed to the hogs or stuffed live into a vat of acid is not my idea of bargain hunting.

My advice would obviously be for people to continue to avail themselves to the amazing buffet of high grade meds offered by the clubs, but I am biased.

9. So, you're one of those rip-off artists in Cali?

You must be pretty well set up, legally, if you can come on here and announce your statistics. Or are you just not that clever?

Only a fed would come on here and do that, IMO. :mad:

10. ^^^^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT!

The paranoia stoners openly parade is almost as funny as their unique combination of ignorance, anger, insecurity, and arrogance.

We are a Medical Marijuana Cultivation Collective which is FULLY LEGAL and compliant with all CA State and County laws and ordinances, including Prop 215, SB 420, CA HS laws, and the CA State Attorney General Guidelines of Aug '08.

As far as being a Cali rip off artist, well...that is for each individual to judge. You, however, can't seem to decide between that or a Fed or Tony Montana. Maybe it's best if you just have a lie down.

I love you guys.

11. Way to insult most of the people on this forum!

Only people who're not terribly clever would come onto a forum like this and disclose grow information. And the money you charge is not really a very smart thing to do on here, either.
    Tell me more about your E-grow!

12. Bfunker you would be surprised at how many people on this forum, who profit from stoners, do not smoke. You may also chuckle to know that the local LE has been to our cultivation collective location - in the presence of our attorney and from OUR OWN INVITATION!

You really do have ALOT to learn.

13. My advice would be for people to grow their own since it's so damn easy to do so, and thus put most dealers out of business OR at least drive prices down.

I'm not sure how people who charge what some of you do can live with themselves but hey that's just me.

14. Oh I know plenty. And now I know that you're legally sanctioned to rip people off, eh.

Thanks for that.
    I will always grow my own, so that I don't have to buy into scams like that of BootyJuice.

15. I hear all these people talking about how they have all these state and county laws backing them up. Correct me if I am wrong but federal law still supersedes state law?? Seems like a house of cards to me.

16. truth

17. Oh it is. All it takes is a new Administration to have the full wrath of the DEA descend on MMJ States once more. Nothing short of changes to Federal law will really solve the problem ultimately.

18. I'm pay between 275-300 for an ounce of some super kill purple:hello: I love the bay

19. These folks who feel they are protected by their state laws mut be uneducated or as they say ignorance is bliss. They are in NO way protected from anything look at Eddy Lepp.

20. I'd like to say, the community as a whole dealt real well with the bullying.
    As far as protesting at raids, protesting at courthouses, after-arrest support, and activism over in washington. ASA and NORML have been doing a great job keeping us afloat despite the raids.

Thank god they're over now.

My dispensary works with their suppliers to get prices down. I pay no more than 60/e but thats still too high. More and more top-shelf quality strains are appearing for 50, in a year I think the average will be down to 45/50.