• Jun 25 2009 07:43 AM
  • 61 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • miguel007
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

Good morning Folks !!! El Camino del Rey is the name of a very dangerous walkway, located in Spain, Malaga, well...if you're scared of heights, this video will make your head spincheck this out!

One of the most dangerous trails in the world - El Camino del Rey

Very impressive!!!
  • EASYlivin likes this
Replies (61)

• KansasToker
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 668 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

damn that's sick

• A Pimp Named Slickback

• Thai
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

Holy shit... you really need balls to do that. Id deffinatly do it tho.. but just wouldnt be able to smoke before or id probobly stumble off haha

• roadtrippin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

HOLY SHIT MAN! I dunno if I would step foot on that trail, that takes some serious guts, or a safety harness like one of the dudes in the video had. That trail is so fucking narrow and worn down, traversing a 2 inch beam for 5 feet, 500-1000 feet from the ground... insane.

edit: wiki says its 984 feet above the river. also says that the entrances to the trail are actually closed because too many people died trying to walk it, people still sneak onto it though. oh and they budgeted a resoration plan in 2006

Edited by roadtrippin, 25 June 2009 - 08:26 AM.

• the spark

• OneLove.
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

As soon as the video began to play I was like, "fuck that", but that's something crazy to see in your lifetime. Stunning, nonetheless.

• Banned

• Rod Munch
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:27 AM

:eek:OMFG!!!!!!! VERTIGOOOOO. That was some of the gnarliest shit ive seen in a awhile. i had that vertigo feeling in my gut the entire clip. and i was actually relieved when it ended. 4 people died there trying to cross that trail in 2000!!! that dude was fuckin walkin on beams of steel hundreds of feet above what is your certain death.:eek:

• Dendrite
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

That is pretty dangerous, but mostly due to deterioration. If they actually maintained it that would be pretty tame, except for people with vertigo I guess. Quite a nice view though.

• Banned

• grassboy
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

I live in the province of Malaga and am about 45 minutes away from El Camino del Rey.
Been up there once and it is fucking scary.

The trail is in a place called El Chorro went there last year and picked up some of the best hash I have smoked.

I think someone died rockclimbing there a month or two back.

• Banned

• Rod Munch
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:36 AM

HOLY SHIT MAN! I dunno if I would step foot on that trail, that takes some serious guts, or a safety harness like one of the dudes in the video had. That trail is so fucking narrow and worn down, traversing a 2 inch beam for 5 feet, 500-1000 feet from the ground... insane.

edit: wiki says its 984 feet above the river. also says that the entrances to the trail are actually closed because too many people died trying to walk it, people still sneak onto it though. oh and they budgeted a resoration plan in 2006

^^^^^lol ya coming up with the budget was the easy part. Getting people to repair it is the hard part, and prolly what they're still waiting on.

2006 EL CAMINO DEL REY Trail restoration Job Resumes June 25,2009 1:33am

INBOX: 0

• roadtrippin
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

lol yeah, i def wouldnt want to be one of the dudes maintaining that trail thats for sure

• PipPipPip
  • miguel007
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Just to learn a little more about the place

Caminito del Rey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Banned

• WeeD BurPs
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

Posted Image

• An Enigma of Sorts

• ForYouBlue
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 675 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

HOLY SHIT MAN! I dunno if I would step foot on that trail, that takes some serious guts, or a safety harness like one of the dudes in the video had.

Psh, "safety" is for pussies...

Just kidding.

That trail is way scary. I can honestly say that if I ever somehow ended up there...I'd fucking cry.

• Banned

• xlikelocusts
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

I see your el camino del ray and raise you one mount Hua.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke4-cwNvDuE]YouTube - Mount Huashan[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh5zKOd_Sgg"][/ame]

Edited by xlikelocusts, 27 June 2009 - 03:47 PM.

• Question the question

• Tank Deezel
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'd like to ride my mountain through that trail.

• Seriously Turtle...

• SmokeMoreWeed
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

I'd do it, but I don't think I could handle those small steel beams he had to cross. If you slip or fall, you're done.

Must be awesome view when you're high though

• Jumpin' Blues

• Highbinder
  • Old School
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

I love climbing but I get crazy vertigo, even just up a tree. So fuck doing that unless I had a harness, damn..

• Sweet Green Love

• Gr0wSm0k3S3ll
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 968 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

i like how you walk across a beam lol!!!

• Banned

• WeeD BurPs
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

the only parts i found that i wouldnt do is walking the poles.

honestly how do they do that. who are tehese people. professionally trained or just risky, both? i would do it just not the walking on those poles, that part for me is unexplainable really

• Mudrat Detector

• DirtyPete
  • Bronze Member
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

honestly how do they do that. who are tehese people. professionally trained or just risky, both? i would do it just not the walking on those poles, that part for me is unexplainable really

I think in most of the pole parts they are close enough to a wall so that they can brace themselves against it

Either way, there's no fucking way I would go on that thing even if I had a safety harness, it was completely restored and they had rails.

Just no fucking way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved