Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Military + Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Weed.Wacker, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ^^ so following orders to shoot people you've never met is right?
    that's why I'm never joining.

2. I really do feel bad for you man, and don't get me wrong, your a brave motherfucker but that still doesn't make war/killing right. You are placed on this planet to live a happy life and prosper without interference from any other variable that might otherwise terminate your life. I hate to break it to you but you do not know the true meaning of life, you are supposed to be happy, enjoy life while you can and try and live your longest without being in pain or suffering.

The military is a hoax, many of our wars are actually prompted by the US government, they make money off the wars via the arms trade, they are happy to declare war on anyone (ever noticed we never get invaded but we invade places like Iraq and Afghanistan, doesn't sound like defense to me.) Anyway, your being sent out there to fight and put your LIFE(the most valuable thing you'll ever have) in danger for a bunch of greedy, rich politicians all sitting around laughing and joking around with each other, then they go to their huge billion dollar houses, watch some TV, then go to sleep peacefully, if you seriously think any of these politicians who sent you in give a shit about you and your life you are sadly mistaken.

You are not defending your country, you are being manipulated into thinking the military is honorable just so a few suits can grab their big paychecks at the end of the day, they don't care about you, and you will never meet them. You are being sent in to KILL the lives of other human beings that are MUCH less fortunate than you, most are starving or in pain, and you come over there and blast them in the head, it is WRONG and I will never have a part of ANY killing unless it is for self defense. Your a toy, you are a puppet for the men behind the curtain, I beg you to reconsider, I'd hate to see you die for something that isn't a good cause, you really do need to think about this before it's too late, live YOUR life, not sacrifice it for somebody who doesn't give a shit about you, not to mention murdering other people and ruining their families lives as well as theirs. The military is made out to be so honorable but it's just a lie, it is not honorable to kill without questioning why you are killing, little do you know these people who sent you out there don't give a rats ass what happens.

You think that living life is about honor and doing "hard work", You sacrifice your own happiness and fulfilling life just so you can maintain a sense of false honor by thinking your tough for having to deal with traumatic events, it's pointless.

Just my .02 cents, it may seem aggressive but I don't intend this post as a flame, I respect you and all your decision but I just hope someday you'll make the right one.

3. no u cant. My paps was in for 23 years. You cant smoke or do any drugs that you are not prescribed too...........PERIOD, including marijuana. You see, if you go tellling them you have insomnia they will kick you out, you cant even have any of that. It dont matter if you are in cali, youll get dishonorably discharged and a bit of jailtime.

4. just cuz hes going in doesnt mean hes going to kill, but if you go in the army and the marines you are brainless and cant get into anything bettor, or you are a tool who wants to "fight" for your country.

Not saying that people who fight for me are tools becaus I thank them for my rights but you know the particular american pride meathead guy

5. I understand completely what you are talking about. My brother and I used to do everything together, he always stood up for me and never did me any wrong, the least I can do for him is do something he loved doing, fighting for the people that he really cared about, I'm not suicidal or anything but it seems that the best way i can Honor him is following in his footsteps, and If I come home in one piece or end up K.I.A. The greatest honor I could ever achieve wouldn't be a medal, It would be me, walking up to his grave and talking to him, telling him we won the war and he is a hero and his death wasn't in vein, just making sure he knows that he is right for what he did, and if I can't do that, then i'll be fucking proud to be laying there next to him in the ground, knowing we both died for what we believed in, he was my bestfriend, he bailed me out of so much shit, I love him, He was like a father to me and i'll do anything in the world to bring him back...If i could, i would switch places with him, He was 26 years old, he left behind a baby boy and a wife that dosen't sleep at night still. I wish I could have been there, I wish i was older when it happened and I truly wish that if i was there, i could have taken the bullets for him, he was so happy to leave and do what he believed was right...the man is my Idol, I know you guys may not understand what i'm talking about..but this is the way i will choose to honor my brother.

I believe it is the right choice. After all this, we all have our own opinions that we share, but please, I know im not the only one with a story, there are thousands...tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of people just like me. So please, never say that a war is pointless and no-one should join the military because its a bunch of bullshit, I know most of you have read my story and hopefully taken it to heart, the Military isn't a bunch of crazy ass guys that love to run around killing and murdering people. Most Soldiers join with a purpose, and incase you where wondering what my purpose to join was..? The day my older brother left, I wrote on a piece of paper everything i could think about how he was going to be a hero and come home, and at the end I wrote "I promise that I will fight by your side when I am old enough, I love you Big Bro" and to tell all you the truth, I forgot about writing that note until I was at his funeral and I saw it laying on his coffin. He had kept it the whole time, I opened it up to see if it was the note and i was shocked , he wrote back on it saying "If anything happens to me, I wan't you to know that i'll always watch over you, and never let anyone do you harm" then he signed the date..I realized how much the letter ment to me because he wrote on the letter as soon as he found out his unit was going into heavy combat..2 weeks before he was killed, I'm going to carry that letter with me the whole time i'm over there and show my Brother that I can help finish what he started. I'm going to leave this thread now...I truthfully can't talk about it anymore, I hope you all understand that Most soldiers choose to go into Service because they have a reason, not because they want to help our government.

Thank you all for listening, I hope everyone can take something out of this.

6. Mate, if you get deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq, insomnia will be the least of your problems, the PTSD should take care of that!

7. Very understandable, and don't get me wrong, it's great that you want to honor your brother but joining up with a task force run by a bunch of greedy politicians and killing other humans isn't the way to go about it. You claim people don't join to help the government, but for other reasons, I can see NO other logical reason to join the military and possibly risk your life for, you know what your doing and you probably know deep down that it is wrong to kill, your putting your enemies families in the same pain you were put through when your brother passed away. Without the whole brother ordeal, imagine it never happened, now why would you want to join the military?

Let's say your brother didn't join and didn't die, you wouldn't join? If that is correct then tell me how this makes sense: Throwing your life on the line for a bunch of suits that don't care about you and risking your own life and PTSD as well as trauma or terminal injury, all just because your brother died? You are not honoring him in any way, I hate to say it but you are just doing the wrong thing, you and your family have a very warped view of honor.

I hope you realize your doing more harm than good in joining the military, your family has a military history, and they're decisions to join and die put all their loved ones back home in misery all because they wanted to feel honorable, their families at home are innocent people, and your brother goes out there and puts himself in front of bullets just so the rest of the family never has a wink of sleep for the rest of their lives. You are HURTING your family by joining the military, if you die you will leave your family behind and it will destroy their life, you would be responsible for putting your family in deep depression and misery. True honor is NOT joining the military, be the one in your family who actually does the smart thing and stays with their loved ones and lives a happy life, be the first one to do the true honor of staying alive instead of having your whole family tree massacred by the militarys risk factor and death toll is no honroable act at all, in fact, I hate to say it, but it's actually a very selfish thing to do, joining the military puts your family in extreme worry and if something happened to you, you would ruin their lives, ALL for the same of just because your brother got shot and died, if it makes you feel any better the man who probably shot him is probably dead by now and was killed right after shooting your brother, so there's no need to get revenge or honor him.

This really sounds like a bad post and I apologize if I done anything to make it seem hostile, but my thoughts on this are pretty extreme and I'm just trying to help a fellow man out to become the best man in his family and not throw his life and family into peril and misery for the sake of shooting people that you are ordered to die by men in suits who sleep all night peacefully, while your family lays in bed awake thinking about you all night.

8. I am on the verge of joining the military(navy or marines) and you don't join just to go fight. Most people join the military for the experience, great opportunities and the fucking AWESOME benefits. If i were to join the military and go to school while enlisted they pay for ALL of the schooling + you get your salary + all medical/dental and that shit is covered + if you live off base you get X amount of dollars per month. The military is a fucking GREAT opportunity.

Also if you join it's not 100% you are going to fight, i depends on the branch and your job.

9. Experience, great oppurtinities, and incredible benefits are not worth risking my life over, my life holds more value than any of those things, not to mention risking the distraught depression of my family if something happened to me. Or maybe I come back without a limb, oh yeah that's great experience, oppurtunities? You mean like the opportunity to get shot or blown up? Fun.

10. I served in the Navy for four years to pay for college. You don't have to agree with this war to serve in the military. Military service is a tradition in my family. I never once was told to shoot anyone, and even though I was stationed in the middle-east, Bahrain, I actually had a great time in the military. The military is just another career choice for alot of people in this country and shouldn't be criticized by the policies of our leaders.

As for marijuana in the military, there is pretty much no way you can smoke and be in the military. I only know the specifics for the Navy, but it is similar across the different branches. You are piss tested the moment you get to MEPs and then regularly after that. Everytime you come back from an extended leave period you will be tested immediately and without any notice. If you are a medical card carrier then I guess it could be possible to get into the military and somehow smoke when you go on leave for long periods of time, but that will be only about once a year and will be around the holidays. Other than that you run the risk of getting randomly tested. If you pop positive, there are no questions asked, you are just immediately discharged.

11. If you're going into the armed services and you need a medical marijuana card for your ailment, that won't look good.

Most recruiters would see that and probably think you have Cancer and therefore not let you join up.

They piss test like crazy too.

12. Exactly. There is a lot of different jobs in different branches of military, its not all infantry. I personally think joining the military is a amazing decision. I'm thinking of going to the airforce, and for me thats a great choice, i just graduated high school, i didn't get grades to go to college, i dont have a job and i live in the state with the highest uneploment rate, its really hard to get a job over here. Good thing about the military is thell take (almost) everyone so i won't have to work at wendys, and ontop of that i get the experience of a liftime, and all of those benifits.

13. You can smoke tobacco all you want. my paps was in for 27 years. deployed 4 times.

14. And get shot at by people you've never met*
    You don't just mercilessly kill and mission complete. Your complete ignorant about the war.

15. lol air force probably wont take you then. hate to burst your bubble, they have the highest retention rate of all services, and thus have the most stringent recruitment requirements. they get pretty much everyone applying for them too, so they only take the best.

16. The ultimate goal is to usurp the enemies territory and claim victory by bringing down the opposing force, and of course there is plenty of killing along the way in achieving this goal, it wouldn't be a war if there was no killing, dodging the issue isn't something you should do.

17. Hooka, first of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry for your loss. Also I'd like to thank everyone for the info they posted.

I appreciate you guy's concern about mine, or anybody else's decision to join. I am well aware of the dangers and problems of joining. Also I am aware that theres a part of the U.S. government that is the bitch of global and munition corporations. I know the Iraq War is a bullshit war over oil and I know almost every war or conflict after WWII is most likely bullshit or started because of lies. The Vietnam war started because our ships were placed in a way near Vietnam to provoke getting shot at. I know that our government supported elements in the South America for the sake of fruit industries. I know which wars are fought for corporations and business.

The U.S. is not perfect, but I do feel that it is the best place to live. The only reason why my family is alive is because of the U.S. military. My family were from South Vietnam and my grandpa was a spy and he found many Vietcong people took them into custody. After the Tet Offensive when the U.S. was pulling out, my grandpa just happened to be fishing on his boat and saw the U.S. ships leaving, he brought his family to the U.S. ships and they were willing to take him and his family to safety. Now here I am today, if that never happened I would never have existed. I know the U.S. provoked North Vietnam to fire at their ships so they can start the war with a good excuse and I know how the war was filled with BS and lies. But the thing is, the South Vietnamese did not want to live under Communist oppression, its better to live in a democracy then a under communist oppression. The U.S. helped South Vietnam and they helped fight the Communists. Not all wars are perfect, and sure the U.S. lost. But what if they dident? Vietnam would of been a much better place right now. The Vietnamese people today are being fucked over by their government. Its not fun when a police officer places a gun in your house, then accuses you of illegal owner ship and faking a plot that involved you using it against the government. Then your put in jail or executed, not fun at all. Also the U.S. entered also because they wanted to stop the spread of Communism, if we just let it spread, it would of soon reached our soil too. Think about it.

My point being, I know wars are sometimes started or helped started by people in our government who are rich greedy bastards. But that dosent make the individual people serving bad or for stupid reasons. The Iraq War is taking up precious lives of brave Americans and other coalition forces. I feel that the conflict in Afghanistan is the most important. Sure, munitions contracts are milking off the conflict, but we are helping the Iraqi people. The previous government in Afganistan that we all know as the Taliban is pretty fucked up and tortures people. I don't see why its okay to let a nation were they allow people to get stoned to death as entertainment for a half-time show during a soccer game just because the two people were caught together before they were married. Different culture? Sure, but stoning them to death does not make any sense. Our current conflict there is going to end stupid shit like that, I don't think its right to kick back while people are being put to death by a government run by men with guns riding along toyota pickup trucks. Also, there is genocide there, the taliban thinks they could just ride along and enslave Asian people and execute them as they please. Our current mission there will stop all that.

Stopping genocide is always a good reason to start a war, all wars fought to stop genocide is always logical. Would you like it if a mob armed with knives and guns decided to roll unto your house, rape you and your family, and chop off body parts as they please and torture you, and then kill you?

The only reason why our nation is so safe is because of the military, the only reason we are not invaded is because of the military. If we had no people serving, another nation can just roll around into ours and just start pushing people around. Would you like to live under a Soviet or Chinese dictatorship? I'm not a big fan of genocide and slave labor happening in our country. Yes, we have been fighting bs wars from time to time. But people seem to forget that the U.S. ENDED the Soviet Union's communist regime. If it still existed, our country would still be under threat of invasion or large scale attack. Imagine if most of world was under Soviet rule, the next step would be just to invade the U.S. As we all know, communism is great on paper but it fails the real world.

America may be a shitty place, but it sure as hell is better place to live then many other countries. That is why we are all here. To serve and protect it, AND getting paid for it, is a pretty good offer. Also, were not forced to join. We should be proud of that.

A lot of U.S. forces are being routed to serve in Afghanistan now, I am willing to serve there because I believe the war there is right.

I have a lot of friends in the military and they were bored as fuck when they serve, but they also had the times of their lives too. Now they can afford to study, and with what they learned in the military they have much better career opportinitues. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, the most retardedly expensive place in the U.S. to live in, even houses in the ghetto cost like $700,000. While the rest of the U.S. has huge homes in decent neighborhoods for like $250,000. This place is fucking expensive to live in, my family dosent have a lot of money, my dad is not supporting me when it comes to college money and my mom is not really making a lot. Yes I do have a lot of options aside from the military, heck my mom works for Financial Aid. But I choose to serve in the military, with the career and money opportinuties, I think its a good choice. I am well aware of my plan to join the military may backfire, sure I may lose a limb, sure I might die. But you know, life's full of risks and I feel okay with taking this one.

Okay well shit load of typing I know. But with that stuff aside, I never meant this thread to be political debate. I was only wondering about ownership of a card and being able to be enlisted. Thats all I wanted to know, and thank you for the info. I'll probably get a card after my military service.

• Like Like x 1
  18. to the OP , you will not be able to smoke and be in any military branch of service PERIOD... to all of the other posters , this is my 2nd trip around in the military and yes im getting out again but the soldiers sailors marines and air men in this country are who give you the rights and protect the rights for you to sit on this forum and write what ever you please. im not ignorant to the fact that this war is not win win situation and I dont believe the U.S should be the worlds police man but if you take a real good hard look at most of the men and women in the armed services, over half use to smoke weed and cant wait till the day they get out to do so again. Basiclly what im saying is dont judge a book "people in the military" by the stigma that others have created because most of the ones that sit and talk all of there theory's have no real fuckin clue

19. Yeah youd have to join the California Army for it to be ok. :D good luck.

Seriously though Ive met people who smoke regularly in the military. Just know that you have to spend alot of money on those 24 hour cleansing drinks lol. If one person on a base is tested positive they test the whole base. So be prepared.

20. Woah damn thats intense. I only plan on smoking when I am off duty and of course when they are not drug testing. I remember they had drug testing on the day of the super bowl my friend told me about it, the drug test center had no tv. You can tell what kind of riot that was lol!