--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. [quote name='"Neurosis"']

Haha I don't know if I'd be blowing vapour onto my hand crafted Indian rosewood.[/quote]

Haha well I don't actually vape over my guitars. They're over in the corner, but still, they give my room a -wooden- feel.

2. I know what you mean Heo about smoke feeling thin and smokers like (the former) me feeling like vapor is thin.
    I think for the most part is that most people just see what you exhale (with a vape) as being small, they make assumptions and such, and visuals are very convincing and they compare it to what you would consider you typical bong rip to be, a nice big cloud of smoke. (I really have no idea how to explain this in a way that satisfies me, forgive me if you don't understand :smoking:
    It has to do with not being educated in the various models of vapes and the different ways in which they perform. I feel like they may be stuck on the assumption that vapes are weak.
    BUT
    We knooow there are some killer vapes the deliver suitable clouds and we don't even need to mention how many more of those clouds you're getting out of the same amount, vape vs bong.

3. [quote name='"flammzrant"']I know what you mean Heo about smoke feeling thin and smokers like (the former) me feeling like vapor is thin.
    I think for the most part is that most people just see what you exhale (with a vape) as being small, they make assumptions and such, and visuals are very convincing and they compare it to what you would consider you typical bong rip to be, a nice big cloud of smoke. (I really have no idea how to explain this in a way that satisfies me, forgive me if you don't understand :smoking:
    It has to do with not being educated in the various models of vapes and the different ways in which they perform. I feel like they may be stuck on the assumption that vapes are weak.
    BUT
    We knooow there are some killer vapes the deliver suitable clouds and we don't even need to mention how many more of those clouds you're getting out of the same amount, vape vs bong.[/quote]

I mean I feel like that was a complaint for me when I first started vaporizing. I definitely missed how thick the milks were in my bong. But it also helps whenever I vaporize I turn off my room light but turn on the lamp near my desk, creating really awesome visual vapor settings. I tend to play with it a lot, and if I try a similar thing with smoke it doesn't really work out well.

I find that since vaporizing, if I have to combust, I'd rather do it through my dry sherlock, which is weird cause before I vaporized, I definitely preferred my bongs. I also like vapor-bonging more than when I first got my SSV.

4. Not so odd at all! I feel the same way.

Bongs = dense hits.
    Pipes = air-mixed hits.

A vaporist's lungs will be able to handle an air-smoke mix much better than a flat wall of tar & carcinogens. Bong rips literally give me a hot/burning sensation now, even when well filtered. That never used to happen lol. I could snap a gram, no percs... without coughing. Thank god, wait... No, 7th floor, for the SSV. Saved my lungs and throat.

Also, it's hard enough to get flavor from smoldering flowers. Once the smoke goes through water, the taste is changed and even harder for me to detect over the camp fire flavor.

Vaporizers + Good strains = spoiled connoisseur. :smoke:

5. sour d trench dank:smoke:
    [​IMG]

6. im suprised to see a few of you liking combusting with a dry pipe more now since vaporizing!

i feel im exact opposite i havnt smoked out of a dry pipe in years, last time i did it was such a hot harsh smoke.

7. [quote name='"Robaba89"']

Not so odd at all! I feel the same way.

Bongs = dense hits.
    Pipes = air-mixed hits.

A vaporist's lungs will be able to handle an air-smoke mix much better than a flat wall of tar & carcinogens. Bong rips literally give me a hot/burning sensation now, even when well filtered. That never used to happen lol. I could snap a gram, no percs... without coughing. Thank god, wait... No, 7th floor, for the SSV. Saved my lungs and throat.

Also, it's hard enough to get flavor from smoldering flowers. Once the smoke goes through water, the taste is changed and even harder for me to detect over the camp fire flavor.

Vaporizers + Good strains = spoiled connoisseur. :smoke:[/quote]

Haha you may be right. I can still take bong hits fine without coughing, it's the taste that gets to me. Also it feels just...gross for some reason, and it really didn't before, and certainly not grosser than a dry pipe xD.

The water definitely makes that difference though, I think bongs can taste better than pipes, but only if they're perfectly clean, with clean water. And I mean spotless, which is really hard to upkeep (unlike vapor where bongs stay clean ;])

[quote name='"NotoriousCheech"']im suprised to see a few of you liking combusting with a dry pipe more now since vaporizing!

i feel im exact opposite i havnt smoked out of a dry pipe in years, last time i did it was such a hot harsh smoke.[/quote]

I also think part of it is the fact that if I can bring large glass pieces, I could probably bring my silver surfer. But I don't have a portable vape yet, so for example when I go out to the mountains near my house I like chilling by the water with my sherlock.

8. In the summer last year when I went up to the mountains upstate i had a really great time hanging out on the rocks at this creek, just me, nature, and my MFLB :) super chill and just a good time. the perfect device for such an occasion I might add ;)

9. Heo I forgot to say.
    I tried some hits straight from the wand off the dbv last time I had it.
    Definitely good flavor but I may have been running a little hotter cause my lips got hurt a couple times :p
    No more no-whip hits for me

10. #13950 sublimeluvr, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    I tried taking hits direct off my wand too but I kept inhaling to slow that way so I went back to the whip.

11. Hmm interesting, mine doesn't seem hot unless I leave it in for a while (GonG wand). It is a bit more of a novelty anyway, the SSV is a bit of an awkward handheld.

12. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']Hmm interesting, mine doesn't seem hot unless I leave it in for a while (GonG wand). It is a bit more of a novelty anyway, the SSV is a bit of an awkward handheld.[/quote]

Hmmm. I don't find it a problem at all, and like to move the wand around while inhaling.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I mean while using it with the whip.

13. [quote name='"VTX1800"']

Hmmm. I don't find it a problem at all, and like to move the wand around while inhaling.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I mean while using it with the whip.[/quote]

I think you may be misunderstanding. I was saying that sometimes I don't use the hosing/mouthpiece, and pick up the SSV unit, and draw directly from the glass wand. It's not something I do a lot, usually I use the hose, and even with the GonG I'll also twist the wand a bit.

14. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

I think you may be misunderstanding. I was saying that sometimes I don't use the hosing/mouthpiece, and pick up the SSV unit, and draw directly from the glass wand. It's not something I do a lot, usually I use the hose, and even with the GonG I'll also twist the wand a bit.[/quote]

What is the advantage in taking a hit directly from the wand?

15. [quote name='"VTX1800"']

What is the advantage in taking a hit directly from the wand?[/quote]

It's an all glass airpath, and I find the taste is -slightly- better than when the vapor is run through the hose. It's mostly just for fun haha.

16. it feels like you smoking a glass blunt! bossness

17. [quote name='"Cloud954"']

it feels like you smoking a glass blunt! bossness[/quote]

My SSV is the only thing I've ever Vaped with. After 55 years of smoking every which way, I have just started vaping in the last few months.

18. anybody have issues with the screen clogging on the ssv wand?

I went thru a quad of strawberry kush in my grinder, super potent and tasty, but ive topped several bowls back to back with layers of kief and I swear the airflow is super restricted now, and I can't get big hits like I was able to the other day. Is it even possible for a screen to get clogged with particles/kief to the point it's affecting the vape's performance?

19. [quote name='"TopShelf247"']anybody have issues with the screen clogging on the ssv wand?

I went thru a quad of strawberry kush in my grinder, super potent and tasty, but ive topped several bowls back to back with layers of kief and I swear the airflow is super restricted now, and I can't get big hits like I was able to the other day. Is it even possible for a screen to get clogged with particles/kief to the point it's affecting the vape's performance?[/quote]

It's definitely possible, in fact it's guaranteed to happen if you don't clean it eventually. You may want to replace your screen, but it's also pretty easy to clean. I'd take it out and clean with Iso.

But to help it from building up too much, take extra effort after you finish each bowl. I use the metal tool to scrape, and then I pull very hard on the bowl-end. I do inhale the particles rather than exhale through the wand, because I don't want moisture from me building up. I find it takes a long time to build up if I do this.

But you'll still occasionally have to take it out and give it a clean.

20. [quote name='"TopShelf247"']anybody have issues with the screen clogging on the ssv wand?

I went thru a quad of strawberry kush in my grinder, super potent and tasty, but ive topped several bowls back to back with layers of kief and I swear the airflow is super restricted now, and I can't get big hits like I was able to the other day. Is it even possible for a screen to get clogged with particles/kief to the point it's affecting the vape's performance?[/quote]

Also to help open it up sometime without removing the screen you can crank the heat up all the way on the SSV and take huge hits with the wand empty. The super hot air and fast draw will open up the screen real good in a pinch