--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

The issue is, and most manufacturers say this themselves, is there's really no way of getting an exact temp on the bowl, load, whatever you're working with. All they can give you is the temp on the heating element, but as you draw, air cools it down, and then it has to travel to the load, an no body is measuring that air as it contacts the material. I'm sure there's not a huge difference in the heat your material gets and the heat you set the vape to, but it's something to keep in mind.

You could get a lazer thermometer and take some readings on the heating element at different dial positions.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #22562 Herbal Epiphany, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    You do not get more out of it it just takes more hits generally but also much more ends up as reclaim. My quartz nail with my dnail 2.0 hits and tastes much better than my sublimator and herbalizer. It just seems like the piece was made to do it and is my go to for dabbing. I think you are thinking more about low temp vs high temp than convection/conduction. I havent found there to be any difference in taste bc of that. Ive always been a fan of dabbing around 750 but I know most prefer around 650

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. you do get more out of it. That's the convection. You pretty much said so in what I'm quoting , " You do not get more out of it it just takes more hits generally"

More hits equals =getting more out of it.
    One giant hit off the nail or 5 giant hits via convection
    And yes I'm talking low temp high temp AND conduction .

4. as far as I know the most accurate digital readout vape is the herbie.

5. I don't have access to concentrates so take it easy on me here. Wouldn't taKing one large dab from an enail be the same as taking 5 smaller dabs? Let's say I load .1 gram into my HA and get 5 hits as opposed to 1 hit from a sublimator loaded with the same amount? Wouldn't the concentration of cannabinoids be the same in both scenarios?

6. #22566 Herbal Epiphany, May 18, 2015
    thats exactly what im saying as well, im not sure if this guy really understands..if I want more hits then I just turn the temperature down. My herbalizer might give me 20 hits at max temp, but honestly id rather take it all out of my dnail 2.0 in 1-5 hits. Much more efficient and you cant beat the taste of a quartz nail/carb cap. Id also rather use my dnail at 450 than use the herbalizer/ any convection ive tried at 450 or any temp for that matter. Efficiency/taste simply cannot be matched

7. #22567 Herbal Epiphany, May 18, 2015
    Id argue that it actually wastes a good bit bc it takes longer to finish so you DO NOT get more out of it. I can tell you for a fact one .1 dab will do much much more out of dnail than my herbalizer even though the herbalizer is convection.. You dont seem to know what you are talking about high temp vs low temp for taste as well as how long it takes to finish the dab. Taste on a quartz nail is much better than anything convection based. Convection vs conduction has no effect on taste or how many hits you get. Convection simply means hot air is used to vaporize it instead of a hot plate like convection. its how hot the air is and what the dab is on that effects taste/ number of hits. Hot plate/convection is without a doubt the best/most efficient way to consume concentrates. I dont see any serious dabbers use anything but a nail/rig combo and thats for a reason.

8. I'm saying those 5 hits came from a smaller amount as opposed to the one giant hit.

9. if I turn temp down to 450 I can take 5-10 out of my dnail using the same amount as 1 big one at 700 degrees. I just tried it and it still works better for #of hits than convection as well, although I still prefer taking one hit at a time.

10. #22570 lwien, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Here is a great vid showing an LSV being used with an SSV heater cover to whitewall some glass:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh9wBGhs_UY[/youtube]
    Tweak from FC

• Like Like x 2
  11. What is that stuff?

12. #22572 mos619, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Niiiiiice! Do you know what sort of connector that is in the bubbler?

13. I am with you there ;-)

14. custom ssv gong. Guy that makes them is no longer in business.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I tried using the ssv heater cover on the m2m with EQ screen, it was ok but I don't think it make a good seal so there wasn't as much air coming through the heater hole as there should have been. Tried it with the LSV WPA and it worked alright but uses more herb

16. What the hell is a bino??
    Feeling very sad and angry about what happened to uncle Vito.... makes my blood fucking boil

• Like Like x 2
  17. Anybody lookin to buy a new toy? I never use this thing and want to get a GoPro :smoke:

Attached Files:

Thank God.  When I first read this, I thought you were dumping the DBV for a G-Pro.  

19. #22579 STilladelph, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    I am! Tryinna sell this thing. I never use it! I would make use of a gopro all the time!

Edit: took me 3 times to read that before i realized G pro is a vape! Lol

• Like Like x 3
  20. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432584417.977335.jpg

Hope everyone havin a good holiday.
    Happy vaping.

• Like Like x 3