--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. #21981 DaBuddhaReefer, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
    The MFLB I think would be purely conduction. When people use that thing, they have to shake it around while they use it to keep the buds moving around so that different parts of the buds come in contact with the heating tray and you get an even vape. ( this is from I've read never used it ) Either this or they have to have a crazy fine grind so that enough herb is coming into contact with the heating tray for the entire hit, then they shake it after the hit. You see in this case air is not moving the heat around the heating unit, pure conduction. 

However in the case of the No2, you never have to mix it up, despite the fact that the brass heating element only comes in contact with part of your herb, it will vape all of it evenly. This is because air is heating up when it touches the brass heating element, and is then moving around the inside of the heating element, thus the air is then vaping the bud. The brass heating element itself does not heat up when you draw, its always just as hot, but as you all know it cools a little with each draw. 

I understand that a vaporizer is usually, if not always labeled as one or the other, but a lot of these vapes use both conduction and convection to achieve what they do.

2. Yea this guy gets it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Definitely gets it!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. just got mine :D 

5. What'd ya get Ham?

6. the airizer q or something like that lol 

7. Good choice! Check out fuckcombustion.com for some really good information on your new Q.

8. Getting a haze v2.5 hopefully by the weekend. There are so many cool features from the dualbowl setup,cans for concentrates,interchangeable batts, convection & conduction screens.high hopes for this one. Will keep you all posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

IF you are getting any convection heating in this fashion it is as negligible as the conductive properties of the MiniVap basket with regards to creating vapor.  The vapor in vaporizers like the Pax is created similar to a dab.  When you dab the conduction does the vaporizing and the suction is there just to create a vacuum that draws the vapor into the air stream.

10. Sorry to tell you this guys, but I sent my MiniVap back and got a refund. Only had to pay for the shipping..

So, now I am about $500 richer and still have a bad ass vape in my Mighty. 

I'm not complaining, I wish it would've worked out, but I feel like she was like that one girl in math class who was just a little out of your league. It's all good. I'm moving on. 

I'm curious.  Why exactly did you send it back?

12. I might have had a faulty unit, or maybe I was just too stupid to figure it out...

I really don't know..  :confused_2:

It wasn't doing much for me. I would try and pack it using all sorts of different combinations with the bowls and stems.. But no matter what I tired I got one of two results: either the vapor was far too harsh for my liking, or I wouldn't get anything at all.

Keep in mind I did not use this thing through a bong or any filteration device what so ever.. I just don't have any bongs lying around my house and I'm on a budget after splurging too much on vapes I really didn't want to get around to buy another thing for my toking collection. 
    But after I experienced this time and time again I just stopped using it.. It was sitting on shelf for a few weeks now untouched and I decided if I'm not going to use it, might as well get my money back before the warranty is up. 

I mean it looks and feels like a great vaporizer and others praise it. So maybe it was just me, I don't really know. I just don't think I need two high end portables sitting around my house. I am more than pleased with my Mighty the way it is. 

13. #21993 lwien, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
    Thanks Crony for the explanation.   I may be getting one so I'm trying to gather as much input as I can.   I know that they're going through some running production changes like using glass rather than teflon and making some changes to their heater as well as the firmware that controls it.    People over at FC are making some changes after the vapor path, like adding Herbalizer whips and changing up the mouthpieces, etc to help improve things.

I never noticed these issues being reported before with the original design.   First thing that comes to my mind is that old adage, "Don't fix what's not broken."   On the other hand, any running changes meant to improve an existing design, many times, have themselves needed to go through the growing pains,  but from everything that I have read, it is considered to be one of the top portable vapes on the market.

Gotta also add that the Crafty and the Mighty are also going through these growing pains as well but they seem to require less of a learning curve, if any, than most other vaporizers which kinda seems to be an S&B hallmark.

14. The MV would be a great addition to your lineup lwien. I believe crony either had a faulty unit or his technique was off. Would you be using it mainly dry or through water if you got one?

15. #21995 lwien, Jan 29, 2015

Both pretty equally.........kinda like what I'm doing with my LSV.

16. I think he had a faulty unit. We bought at the same time and my replacement I got works much better. I do agree however that this vape runs hot so taking it past the second temp setting is more comfortable through water.

17. Ah I see. Not considering the vapo 2.0 ?

18. #21998 lwien, Jan 29, 2015

It definitely runs hotter with the glass insert than the original teflon insert.

Stickstones may weigh in here.   He's got both.

19. I'm still on teflon too so not sure I'd be too happy with the glass. However I would love to try and say for sure. Maybe one day.....

20. lwien...when you get yours in holler at me.  I want to check which version you get and make sure you have all the variables worked out.