--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. man you are in for a treat.. this vape is so affordable while boasting amazing flavor and cloud production.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. And it was more affordable, as I ordered it during the black friday sale. 

3. Even better! I hope you got the small WPA

4.  I did the same two years ago.   

Just treat it with respect.   Unleashed, it can get you REALLY high, REALLY quickly without any warning.   :yay:

5. Its so ridiculous. What delicious, strong vapor

6. I no longer combust. Started vaping about two months ago. Smoked a bowl for the first time last night and it was horrible. Never again will I ever combust herbs. The taste from vaporized herbs is incredible with the added medicinal properties. Right now I have a Grenco Gpro, my first portable device, but ordered my Arizer Solo and should be here today. This will be my home unit for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Yup.   It's amazing how bad smoke tastes after vaping for awhile.

8. The solo was my first "at home portable". It's still fully functional today, minus the bent stem :( , but collects dust as I mostly vapor bong with my HA while at home. I did thoroughly enjoy my solo though. The draw restriction was never a major problem for me, but be sure to use screens in your stem otherwise you get major Scooby snacks.

9. For me it was seeing the chart that showed 75% of smoke is stuff we don't want. Leaving more space for what we do when we vape. Made perfect sense to me. 

10. Thanks! Will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. how would you guys recommend going about a single serving ABV edible? 

It's the weekend and I have all this abv saved up so I'm looking to do something with some of it at least... Could I eat it raw and get some effects? Maybe just sprinkle it in a bowl of oatmeal? or would it just be best to make an abv firecracker or something? 

From what I understand you don't need to cook it as it has already been decarboxylated through vaping.

12. #21732 lwien, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014

Check this out (copy and pasted from a post that I made over at FC)  

This worked out REALLY well:
    Recipe:

Bring to boil 1 cup of either soy milk, regular milk or almond milk (I use soy) and 1/2 cup of water.

Pour in 1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal.

Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes with intermittent stirring to desired thickness.....uncovered.

While simmering, slice up one banana into empty bowl. Add in a handful of either 10 large blackberries or a couple handfuls of blueberries. Sprinkle in a teaspoon or two of cinnamon.

When oatmeal has reached desired thickness, add in 2 grams of ABV (my ABV is a chocolate brown color) to oatmeal in pot, and stir............immediately remove from heat and pour oatmeal/abv mixture over the banana's/berries and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top a handful or two chopped walnuts.
    Toss and stir to mix things up.

Enjoy........Not only did it get me totally blitzed within an hour and kept me there for another six, it's a really healthy AND a tasty way to get there.

Bottom line.....you don't need to either heat up your abv nor do you need to mix it in with food that has a high fat content.

Edit:  I have no idea why I get this black background with a cut and paste.   Weird.

I don't know if it's an efficient method but the only thing I've tried is almond butter firecrackers. I crush the abv to dust and mix it in the almond (or peanut butter). Then I have been heating it up in the oven for 10 minutes (again, don't know if it's helpful). and making a pb & j sandwich.

I started the dosage at .6 then 1.5 and my last try I used 2.5 of abv that had been vaped between 392-445 and still didn't get a very intense high. I think I'm gonna try lwein's oatmeal recipe next time.

I've got about a quarter o of abv now and my girl is out of town so tonight sounds good for experimenting  :yummy:

14. That's a common misconception with edibles. Decarb is important, but only one step. You need to also make the cannabinoids bioavailble by attaching it to an oil carrier.

Throw some avb in coconut oil in an oven safe dish, seal well with foil, and cook at 220f for 40 mins. Wait until cool before removing the foil. Strain and serve :)

15. Thanks! I'll give it a try

16. this guy knows about the power of coconut oil.. if you want to get crazy try coconut cream concentrate.

17. They have thick coconut oil and a liquid cooking coconut oil. which one is better? the thick stuff?

18. Coconut oil ftw. Never went back with edibles after trying that and oven methods.

Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature. That's what you want

19. Besides coconut oil never going bad it has many health benefits. It's a great replacement for butter and other cooking oils. It's great as lotion for your skin..I have a 5 gallon sized bucket I got almost two years ago that isn't even halfway gone.

The thick/solid stuff has more of the "good" saturated fats that are believed to give coconut oil its health benefits.

Generally speaking, saturated fats (butter, lard, coconut, palm) are solid at room temperature, and unsaturated fats (most vegetable oils) are liquid.

"Hydrogenation" is the process of converting a liquid fat to a solid fat. This is done in the food industry to give cheap unsaturated fats the texture/properties of more expensive saturated fats (with questionable health risks).