--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Ugh so tempting... Saw a beautiful UD too. I can't purchase one any time soon though.

2. It sucks that the HI wait list is so long. Alan makes a really well thought out and high quality vaporizer. As far as I know HI is the only log vape manufacturer making a glass core vaporizer right now and it really kicks ass.

All three manufacturers right now all make really high quality vaporizers. You really cant go wrong with any of them.

@nanners Do you think its the actual vaporizer or maybe just the power supply that is failing/failed with your log vape? Its got to be either the supply or the resistor. I think Dave at underdog could probably fix it. I know he works on purple days so he might be willing to work on zaps too.

3. I could see if Dave could fix it. And idk just dosnt run as hot tried two different power supplys and a tattoo machine power supply. The tattoo one worked for awhile then stopped working... Or idk maybe I should buy another power supply from somewhere else.

4. That sucks, it sounds like you've been through a lot of frustration with it. Maybe try a higher quality variable voltage supply like a voltage keeper? They are kind of expensive for what they are but they are solid units.

Its annoying to me because my current underdog runs a little bit cooler than my past ones. Actually so cool that the underdog made vvps I have doesnt quite work well enough with it as it is regulated to only hit a maximum 13.3 V and the sweet spot for my underdog right now is about 13.6-13.8 so I have to use it with a voltage keeper.

5. That's one reason I love the enano. It comes with a temp adjuster and is very simple to use. Will have to post pics of the new one I just got,made with satinwood picked out by myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I really want to get an enano made from some exotic wood from snappo(I think he is the guy on FC?) but I have definitely spent way to much money on vaporizers over the past couple weeks so im gonna have to wait. If there is one thing I know for a fact about vaporizers its that you can never have to many.

7. #21487 Mrmrmrmr, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    . Isn't that the truth..coming from a guy who bought the herbie,evo,enano,minivap all in one year lol

8. Does the evo milk glass better then the nano ?

9. Pics please! I've been drooling at all the exotic blanks that snappo has over at fc... Dayummm!

10. I'll post some later today hopefully,and Hated it's all a matter of opinion. Imo the nano can easily milk just as well as the evo with much less herb. I sent my evo several times to the vape doctor and eventually I sold it. Nano is smaller, has the wood appeal, and has the ability to do tasty convection dabs. all in all one of my favorite vapes.

11. Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving that celebrates.

My tubing came today so I got to try my first vapor bong and I'm in love. No irritation to my lungs that I sometimes get with the whip. I'm a happy camper
    1417227405991.jpg

12. Water filtration with the herbie is awesome ! What Temps are you doing with that setup?

13. #21493 orbweaver, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    I just got a VaporGenie! I like it! 

I was still smoking pipe/joints/bong because I toke in my studio/office and as much as I love my Arizer EQ, lugging it up and the stairs and setting it up and dealing with all its parts is just... a pain in the neck. Waiting for it to heat up while I'm doing my night routine is fine but when I just need a puff here or there during the day, it's a big pain.

I got the VaporGenie with the idea that this would be a lot more manageable considering how I medicate during the day (a puff here or there as needed, not really trying to get baked). Another plus... it uses less weed than smoking does.

It fills the bill for me. It has a nice weight in the hand and is enjoyable to puff on. I can use it anywhere in the house and don't need batteries. If I ever take it out, stealth would be an issue, but as a woman, I have a socially acceptable and stylish way to carry stuff. ;) But if you're a backpack/messenger bag/satchel carrier, it's fine, too. It's just not practical in a pocket (could lead to awkward "are you happy to see me" jokes or a cop thinking you're reaching for a gun, can never be too careful).

My mom likes it, too. I was trying to get her to start using my EQ and get her away from smoking, but she is just kind of a Luddite, lol. She finds the Genie much easier to use and similar enough to a normal pipe. I will be getting her a Genie of her own for her birthday.

It's not a replacement for my EQ. My EQ is still my workhorse and when I want/need much heavier effects, I use that. The Genie has drawbacks for long sessions in that it requires both hands to operate, I would say that's its main drawback. The EQ allows me to fill a bag while I'm sucking on a bag, or to just puff on the hose. The EQ is also better for sharing. 

The EQ is much better for heavier or longer sessions and can vaporize a larger amount of weed in one session.

The drawbacks are the form factor and cumbersomeness of a tabletop vape for some useages. 

It's fine if I'm sitting around at night reading a book but I don't generally want to wait for it to heat up if I'm just going to use a *little bit*.

The Genie fills that gap for me, the gap between pipe and vaporizer. It's the convenience of the pipe with the healthier benefits and the weed conservation of vapor. 

Some of the negative reviews of the Genie that I've seen have been from people who want a heavier or longer session. Its form factor and mechanism of use are definitely not so appropriate to that.

For me, though, it's appropriate to the type of use it's going to be put to (light puffing, not heavy sessions) - the same situations that call for one-two puffs off a joint or pipe. The Genie is great for that kind of use and I recommend it as an option for light medical users. 

14. Well I've made up my mind. I'm going to order my miniVap on Monday. They have a cyber monday/black friday deal going on, plus the additional 15% off they give you by sharing your email address with them. So that's 35% off right there. I did  the math and it should come out to around $337. Quite the bargain if you ask me, considering that they were going for around $800 just a couple years ago. 

15. I think my Solo is done for.. Kind of ironic that I'm getting a new vaporizer tomorrow lol..

Oh well I guess.. It was a good run..

16. I have both and haven't picked up my Solo since I got my Mini. At some point I will get back to the Solo I'm sure but right now I'm getting used to the Mini. $337 is a nice deal too!

17. I know some people who have used the Arizer Solo and the MV and have claimed the MV is like a Solo on steroids.. Is this somewhat accurate?

18. I'm still too new with the MV to comment on that just yet. I am getting super long tasty sessions but not getting big clouds at all. I am not sure if this is my technique or something else but I need more time to experiment.

I am not a cloud chaser (I much prefer the longevity of the taste in the MV) so if you are you might be disappointed with the MV.

Again, these are my initial observations. After I have gotten more use with the MV I will report back.

19. What heat setting are you using? From what I have seen in reviews it delivers decent sized clouds compared to my solo at least.

20. The same temps I usually use, around 350-390. It doesn't get very milky but I get big tasty hits. I'm still experimenting..