--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Just because people love it doesnt mean it isnt over priced...

What does the price of an evo have to do with the minivap being over priced? The evos are over priced too but more worth the price they ask than the minivap is.

2. It's overpriced in YOUR mind. Many people would disagree including myself. I'm comparing another vaporizer that could be considered over priced (although it wasn't the best comparison because one is portable and one is plug in). Just because you think it's overpriced does not make it so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. What's it doing?

4. I'd buy a S&B vape before i paid that for a minivap
    Blue light quit working on the front and some of the yellows sometimes are dim. Still works perfectly though and holds a charge fine.

5. obviously I am speaking for my self... dont be dense.

6. #21126 Mrmrmrmr, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    I'm not being dense at all. Maybe you should be clear in what you say. You said it costs way more than its worth not I THINK or IMO it costs way more than its worth. there is huge difference between those two statements

7. Does it need to be explicitly stated or are you just being dense for the point of argument? Everyone with a brain knows value is an individual opinion and can not be generalized to everyone.

8. #21128 Mrmrmrmr, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    Dude you are so rude. I simply pointed out you should say what you mean instead of assuming people will understand and know exactly what you mean when you don't come right out and say it. why be clear and to the point when you can be vague......

9. Im just saying to assume I meant my statement to count for the opinion of everyone in the world is pretty idiotic... why be dense for the purpose of argument?

10. Getting a da Buddha tomorrow, can't wait my solo crapped out on me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #21131 mos619, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    I've been playing with the Firefly some more and I'm not sure it's the vape for me right now. I was looking for something more travel friendly to use out of the house instead of the Solo. I was attracted to the FF cause of the vapor, but it does have some drawbacks.

The bowl is pretty tiny. I might need to adjust the way I pack my loads, but I'm clearing a bowl in 4-5 hits and not feeling like I'm where I want to be. Changing the bowl on the fly can be a bit of a hassle since the lid almost always needs brushed and it seems easy to spill the bowl once the top is off, especially when sitting in a car or something.
    The battery life is also not that great. I have an extra battery, but it doesn't fit in the carrying pouch so it's not very convenient to bring along. Yeah, I could just throw it in my pocket or bag or whatever, but I'd rather not have it floating around like that. It also doesn't help that I keep forgetting to shut it off, leaving it in standby mode and draining precious power.
    The fact that it takes a technique to get good hits is also a bit of a drawback. I'd prefer something more plug and play, or maybe load and go is a better way to put it?[​IMG]

That being said, I do really like the vapor and fast heat up time. I think it would make a great vape for around the house, but my Solo fills that role nicely right now so I think I'm going to have to ditch the FF.

I've been thinking about an Ascent or splurging on a Mighty. I think the Ascent is more aesthetically pleasing and the price difference is huge, but S&B does have an awesome reputation and early reviews of the Mighty are glowing.

12. I won't pretend to have read through this whole thread. Being a noob and with technology ripping through quicker than most of us can keep up, I figure the first 1/4, if not 1/2 of the information on devices is outdated.

I have a Pax for portable Vaping and then a Hot box for home. I like my Pax but I used in HEAVILY when I first got into smoking and I was going through screens quick. Also, battery life has been an issue. Therefore, I really haven't been using my Pax much.

I enjoy my hotbox but I had an awful experience with their customer service and I want to go with a different company for my Vaping needs.

Where should I head to check out suggestions?

13. #21133 mos619, Oct 30, 2014
    I started with the hotbox too. If you like that, I'd check out the 7th floor vapes(da buddha, silver surfer, and life saber). I have a SSV and love it. It works basically the same as HBV but with adjustable heat and better airflow.

Really it all depends what you're looking for, which features matter most to you.

Check out vapecritic.com he's got some good reviews that should help you find something.

14. #21134 Hated, Oct 30, 2014
    I used a pax as my only vape for over a year and didn't replace the screen once, all you need to do is soak it in some iso.

If you check out the thread "New to vaporizing ? Start here"http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1328811-new-vaporizing-start-here.html#entry20834330 there's some good info in there. After you get an idea of what your looking for then we can make a recommendation.

Log vapes are pretty awsome I think you would be very happy with either a UD Or e nano to replace your hotbox.

As far as the pax goes, personally I prefer Mflb over the pax any day, its more efficient cheaper has a better warranty and external batteries are a plus.
    Some people dont like the mflb (usally because they dont use it right) though so thats also somthing to keep in mind.

15. I got to use a mighty last night and I must say it was pretty nice overall. Vapor production was ok I would say a little better than a solo or ascent. Flavor was really nice, very comparable to an ascent in that regard. The one thing I liked is even though we were in a group the heater didn't have much trouble keeping up and the battery was pretty amazing. We did about 8 or 9 sessions before it ran out of juice. Definitely a good portable but no way I will be buying one for my self.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm surprised they managed to keep the flavour with all that plastic.

17. I was surprised with the flavor too. Although my friend who owns it did say it kind of had a faint plastic taste for the first few days until as he described the insides got coated in residue. I never got to use it in that time period so I can't say anything for certain my self.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. An easy way to avoid this problem with that vape or any vape that has plastic along the vapor path is to heat it up with nothing in it and let anything left over from the manufacturing process "burn off".

19. #21139 POTatato Head, Oct 30, 2014
    I thought this too at first but he is a very experienced vaporist and said he ran hand full of burn offs before he first used it. He was pretty adamant that the flavor he was experiencing was not anything left over from the manufacturing process. According to him it lasted for at least 20+ sessions over his first couple days of owning it and that would insane by anyone's standards for the amount of burn offs necessary to get rid manufacturing residues. I tend to believe his theory that it has just been covered up now by weed residue smell.

edit- It could have been something along the lines of what davinci says about porous materials needing to time to release and absorb things but I believe they are either talking about silicone or ceramic when they say that. I wish I could of been the one to experience it because then I would know more. At this point im just going off what he described to me. In any case the flavor was not present to me when I used it.

20. Hmm
    Thats interesting.
    Hopefully its nothing to cause concern