--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mflb had it for 6 months

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #20842 JerryInDFW, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014

I own a MFLB and accessories too!

FWIW, I received an email from those folks a day or two ago about their latest and greatest product. They're calling it the "Maud-Dib Concentrate Box," and I admit it looks cool as hell. Dunno how well it works, but I like that the unique screens it sports are replaceable, and it even comes with a spare, but that tells me they probably burn up easily and are likely pricey as all get out.

Here's their product description:

"Please note: this product does not vaporize dry herbal material, it is for concentrates ONLY.

The Muad-Dib (pronounced maw-deeb) Concentrate Box contains everything you need to easily, quickly, and safely vaporize concentrates, oils, and herbal extracts**  No torch required! A tiny, pin head sized amount is all you need for a sensational experience. The Concentrate Box uses the same simple patented technology as the Launch Box, but with a smaller and user-replaceable screen design that reaches 900 in just three seconds. The Concentrate Box uses the same batteries as the MFLB
    but drastically improves on battery life, allowing you 50+ uses on a single charge. The Box features a brushed brass lid, an optical grade glass lens, and a brass bowl insert that makes cleaning a snap. Due to the high heat produced by this vaporizer, a 1.5 ft black silicone draw whip with brass ends is included in place of a draw stem to help cool the vapor stream.  The Muad-Dib comes in your choice of Noir or Walnut wood stylings.

**"This product has been carefully designed for use with legal hemp based extracts and oil concentrates.  Use with other oils, such as E-Liquids (for use with e-cigarettes) poses serious health concerns and is strongly discouraged. Many herbal oils contain additives whose effects are not well understood. Additives generally considered safe for use in a vape pen configuration may become harmful when magnified by the action of the Muad-Dib Concentrate Vaporizer.

Kit Includes:
    -Noir Muad-Dib Concentrate Box
    -NiMH Glyph Batteries and protective caps (2x)
    -1.5 ft Black Draw Whip
    -Battery Charger
    -Loading Spoon
    -Replacement Screen (1x)
    -Instruction Guide
    -Felt Lined Tin"

Just a few pics from the very long email:

0d647d8b-edab-4ae4-8e35-058470227ae6.jpg 30857435-e687-42da-9972-454dd958d5bb.jpg 468992b1-6bbf-4525-8d43-c512b3fd1839.jpg 69624d93-b20b-412d-a166-e623831962c6.jpg 3dae81dc-eccb-4322-a30d-ce54406fcb9d.jpg b3cff290-0459-461e-9ea2-63004422f009.jpg b188b80c-b35b-4e15-9588-e8c0bf71d26e.jpg e1478940-5870-4ea4-9537-ead4534c0426.jpg

N.B. The screens might be free, since their stuff usually comes with a no questions asked lifetime warranty. It did comment in the sales propaganda that there was "No more waiting for a replacement box to arrive in the mail," so maybe they're free if you just return the unusable one.

:bongin:

3. Looks awesome, thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I wonder if they fixed the finickiness with the actual release. It is nice that they decided to do replaceable screens and the brass bowl insert was pretty necessary. I wonder what they will do about warranties and stuff with all the people who have the beta?

I have no idea about release dates, but it's apparently available for ordering now at a mere $169.00+ for either color. I've heard no complaints about them and their warranty service. That was posted as an FYI, and I updated my post to note that the replacement screens may just be free if you send in the unusable one. All I know is that since I don't own a beta version, I'm totally unconcerned about their beta testers. I'm confident they'll be taken care of. I'm waaay too busy trying to grow decent weed - and not for medicinal purposes.

My biggest issue with the MFLB is that the battery push back sometimes hangs as the fixin's inside dont seem to be perfectly round, and if the battery is rubbing and I'm daydreaming, it can hang and burn up a nice trench of herb. So I usually use the power adapter except when it's on the table next to the bed late night

6. 170 seems like a bit much. I haven't tryed it so I cant say its not worth it, but yeah its probobly not

7. #20847 TweetyNird, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    Sup Vape Club!!
    It's has been a while since I have stopped by!
    I moved to Denver last July as some of you may know, I have been really busy since that time
    This move has changed my life!!
    I was 320lbs on July, 6 2013 and I got down to 190lbs but back up to 216 at the moment because I am hitting the weights at the moment

Cheers!

The Tweety Nird

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

Yeah. My idea of reasonable is $100 or less for smoking hardware. Pretty much have everything I want or need except a food processor, which I'm off to buy now. I want to make some butter out of all my trim I've been saving up, especially since I'm getting pretty sticky leaves off the girls lately.

As for anthing being "Worth it," it kind of depends on the user/buyer. I know that those are manufacturer direct prices, and that they should be lower on eBay or other mail order places, if not now then soon enough, after MF clears out the early adopters. Magic Flight makes decent, elegant little products which do the job, and have that lifetime warranty that covers even stupid shit stoners can do, so this new thing probably works okay, and it was apparently tested by stoners before being released. But like using the MFLB, if you're expecting volcano output, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Note that I have no connection with Magic Flight. I just have some of their products, and like them. I even give MFLB's out as B'day and Festivus gifts

:bongin:

9. I've been looking into the pinnacle pro and the hydro glass tube.. looks really cool. 

10. Yeah I would definitely give it a shot at 100$

Worth it is definitly diffrent for alot of people, I guess what i mean is if I lost my mflb I would buy another, I cant imagine feeling the same with this. Not too familiar but isn't this in the general price range of an enail ?

11. Hey guys, I've got some awesome hash and was wondering if I can vape it in the solo and how I should go about doing that.

12. I'd sandwich it between two layers of herb. Should work well. Prepare to get stoned! :smoke:

13. Cleaned by dbv wand out the other day with isopropyl instead of just scraping. Reclaimed the hash. Was very satisfied with it.

Attached Files:

14. #20854 orbweaver, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    I've had my Arizer EQ for 2 weeks now and I'm more and more happy with it all the time. Vaping has a learning curve. It took me a while to really get the hang of it, I'm getting better results of it 2 weeks in (after using it every night) than I did the first week. When I first was using it, I found that the results weren't as long-lasting as when I smoke it. Happy to report that this isn't as much of an issue, it depends upon *how* I use it (and to some extent, which weed I use). If I'm doing quick symptomatic relief, then a little hit of my high-CBD stuff will do the job - about two puffs. If I want to knock myself on my butt for some reason or another, then I vape a whole elbow bowl or two of the knock-me-on-the-butt stuff, vape it brown, and aim for thick clouds.

It is definitely a different feeling from smoking, though. To be honest, sometimes I still like to smoke here and there (a few times a week). And I prefer smoking if I'm taking it socially.

Absolutely no idea.   :confused_2:<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"> </span></span>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"> :bongin:<span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"><span style="font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"> </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411625305.717572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Hey guys, My MFLB has been sitting in my closet for a few months now and it is starting to collect some dust. I want to start using it again but I don't really like the power style of it.. It may be my technique or something but I can't seem to get an even vape that lasts more than a few hits with it. My batteries have gone to shit but I have backups. I am thinking about getting the power adapter to help deliver a more efficient vape and battery life. Anyone use the power adapter?

18. The power adapter is awesome! Really improved my experience with the MFLB, I highly recommend it. Along with it, you should purchase a new set of batteries (make sure they've got the glyph) that you use exclusively for out and about vaping. Make sure you're taking good care of your batteries too!

19. I use the MFLB power adaptor and it definitely improves the flight box experience. I also use the bong adaptor as well as the concentrate trays. You really need the PA to get the best experience with the trays in use. Also, the PA comes in handy when you need to degunk the screen. You can burn off much of the crap without running down batteries.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Grasscity Forum mobile app