--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. So I've had my vaporizer (Arizer Extreme Q) for a week as of tomorrow... I am getting better and better at using it. Loving it! I still use the ol' bong when I'm smoking socially, but the vape gives me the convenience I need for my medical use. I keep it in my bathroom. It heats up fast (which is no big deal, I just have it heating while I'm brushing my teeth or doing other routine stuff in there).

I'm getting more out of it all the time. It's awesome. For medical purposes I can titrate the dose really really easily (I hit it 2x a day during the day but can control what I'm getting and get some precision relief by just using a tiny bit at a time) with the end result that I'm getting the relief I need while being able to walk around and go about my day - which amounts to a pinch of weed (no idea what this is in grams, sorry) and two hits of my daytime CBD-dominant strain. I've never been able to titrate my dose this easily before. And of course when it's nighttime and I want a good night's sleep or just to chill it, I take a bit more (like, filling the elbow bowl halfway, and taking 4-5 good hits). Loving it and so far the EQ just gives me so many options, I've hit the whip directly and also run it through a bong, but I haven't tried the bag yet. I'll get back to you on that, I'm kind of intimidated, lol. 

2. After trying bags, most people that get the EQ end up just using it in whip mode.

3. ✔

Attached Files:

4. #20804 Kushmonsterr, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    I never really talk about my box vape that much because it isn't one of the big brands. But it works amazingly for my needs, and i love it.

I do not smoke, period.
    Edit; app crashed b4 I was done

I have a few times in the past but with my medical history, it makes me sick as a dog.

I would like to know what the glass adapter is called to hook up my whip attachment to a bong?

Like:
    [ box ]---whip----- |bong|

I went to my local headshop & tried explaining this to the girl but she had no idea wtf I was talking about.

5. You can find adapters for whips on aqualabtech and ioffer plus probably a lot more websites those are just the two places I have looked.

What is even the point of a bag? To pass it around or something? 

7. ive heard ppl say bags are more smooth vapor than whips; but ive never used one so I dunno for sure

8. #20808 gsr, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Basically. There is a very small percentage of people that actually prefer it because you have a bunch of smoke available thats easier to clear than a bong, but most people use it to pass it around cuz its idiot proof. A bag requires no technique, and can be replaced easily if it breaks, unlike a vape or bong.

If youre alone, whip or vaporbonging > bag

Bag vapes have a higher air to vapor ratio than whips or direct draw which could make it seem that it's more smooth to some people.

10. Bags arnt all that bad but the EQ is definitely the worst of the three I have tried.

Yup.   If I wanted to go bags, I'd either go with the Volcano, the HerbalAire or the Herbalizer.

12. I am bringing an action against Ploom. I purchased a PAX on eBay and Ploom will not answer my support requests. Instead they said I need to show my device is not a counterfeit. My device matched the comparison photos proving my device was authentic. Ploom still claimed counterfeiting, so off to court we go. Ploom, like other mfrs. has a 'grey market' problem. Ploom wants to control the retail price through a list of 'authorized resellers'. This is, as I read the cases, likely against California law that says a mfr. may have an MSRP [Mfr. suggested retail price]. A mfr. may not have an MRRP. [Mfr. required retail price]. I had a similar problem with a bicycle I bought at Walmart. The mfr. refused the warranty because I did not buy from an 'authorized vendor' If you have had a warranty or support rejected because you bought it on eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, etc., please message me.~Tom

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. How do I connect my PAX vaporizer to a water pipe?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Does California law protect you if you bought it on-line from a retailer who does not reside in California?

15. That is unclear, but probably if you are a California resident. State courts are divided on the issue. Some states will allow a mfr. to refuse service if the device was not purchased from an 'authorized retailer'. I am sure the US Supreme Court will weigh in on this in the future, as states take exception to each other. The 'grey market' is one of legitimate product that has fallen out of the mfrs. supply control system. This 'fallout' is the bane off mfrs. and they will go to lies, intimidation, denial etc. to make 'grey market' buyers and potential buyers uncomfortable. As Ploom has not backed down, yet, I am thinking I am the first to take them to court. I need to hear from others who have been 'backed off' by mfr.s unsupported claims.

16. Lol yet another person who didnt read Plooms warranty page before buying.

17. #20817 Kushmonsterr, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    it is beyond me why people do not read manufacturer fine print anymore. Are we all that fucking lazy? Ploom is VERY specific here in their warranty. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410820630.981428.jpg

"Warranty applies to original end-user purchaser only and is non-transferable.

Warranty does not apply should you purchase through a 3rd party reseller such as eBay and Craigslist.

Ploom warranties only apply to devices purchased at any authorized retailer serviced by an authorized Ploom distributor."

It seems pretty black & white to me. Those are the conditions of the warranty & you violated it.

Edits: bbcode in the app sux

18. Even PAX has not charged me with this. Why? Because it is probably non-enforcable in California. I also believe there are 'shills' on these sites trying to stop 'grey market' purchasing. I am well aware of commentators herer advising paying the full MSRP at shops and dispensaries. Prove to our community that you are not a shill, Kushmonster. Research this yourself and come back with your findings.

quote name="Kushmonsterr" post="20618550" timestamp="1410820771"]it is beyond me why people do not read manufacturer fine print anymore. Are we all that fucking lazy? Ploom is VERY specific here in their warranty. [​IMG]ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410820630.981428.jpg

Warranty does not apply should you purchase through a 3rd party reseller such as eBay and Craigslist.

Ploom warranties only apply to devices purchased at any authorized retailer serviced by an authorized Ploom distributor."

It seems pretty black & white to me. Those are the conditions of the warranty & you violated it.

Edits: bbcode in the app sux[/quote]

19. Any of you out there that were denied a warranty because of your purchase from an independent vendor.? Let me hear from you. This is like a car wash sign saying they are not responsible for dents or damage. WELL I HAVE NEWS! They do have liability.

20. The profanity suggests you are not Perry Mason and don't even want to win a contentious point with reason and care. nuote name="Kushmonsterr" post="20618550" timestamp="1410820771"]it is beyond me why people do not read manufacturer fine print anymore. Are we all that fucking lazy? Ploom is VERY specific here in their warranty. [​IMG]ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410820630.981428.jpg

Edits: bbcode in the app sux[/quote]