--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Yay! Woke up to my gf's Solo sitting on my front porch, I can't wait to give it to her and help her break it in! :yay:

Its always fun when new vapes come in the mail :) I remember when my Hammer arrived 2 weeks ago. I think I'm still coming down from the New Vape Syndrome.

3. Has anyone ever experimented with adding other herbs to your main stuff when vaping? I started playing around with adding a pinch of different teas (the David's Tea type stuff). I'm not a super big fan of the vapor taste and I find it changes things up a bit. I still get that piney taste at first but it disappears about 3-4 puffs in. I am using the Extreme Q btw.

I also haven't been able to get a good answer when it comes to how long to vape a bowl with the EQ. I usually fill it to the black insulated part of the bowl or slightly above. I am getting vapor for a long time but I don't know if I'm going too long and I'm not getting any higher after awhile or if I'm stopping early and losing too much good stuff. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Thats too much herb. Try packing the small elbow screen. That's about .2 and should give you 10-20 hits depending on temp.

As for other herbs, I've done mint and blue lotus. Mint adds a great flavor for the first 2 hits but us gone quickly because it needs a lower temp than bud. Blue lotus isn't very flavorful but is relaxing.

5. Solo users - how do you stop the bud from being inhaled? Would a pipe screen be okay or would that mess up the heating?

6. Definitely get screens meant for the solo. The ones I get from my lhs are fine mesh, never gets any material through, and they last forever with a quick torch every now and then.

Pipe screens work... But they're a pita to get the screen the right size, and if you pull too hard you get some fine material through.

Attached Files:

7. I need a cheap e-Thing for occasional use out of the house. I really don't like taking out the DaVinci or even my MFLB to bigger events, like concerts. I figure a pen type battery would last longer than either of my other two portables. I made a batch of eJuice recently and it was killer!

Ended up going with the Vision II VV 1600MaH with the GS-H2 tip for starters. Looking forward to that dropping in a couple of weeks.

View attachment 1536169

8. Ive gone to about 10 concerts amd events within the last year, ranging from a $20 local hip hop concert to a $380 3 day edm festival (ultra).. and i can honestly say that you can use your davinci EASILY while in the crowd.

That's you, @gsr. And what does show price have to do with anything? You want to play that, I've got 4 tix for McCartney in October that went for over 1K, and hopefully I shouldn't have to endure a note of hip-hop.

As I mentioned, I no longer care to drag my toys out to public events. It's not an issue of "Ease of use." Yeah, there's a certain amount of cred associated with whipping out a DaVinci or an Ascent, but not enough for me to want to risk losing or damaging one. If anything, besides not wanting to be using a higher-end portable vape at a show, a DaVinci hasn't got enough staying power for a 2+ hour concert, especially if I'm being sociable and passing it around a bit, since so many want to try it out. I've used both my portable vapes at many shows and theaters, and feel it's time for a more compact, longer lasting device. Just MHO.

10. #20730 gsr, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
    Well... i was just trying to say i have experience with concerts and ive never encountered issues to help ease your mind on the subject, but instead you want to insult the genre i make music for?

My bad for doing what a forum is meant to do by giving you my opinion. I only mentioned price to give you an idea of the range of security ive worked with. W.e insecurity you have that made you misconstrue my intents into "he wants a pissing contest" is on you.

11. #20731 JerryInDFW, Aug 21, 2014

I wasn't sure what your intention was. Obviously you assumed I've never actually taken my toys to a show before. I wasn't looking for any reassurance or peace of mind, and was putting forth my reasoning for getting a pen. The fact that I cordially despise hip-hop is just coincidental. And just for the record, you're the one that threw concert dollar figures in the mix, and I don't know WHAT the fuck that was supposed to mean. And I'm perfectly entitled to NOT want to hear any hip hop, and SAY that I don't want to hear it. Freedom of speech isn't abolished quite yet. I'm sure there are some genres you don't care to hear as well. Any insult perceived is yours alone.

12. #20732 ICGreen, Aug 21, 2014
    My that escalated quickly. You'd think two folks that have read the guidelines, could make their point of view without degrading to insults and name calling.

Let me assist you through the magic of editing.

It happens. Oh well. Some folks are touchier than others. Some perceive comments about one thing or another as insulting, where all that was expressed was an opinion. I will not be checked by someone just because I disagree with their taste in music.

Edit or delete whatever you like. As if anything expressed in this or any other GC thread matters any more than a fart in a tornado.

14. #20734 lwien, Aug 21, 2014

Hey, I fart in tornado's all time.   I like wrapping myself in my own essence.  :metal:

I also piss on volcano's but that's a whole other story.  

Perhaps in the big scheme of things it is very much irrelevant, however as a member of this fine City, a little decorum is in order.

We don't need to allow ourselves to over react to realitively minor statements. Maintain self control and be the better Blade, after all, as you stated, "it really doesn't matter". :smoke:

16. #20736 JerryInDFW, Aug 21, 2014

Well, hell! I've been doing it wrong all this time! I've been facing upwind, and missing out on all that miasma! :confused:

But seriously, we had as slew of twisters pass through here 2-3 years ago, and they blasted through a truck stop on I-20 about 8 miles away. Loaded semi's were tossed around like toys. You might have seen the video taken from a helicopter on TV. It was on everywhere. I had texts from friends all over the world about it.

:bongin:<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"> </span></span>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">We really need a vape emoticon!</span></span>

17. On a lighter note I got a new underdog coming in the mail. Last one had the heating element fail on it but like always Dave provided wonderful customer service and just decided to replace the whole unit even though the element was all that went bad.

18. I was able to find a 2 piece whip that has two screens. You just load it up and screw it together. Works way better than trying to fit a screen in the glass, at least for me anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #20739 Black.Hippy, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    What up everyone, still pretty new to vaping here. Just picked up my Extreme Q after having a MFLB and so far I'm loving it. I did a lot of research before I picked up the EQ and during that time saw a lot of different prices. Just wondering how much people paid for theirs/how long ago.

Got mine for $200 Canadian last week.

20. I think the EQ and the Solo are about the same price range.. I only paid $169 for my Solo but typical price is around $225.