Weed+training

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TheRealPurp, Jun 22, 2009.

1. hey GC im just here to ask if there are any jui-jistu or muay-thai or jst mma fighters here.im starting to train to be a fighter and iw as wondering if there were any of them tht still smoked.i hope i dont have to stop for 2 years =[

2. my friend does ju jitsu and smokes weed
    i dont think it would have much of an effect unless u smoked blunts of indica strains before you trained

3. My mate does muay thai he smoked until his first fight, and just couldent keep up its not a good idea

4. yeah i kinda figured it wouldnt be good.im training mma so thts a lot of work with ur lungs n shit

5. I don't do muay tai or ju jitsu or anything like that but i'm the co-captain of my my schools wrestling team. And it's not a little school either, 2000+ students.

But what i've learned is to stay away from blunts and joints.
    They're the least healthy of all the smoking methods.
    Vaporizers are the best, next is bongs, pipes, etc.

If your having trouble with your endurance, just cut back a little.
    Or maybe quit altogether a few weeks before a match.

6. yeah i dont like ever smoke joints or blunts.mostly my pipe occasionally a bong

7. but i might have to stop cuz as u know muay thai and jiu jitsu take wayy more energy and endurance than wrestling.

8. i am a MMA fighter and i smoke everyday having pratcice about 3-5days outa the week not including open mat. i actually have my first match in a couple weeks! i never blaze before practice but save it for after becasue the workout really relaxes teh high too.

9. nice dude.hope tht match goes well!!yeah i might just end up not smoking at all for the first couple practices and see how it goes.i definetely will not ever smoke b4 training.thts just asking to get fucked.

10. yeah practicing high would be a major buzz kill.

but weed is great for those after practice bumps and bruises.

11. haha my thoughts exactly

12. I love to spar when I'm blazed, it's my favourite thing in the world. Running, skipping, drills, HIIT, weights, and conditioning are all good too, but after a while it really starts to kick you in the lungs.

13. yeah i cant run after i smoke.it just hurts to do tht.so i imagine tht being kicked punched and kneed would hurt pretty bad

14. like everyones said just dont smoke blunts or joints. It really doesnt affect you though. Weed has actually helped with my asthma when doing sports.
    check this video out at about 2:30
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLSyOMiYd4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLSyOMiYd4[/ame]

15. hey thanks for the vid.very cool!

16. best video ever.
    i make awesome grades and i'm a good athlete who loves pot, that video sums me right up.

maybe even a rep+ for sharing.
    thanks.

17. yeah dude.i work out most of the week.get good grades n shit.im not fucking lazy at all.

18. yeah it pisses me off they people think all of us are lazy idiots.

i've changed a lot minds about weed because i'm the smartest guy all of my friends know. Teachers love me, my friends parents love me ( they all think i'm a good influence on their kids, :smoking: lol.), it all works out great because no one is ever suspicious of me.

19. yea no problem man. Ive done some research about the whole training and smoking weed and ive really come to the conclusion that as long as you dont inhale an excessive amount of smoke like you do when smoking blunts and joints, then you should be straight. Any smoke, even one coming from a burning building will do you harm. a couple hits off a pipe shouldn't do you damage but a good investment that you should look into even if your not training is the vapor genie. A lot of people enjoy working out and smoking weed and some people just cant do so it depends on how you feel.

20. weed is the best and this video is good,thanks man for puting it up:hello: