Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

i need help with pollen press

• Please log in to reply

Rocklax

Rocklax

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i am looking to buy a pollen press from the local smoke shop to make sum hash from my kief, do u have any tips on how to use the press? do i have to heat it or warm it during the process?

Similar Topics: i need help with pollen press     x

Shorty515

Shorty515

• Registered Upgraded
  • 365 posts
i was gunna do the same thing but then i had heard of another method . . . this is what i did. this is just an excerpt from another thread i found through google when i was looking to do this.

"Here's an addendum for making hash.

How to make HASH from the keif

1. First, take all the keif and put it into some form of cellophone plastic envelope, something around the size and width of a small cel-phone. A cigarette package cover should do it. Reach in and push it all down into the bottom with your finger, then fold the top part over, sealing if off. Try and do it fairly tight. Tape it shut.

2. Wrap it very tight in newspaper, having enough paper to at least double layer it when folding it over. Then tape it shut.

3. Preheat an oven to 175c.

4. Wet the package with hot water and put it into the oven, leaving it there for 10 minutes. The wet paper will stop it from burning. The resin will soften and make the pressing easier.

5. Using some type of roller, roll, and roll, and roll, rolling the package as flat as you can with a lot of pressure. Start lightly then slowly increase pressure as you roll, and roll, and roll.

*** OPTIONAL: You could rewet the package, reheat, and reroll again if you wanted to. It is quite commonly done.

6. Cool it down in the fridge. Open up and enjoy. :-)"

i put the package in the oven twice, and my shit came out sooo fucking dank. gets me real high lol. I definitely reccomend this, AND its free.

TheRealPurp

TheRealPurp

Dat Gringo.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,419 posts
^^ ummm thts so much more complicated.why wouldnt u just get a press

Mond

Mond

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have no idea if I use my pollen press correctly, but it seems to work.

I just scoop all of the kief into it with one end screwed on, then I tighten the other end until it feels firm, not too loose but not as tight as it can go, and then just let it sit for a few hours or a day, or 2 weeks until I remember that its there.

Then it just pops out into a nice little disc that I can crumble into a bowl or whatever, I do not heat it at all.

Shorty515

Shorty515

• Registered Upgraded
  • 365 posts

^^ ummm thts so much more complicated.why wouldnt u just get a press

because its free and as long as you do it when youre blazed its mad easy and fun. You smoke and do a little work and at the end you get a good piece of hash that is fucking delicious

Bonkers420

Bonkers420

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 681 posts
ok heres what you do: cut 2 circles of wax paper the size of the black pins that

you press the kief with. Next put one of the pieces into the press and onto

one of the pins. Now, pour the kief into the press. ( you want to have at the

very least .5 worth of kieff) Now put the other piece of wax paper to the other

pin and screw the kief inbetween the 2 pieces of wax paper. The reason I do

this is so that the kief comes right off the wax paper easily. Now I screw it as

hard as I can and wait about 5 hours minimum ( a day is best). Then I get a

blow dryer and heat the press for about 30 sec - one minute. I unscrew and

if the kief is a slightly brownish color it has become hash. Now I take it off

off the wax paper and enjoy!

Johnisriot

Johnisriot

zombie.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,213 posts
Posted Image

For large amounts of kief, I sawed two boards about 4" both ways, place the baggy of kief, tighten, let it sit for a day or two. Wadaboom, wadabang.

Rocklax

Rocklax

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
im going to buy a pollen press but right now all im doing is placing the kief in between waxed paper and heating a knife and pressing, then folding it over and repeating . the only thing is it makes really thin pieces. does the press make thicker pieces?

Mond

Mond

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

... Now put the other piece of wax paper to the other

pin and screw the kief inbetween the 2 pieces of wax paper. The reason I do

this is so that the kief comes right off the wax paper easily. Now I screw it as

hard as I can and wait about 5 hours minimum ( a day is best)...

I used to do it this way (minus the hair dryer, I might try that next time and see how it goes), but I found that if I didn't screw them in quite as tight then it wouldn't stick.

hpidriver

hpidriver

floatin on the layer cake

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,961 posts
How much kief do you have? For small amounts/tablets check the pictorial in my sig.

Rocklax

Rocklax

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
imusing about a half ounce of sifted bud so?

col50

col50

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I have no idea if I use my pollen press correctly, but it seems to work.

I just scoop all of the kief into it with one end screwed on, then I tighten the other end until it feels firm, not too loose but not as tight as it can go, and then just let it sit for a few hours or a day, or 2 weeks until I remember that its there.

Then it just pops out into a nice little disc that I can crumble into a bowl or whatever, I do not heat it at all.

I usually tighten it as tight as it can go and I don't wait very long

VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead

Peace Sells?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 643 posts

Posted Image

For large amounts of kief, I sawed two boards about 4" both ways, place the baggy of kief, tighten, let it sit for a day or two. Wadaboom, wadabang.

.....dude..........holy shit i might try that before buying a press lol good idea

Benocide

Benocide

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i find that cleaning your pollen press with alcohol right before putting in the kief really to keep it from sticking to the press.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users