Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Use Has Drastically Helped My Eczema!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Cathedral, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Eczema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Eczema is a disease in a form of dermatitis, or inflammation of the epidermis. The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding."

Ever since I was a child, I have suffered mild eczema on my arms, legs, and occasionally face. Although I have grown out of it for the most part, I still have some during the summer months.

That was until I started using marijuana daily.

Since then, my eczema has been completely gone. That is to say, no more redness or itchiness. :) This makes me feel much more confident in wearing shorts and short-sleeved shirts during summer.

Also I would like to say I have tried tons and tons of creams, medicines, and other treatments. They have been mostly unsuccessful.

Anyone else here have eczema or any other skin condition that has been successfully treated by marijuana use?

2. This might explain it ....

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency
    http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/clinical.pdf

If your endocannabinoids are low, it leaves you open to all sorts of troubles.

And these are all sort of related.....various skin condition studies

Efficacy of dietary hempseed oil in patients with atopic dermatitis. (may need free registration)
    http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/16019622?queryText=hempseed

Role seen for cannabis in helping to alleviate allergic skin disease
    Role seen for cannabis in helping to alleviate allergic skin disease

Cream with endocannabinoids effective in the treatment of pruritus
    BBSNews: Science: Cream with endocannabinoids effective in the treatment of pruritus due to kidney disease

Topical cannabinoid agonists : An effective new possibility for treating chronic pruritus.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Marijuana Might Help Cure Allergic Contact Dermatitis (a.k.a. Poison Ivy)
    Skin Cancer - Marijuana Might Help Cure Allergic Contact Dermatitis (a.k.a. Poison Ivy)

Substances Similar To The Body's Own 'Cannabis (Marijuana) Are Necessary For Healthy Skin And May Lead To New Skin Disease Treatments
    Substances Similar To The Body's Own 'Cannabis (Marijuana) Are Necessary For Healthy Skin And May Lead To New Skin Disease Treatments

I use hemp seed oil from the health food store as my only cosmetic (unless it's a special occasion). Most folks say I look quite a bit younger tan my 61 years. I just rub in a few drops every night.

And I have read of folks having similar results with their skin conditions when they started toking. Try running a net search on "cannabalm" or "Holy anointing oil" for recipes on how to make an ointment that might be even better for your skin!

Even just making plain a old canna-oil might work. There are usually umpteen recipies for canna-oil on most MJ sites- run a search. I'd use a good oil- olive, sesame, almond or even hemp seed oil- all have been used in cosmetics historically.

Long, low and slow is better than short, hot and fast when it comes to working with herbs. So take your time making it and your oil should never get anywhere near frying hot! Be sure your herbs are bone dry, or mold can happen.

And if the topical treatment doesn't work any better than smoking on your eczema, you can always make brownies with the canna-oil! Ya can't lose! :D

Granny :wave:

3. yessss i have eczema but i dont ahve a card for well reasons i cant say.

eczema is some nasty shit and i hate it. mine spurs up whenever my skins in dry weather or not moisturized enough. i USED to smoke marijuana and it never swelled up again then i got got by the parents and now it spurts up from time to time.

im glad i kno someone now who is going through relatively same shit i might have to do

congrats on getting the right medication :D

4. Honestly now that I think about it... I have had nearly 0 troubles with mine since I started toking o_O

5. Wow, didn't know there were so many studies done with marijuana and skin conditions

A kid at an old summer camp i went to had it kinda severely (or at least i thought it was), dam i pitied him, looked pretty painful and irritating, glad you've cured it with the miracle herb and hope he's done the same! :D

6. Wow, thanks!

Its just crazy to think that marijuana is the only thing that works. It really is great!

7. My wife has bad Eczema but she doesn't like smoking (She is okay with the vaporizer but doesn't like the mental effects, too similar to the impairments of alcohol for her (which she doesn't care for either).

I was wondering would topical hemp oil cream from a health food store do the trick for her? Or would i need to make a cream from real buds or shake?

8. Many people report being able to use the Rick Simpson hemp oil without getting high-its kind of complex to make but if it works it will be worth the trouble.
    Phoenix Tears - Promoting Hemp Oil as a natural healing agent...

9. [​IMG]

i have eczema and have been using this product, all i can tell you is, its the best lotion i have used to DATE. Hemp seed oil does wonders on dry skin.

10. Hmm, I have Psoriasis, which is a skin disease similar to Eczema. I have deffinitely noticed that smoking cannabis has drastically improved my condition. Cannabinoids have anti-inflammatory properties which have proved quite effective in treatment of skin conditions like this.

Do you have a medical card for your eczema? Just curious because I've been doing some research on whether it would be possible for myself to get a medical card for my Psoriasis.

11. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it helps my Eczema too!

I think medical dispensaries are going to start popping up around here, does anyone know if they typically sell cannabis lotion at them?

12. Nicer ones might, next time I am in Dana Point I will check out the Dana Point Safe Harbor collective (I think is name) They have hotsauce, honey, and other letters of food other than H!

13. I have an acute form of eczema on my hands, I also get it on my feet. It's funny because the hand eczema broke out just after I stopped smoking weed all together for the first time a long time ago, but it hasn't ever come back during the times I'm smoking, only when I'm not smoking.

14. I was pleasantly surprised that the salve I tried recently helped my eczema. The prescriptions I get from my dermatologist are super expensive so I wasn't expecting much for the price, but I saw a difference within a week. Oddly, it eased some of the itching on my mosquito bites too. Has anybody come across any research on bug bites and treatment of bites with marijuana-based products?
    This is what I found that worked for me: apothecanna. medicated skin care.

15. #18 gottalovebudda, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    I have noticed a correlation between cannabis and my eczema for a while now. One day about a year ago i had my first real breakout and it was all over my body. I went to the doctor and found out it was a mix between eczema and a staff infection. The doctor put me on prednisone, loratadine (alergy meds) , skin antibiotics, and gave me both triamcinolone (potent) and clobetasol (very potent) anti-inflammatory creams.

-take prednisone for more than a month and you become physically addicted and have serious withdraw symptoms. It also effects your mood and makes you angry and agitated because it is a steroid. Taking to drug also make you very hungry and can make your face look reddish and swollen. Last but no least if you take prednisone for an extended period of time it literally destroys your immune system. The only good thing about prednisone is that it actually works but is only worth the side effects if your having a terrible break out.

-as for loratadine. I find that it does help me not be so itchy and is the only one with no noticeable side effects.

-the skin antibiotics are pretty much useless. I am supposed to take 2 100 mg capsules of minocycline per day but have not been able to do so because it gives me terrible stomach aces that I can notice only 24-48 hours from taking the pills. They also make you sensitive to the sun and give you diarrhea.

-triamcinolone and clobetasol are very effective but once again have side effects. They have been linked to severely increase your chance of acquiring skin cancer, can lead to HPA suppression from more than 2 weeks of persistent usage, and as soon as the creams are not being used anymore eczema comes back with the force of 1000 suns.

what really makes eczema a crappy disorder to have is the fact that it is a chronic illness, meaning it never really goes away and will re-appear.

FINALLY after suffering from outbreaks for the past couple years I have been able to get it under control and have found the perfect balance for my eczema. Smoking pot really does help me and I have it well documented. Ive been doing all kinds of control/ variable tests with my cannabis use and seeing how my eczema reacts. I have quit cold turkey and have tapered off cannabis 8 or 9 times and every single time 2 days after I quit I notice it gets worse. When I start smoking again it takes about a day until I notice it starting to clear up. Throughout all the testing the only other type of treatment I used was the loratadine pills and I have been taking the same 15mg on a daily basis for over a year now. The amount of time that stopped using cannabis has differed from 4 or 5 days to over a month.
    As of right now I have been smoking everyday for about 2 months and feel great. My skin has not been any clearer for a long time and I have been able to control my eczema with only cannabis, loratadine, and triamcinolone once a week or less! :hello::hello::hello:

16. Anyone know if its possible to get a medical marijuana card for severe eczema?

17. In California, in most cases, if you can provide medical records to prove you have a condition, can get you a rec! :hello:

Check WildWill's "Do I Qualify" sticky for what is OK in other MMJ states.