Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Home drug test vs. lab test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by e31016, Jun 16, 2009.

1. So the last time I smoked was 8 days ago. I took several different home tests friday night/saturday (3 days ago) and they were all negative. I have a drug test for a job on thursday (2 days) and I was just wondering, are the home tests pretty good gauges of lab test results, or do I need to be worried about this?

2. I failed a lab test a month after smoking, but I was a heavy smoker. It all depends on how often you smoke, how much you exercise, if you are fat or not, etc. It is different for everyone.

3. I'm wondering the same thing.

I took a home test last Thursday, negative. I took the lab test on Friday. I took another home test later that day (different brand). Also negative.
    I know the results tomorrow. I heard that EMIT tests are pretty much the same thing as dip sticks in the pharmacies but I dunno man...there were some professional machines in that lab. D:

4. Not to derail the thread, but where do you pick up the home DT's? I've never really wandered around a pharmacy looking for them, but is that where I would go?

5. Pretty much any grocery store pharmacy has them.

6. CVS; those type of stores carry them and I think they're around $20 but don't quote me on it.

7. I found that in stores like Target, CVS, and Rite-Aid, they are always right next to the actual pharmacy pick up windows in the back. Look around in that area for "test kits", like cholesterol and such. You'll find ones for drugs under brands like FirstCheck and atHome. They're usually like $12.

Or you can buy them for hella cheap on the internet.

8. I checked the prices online earlier and the one at target was like $23

Btw it all depends on the drug test. If they send it to a lab it will be a load more precise than a 23 dollar home test. Ya know? Also depends if its piss/fingernail/hair/saliva

9. takin a test at a rehab center this saturday... at the test day I'll be clean for 8 days.

I excercise more now, eat yogurts and green tea extract pills to boost my metabolism... and drink a lot of fluids.

smoke a bowl for me guys...

:( if I fail it I'll have to attend meetings with a psychologist and my mom :O

at least the whole summer till I move out :D
    or if I test positive twice I'm staying home while my fresh year in college

10. Thanks for the replies so far, guys. Yeah i forgot to specify that it's a piss test.

11. Diet and exercise is the best way to clean your system. If you have a slow metabolism or are packing on a few extra pounds you can take Niacin (at GNC) to throw it into overdrive, but be careful with it; it's pretty powerful stuff. There are many great drug test write ups in the forum - do a search and you'll find everything you need in order to pass the test.