Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Smell of weed

• Please log in to reply

Agalloch

Agalloch

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,068 posts
Anyone love it when they get a bag o' ganj and it's so damned potent smelling that your dealer tries to hide it by double or even triple bagging it? Last few pickups have been nothing but that great skunky smelling weed. I have it in a drawer next to me in my desk. It's in my 'toolbox', and I can still smell that shit! It's tempting me to smoke, but it's kind early for me. I'm not one to wake and bake since I am usually tired as fuck in the mornings.

Anyway who else loves that skunky smell of weed? :smoking:

Similar Topics: Smell of weed     x

ganjaMan42o

ganjaMan42o

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 360 posts
Yes i kno what u mean. When i get white rhyno and white widow from this grower he keeps it in jars and the smell still leaks through some how lol......yes the sweet sweet smell of ganja. I would tape a nug to my nose all day if i could..:P

HardToker(:

HardToker(:

Born in a Nebula

• Registered Upgraded
  • 939 posts
I love the smell of it (: had some northern lights the other week n that shit stank my room out. I know what you mean tempts you to smoke lol!

Agalloch

Agalloch

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,068 posts
Fuck it I think I'm going to smoke a bowl lol.

Bfitz99

Bfitz99

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 999 posts
lol last nite i was at my friends house and his parents were upstairs in bed but not asleep...they dont care if we smoke there so whatever lol. so were downstairs and me and my buddy just both bought an 8th of catpiss (idk...great weed)...he starts to pack a bowl and like 2 minutes later this kids dad comes down and says that he can smell the weed from his room upstairs, just from the smell of the weed...not from being burned at all...just dankness lol

Hilikus

Hilikus

2 x 2 x 2

• Bronze Member
  • 3,306 posts

Edited by Hilikus, 11 June 2009 - 04:10 PM.

Glass Jar

Glass Jar

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
You guys gotta get some kind of airtight container.

Plastic baggies leak through smell really easily, get some tupperware. The stinkiest weed I've ever had still hasn't leaked through OG tupperware :D

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
Skunky, fruity, spicy, sweet, solvent, musky, earthy. It comes in so many aromas. If you grow your own you get the added bonus of smelling the complex combinations of smells from multiple strains as they grow, plus the slow evolution of their aromas as they cure over the weeks once dried.

Glass Jar

Glass Jar

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,444 posts

Skunky, fruity, spicy, sweet, solvent, musky, earthy. It comes in so many aromas. If you grow your own you get the added bonus of smelling the complex combinations of smells from multiple strains as they grow, plus the slow evolution of their aromas as they cure over the weeks once dried.

You ever tried adding fruit smells to bud you grow by adding a small amount of fruit juice to the solution you water your plants with, about a month and a half before harvest for 2 or 3 watering cycles?

This stuff I grew last year I tried doing that with some blueberry juice, and it smelled vaguely of blueberry since I cured it well.

I wasn't able to find an exact science on how to do that well though, I didn't wanna do the spraying on the bud route, that's bullshit and nobody wants to be smoking fruit juice.

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

You ever tried adding fruit smells to bud you grow by adding a small amount of fruit juice to the solution you water your plants with, about a month and a half before harvest for 2 or 3 watering cycles?

This stuff I grew last year I tried doing that with some blueberry juice, and it smelled vaguely of blueberry since I cured it well.

I wasn't able to find an exact science on how to do that well though, I didn't wanna do the spraying on the bud route, that's bullshit and nobody wants to be smoking fruit juice.

I did it once or twice just to experiment but I hate adding anything and never flavor my grows these days. I prefer to let genetics and growing techniques provide the variations in flavor.

Glass Jar

Glass Jar

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,444 posts

I did it once or twice just to experiment but I hate adding anything and never flavor my grows these days. I prefer to let genetics and growing techniques provide the variations in flavor.

How did genetics like the blueberry and other fruit smelling strains develop then? I doubt hemp naturally produced the unique cocktail of chemicals that make the juices in the developed fruits of specific fruits, just by some random evolutionary quirk. :confused:

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

How did genetics like the blueberry and other fruit smelling strains develop then? I doubt hemp naturally produced the unique cocktail of chemicals that make the juices in the developed fruits of specific fruits, just by some random evolutionary quirk. :confused:

There dozens if not hundreds of terpenes in cannabis that govern all sorts of flavors and aromas. Strains like blueberry and lemon skunk, etc., were just lucky finds by breeders via trial and error originally that were then locked down into the genetics via normal breeding.

It's the same with any other plant. Think about how many different kinds of tomatoes there are with subtle differences in color, texture, flavor, etc.

Glass Jar

Glass Jar

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,444 posts

There dozens if not hundreds of terpenes in cannabis that govern all sorts of flavors and aromas. Strains like blueberry and lemon skunk, etc., were just lucky finds by breeders via trial and error originally that were then locked down into the genetics via normal breeding.

It's the same with any other plant. Think about how many different kinds of tomatoes there are with subtle differences in color, texture, flavor, etc.

Yeah, but I haven't come across many tomatoes that smell like blueberries :P

I guess cannabis has more smell variation than other plants just naturally. Are there any other plants that similarly would easily mutate into smelling like other fruits?

KuSH 707

KuSH 707

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,080 posts
every one would like that

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

Yeah, but I haven't come across many tomatoes that smell like blueberries :P

I guess cannabis has more smell variation than other plants just naturally. Are there any other plants that similarly would easily mutate into smelling like other fruits?

Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, are all the same family just different variations. That's just one example. All of the different hot and sweet peppers are the same species. Virtually all of the various different beans you eat (pinto, black, northern, kidney, etc.) are the same species. Bok Choy, the chinese cabbage popular with stir frying, is a type of turnip. The list is endless.

Hops and Cannabis are the only members of Cannabaceae and both show extreme variation of phenotype.

PHX 623

PHX 623

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 205 posts
hahaha you know whats funny is when I'll be driving and I smell a dead skunk i LOVE the smell and everyone else in the truck says its gross lol.

Agalloch

Agalloch

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,068 posts

hahaha you know whats funny is when I'll be driving and I smell a dead skunk i LOVE the smell and everyone else in the truck says its gross lol.

Lol I can relate.

Bakedmagiii

Bakedmagiii

Corpseblender.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,330 posts
Hahah yeah, I love the smell of dead skunk.

But stanky ganj makes my mouth water.

Ktekiwi

Ktekiwi

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
yeah whenever i smell skunk while im driving i think to myself "omg maybe im driving past a pot farm!!"

Miklelottesen

Miklelottesen

Stoned much?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,444 posts
Some like the smell of new car, some the smell of a freshly mowed lawn but there's NOTHING that compares to the smell of dank! The dank I get is usually fruity in its aroma. The regs I get smell skunky, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users