Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Will frost kill a plant?

• Please log in to reply

stckyfngrs

stckyfngrs

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
I planted my plants outside last week and there is a frost warning in my area. All my plants are about 1 foot tall is it possible for them to survive a frost? I am unable to shelter them or do anything to cover since i'm out of town til next week.

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts
A frost certainly CAN kill MJ plants. I hope there is no certainty that it will, but it CAN.

JohnnyWeedSeed

JohnnyWeedSeed

Politically Incorrect

• Bronze Member
  • 10,300 posts

andrew256

andrew256

• Registered Upgraded
  • 524 posts
In 2000, I harvested a 7oz plant on Thanksgiving day. GREAT smoke. Depends though...

Moosehead

Moosehead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 356 posts
This depends on the strain too, some are quite resistant. If your plants are one foot tall they should survive a moderate frost. Spring frosts are scary, frosts in the fall are different. Plants situated so as not to get the early morning sun in the fall will survive a heavy frost. If the air warms up and the plant thaws out before the sun hits it , most strains will be OK. It is when the sun hits frozen plants that fatal damage occurs.

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts

In 2000, I harvested a 7oz plant on Thanksgiving day.

When´s that then ?

andrew256

andrew256

• Registered Upgraded
  • 524 posts
Last Thursday in November.

laxblaster

laxblaster

New Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
My plants were about 8 inches when they got lighly frosted, they are doing great now(15 inches) and looking very green and bushy.

stckyfngrs

stckyfngrs

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
My plants did fine in the frost, hopefully I don't get anymore scares like that!

Attached Thumbnails

• polioprincess.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users