Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

MMJ card in Washington or Oregon - Non Resident

• Please log in to reply

xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 760 posts
If I'm not a resident of Washington or Oregon, can I get a MMJ card from there?
And if so, which state would be best?

I have valid reasons for one (chronic pain.) I can get X-Rays, pics and show physical scars, etc.

Total Questions I have:
1. Do I need to contact my doctor and ask if he recommends it, or can I just give contact info to the MMJ doctor and have him do all that stuff.
2. Which state is better for MMJ?
3. Where specifically do I go when applying for MMJ
4. Where do I purchase the MMJ?

I at least would enjoy questions 1-2 answered, but 3-4 I could probably figure out on my own. ;)

Thanks!!

EDIT:
I have researched a little and I believe I can't get a card unless I am a resident.
Is this by chance true? If so, that blows lol

Edited by xsouthparkx, 07 June 2009 - 07:25 AM.

maximus100389

maximus100389

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 294 posts

xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 760 posts

washington wont give you a card if you arent a resident

Ok, thanks.
Does anyone know about Oregon?
I'm not seeing anything about not being able to do so. I'm guessing it's possible? If I'm wrong let me know lol

maximus100389

maximus100389

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 294 posts

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 20,005 posts
It's not just common sense, it's the truth.

You CANNOT get a recomendation in any state in which you are not a resident. NONE of the 13 MMJ states will allow it.

I honestly cannot believe this question comes up as often as it does.

xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 760 posts

It's not just common sense, it's the truth.

You CANNOT get a recomendation in any state in which you are not a resident. NONE of the 13 MMJ states will allow it.

I honestly cannot believe this question comes up as often as it does.

I believe my question was very valid indeed, and not "common sense" as you people seem to enjoy putting it. If you can get prescription medication out of state, why can't you get a prescription for medical marijuana out of state?
I understand they are both different, due to legality issues and whatnot. But I just don't see how common sense has anything to do with my question. Common sense is common knowledge and medical laws ARE NOT common knowledge. You, very blatantly, are calling me a fool.

"Sitting at his corner cubicle in the temporary Chairmen's Suite before the close of the 2009 legislative session, the soft-spoken Trail described the plight of Moscow residents forced by Idaho law to travel to doctors in Washington, and then risk traveling back across state lines in possession of illegal medicine. Less than 3 ounces is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $1,000. More than 3 ounces is a felony, five years and a fine up to $10,000."

Source:
Is Idaho Ready for Medical Marijuana? | News | Boise Weekly

Please post links of this particular topic that has come up so very often. I don't doubt that this topic has come up before, but I have yet to see one specifically, other than my own.

In your face. :D

Edited by xsouthparkx, 07 June 2009 - 08:38 PM.

maximus100389

maximus100389

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 294 posts

xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 760 posts

you cannot get a "prescription" for marijuana in any state. what you get is doccumentation by a physician saying the benefits of using mmj outweight the risks of using mmj. it only provides an affirmative defense if you are arrested. theres no prescription for mmj.

True.
1. I'm not a doctor
2. I'm not a mmj patient
3. I don't know medical marijuana language/jargon? Look at 1 and 2.

I know there is a difference between doctors prescribing pills vs recommending mmj. I'm done. I don't see any point with this topic being open to any more discussion.

Edited by xsouthparkx, 07 June 2009 - 09:51 PM.

maximus100389

maximus100389

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 294 posts

xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 760 posts

Sorry-I wasnt trying to write in a way that belittles you. There is a lot of misconception of MMJ laws. Especially for WA since they dont actually give you a "card". The whole MMJ law is pretty fucked up. You can still be arrested, but at least you have doctor doccumentation that will get you off...

Oh I didn't realize that about WA though. So I suppose you were right.
My bad :o

salvucci91

salvucci91

• Registered Upgraded
  • 344 posts
????
a new law passed recently, yes?

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 20,005 posts
Yes, Oregon allows non-residents to get a recommendation and use MMJ within the boundaries of their state.

clinton

clinton

OMMP patient & grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 763 posts

If I'm not a resident of Washington or Oregon, can I get a MMJ card from there?
And if so, which state would be best?

I have valid reasons for one (chronic pain.) I can get X-Rays, pics and show physical scars, etc.

Total Questions I have:
1. Do I need to contact my doctor and ask if he recommends it, or can I just give contact info to the MMJ doctor and have him do all that stuff.
2. Which state is better for MMJ?
3. Where specifically do I go when applying for MMJ
4. Where do I purchase the MMJ?

I at least would enjoy questions 1-2 answered, but 3-4 I could probably figure out on my own. ;)

Thanks!!

EDIT:
I have researched a little and I believe I can't get a card unless I am a resident.
Is this by chance true? If so, that blows lol

You can get a card in Oregon if you qualify - the Oregon Supreme Court ruled on this about 3 months back.

1. You can work with a MMJ clinic - they will prequalify based on your medical records. Common ones THCF, Mammas, Alternative Medical Services.

2. Oregon is best MMJ state by far.

3&4 State of Oregon: Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP)

Above is OMMP office. All forms and info found here,

clinton

PS Montana will issue out of state cards also.

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users