Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Most grow friendly towns in CA/OR?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by burnedout, Jun 6, 2009.

1. I know the emerald triangle is very laid back when it comes to local law enforcement of small time grow ops, but it sounds like that area is coming under more and more heat lately. I'm wondering what other counties and more specifically cities in the Northern California /Southern Oregon area that have a tolerant attitude towards medical marijuana and growing in general. Thoughts?

2. As long as you are in compliance with the laws local LEO are not allowed to hassle you. In my state there is a limit on how many plants you can have, can't grow or use mmj in public view, can't drive under the influence, cannot give mj to non card holders, etc. Even if a neighor calls the cops and says you are smoking mj or they think you are growing, all the cops are allowed to do is check with the state to see if you are on the official list of permittees and can ask to see your grow to see if you are in compliance, BUT you do not have to let them in your house unless they have a search warrant. Of course they are duty bound to arrest you if you are not in compliance with the law. Basically if you are following the parameters of the medical mj law no one is even going to know you have any involvement w/ mj. If you intend to grow commercially you will be arrested and sent to jail. They arrest people all the time for that. Unfortunately the law is what it is and the cops are doing their job.

3. Humboldt and Trinity county. Mendocino is getting a little more heat lately because of all the home robberies. These counties are pretty big and their are tons of places to grow without the fear of cops.

I don't know much about growing in southern Oregon though.

4. Humboldt would be heaven to me. I wanna live in a middle state with tons of area's to grow. that would be awesome!

5. I don't plan to grow commercially, I am just looking for somewhere where growing and MMJ in general is "accepted" more so than tolerated. I know legally I could reside anywhere in the state, but I don't want to live somewhere that is anti-mmj, or as calicheese alluded to , can be dangerous due to home robberies and such.

It sounds like Humbolt/Trinity might be the place to be. I don't know much about the area, the farthest north I've ever lived is Sacramento. For anyone who lives in the region, what is the scene like now? Should I stay away from Mendocino completely? Can anyone recommend a nice city in the area that would be a good place to live?

6. well i live in san francisco
    First if you have a cannabis card your good,
    second i know a few people who got caught growing small in hydro like 4 plants
    case was dismissed all he said was that hes trying to get his medical card but needs to wait
    SAN FRANCISCo was made for criminals.