Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Went to Barcelona vs Man U for the International Champions Cup in Santa Clara yesterday..epic!!

Attached Files:

2. #14602 Sunn, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    Went to PSG vs Manchester United at Soldier Field last night. First soccer I've watched in person that wasn't MLS. Could instantly see the difference in individual quality, both going forward and in defense. Before last night the best player I'd ever seen in person was probably.. umm. well I'm not even sure tbh. Last night when we first entered the stadium, there was Wayne rooney, Juan mata, Bastian schweinsteiger, Ibra, Cavani, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, etc all warming up like 100 ft away. Worth the price of admission just to see all the world class players I'd only ever seen on tv thousands of miles away. Both teams started close to their strongest 11.

The game itself was meh. Nobody's heart was in it. But the display of skill and some physicality too was great. I was extremely unimpressed by United. The defense was very sloppy and ended up costing them 2 goals, and the game. And going forward, it never looked likely that they would score. Cant see where the goals in this team are going to come from. That was the issue last year, and all they've done since then is get rid of some strikers and not bring new ones in. Depay was invisible for pretty much the whole game, and he was often drifting around in the midfield for no apparent reason. Rooney is class but he needs good service or he'll never score on his own. Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin looked very strong in midfield, though. Also, De Gea looked very much like a goalie who hasn't played much later. PSG on the other hand looked dangerous everytime they went forward, and as I would expect, they were extremely well organized defensively.

1438274242549.jpg 1438274260371.jpg
    1438274281937.jpg

3. That is awesome!

Just to see Zlaten and Cavani is worthy of price of admission.

Gotta admit, i was bummed when Messi and Neymar wasnt at the game, but getting to see Iniesta and Suarez was awesome. Shoot, even a Rooney header goal and hearing the Man U fans' roar was epic.

4. Got a game today. Scored a nice volley the last game and had some pretty nice assists :)

5. German super cup today, Community shield today! glorified friendlies but footy is back!!! Come on Arsenal!

6. Mourinho was so butthurt today in the post-match interviews.

7. #14607 jduce2412, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    started winning earlier towards the tail end of last season, good to see we are doing it with more regularity when we need to. At the end of the day though this was just a friendly, and the real work starts next week. Definitely think there is room for optimism from gooners this year though, just need the squad to stay fit. Coquelin seems to be continuing his vein of form from last season, although he looks destined to pick up an accumulation ban at some point this season. Theo was pretty anonymous today, don't think he is too effective up top against teams that have the majority of the possession against us. Ox was on point, thinking he will have quite the year. Looking forward to next weekend, COYG.

Also anyone see the belter from Benteke today? Quality strike.

http://streamable.com/lmxz -> Ox goal

http://streamable.com/s1wn -> Christian 'Bargain Buy' Benteke

8. Wilshere injured again...Was between him and Coq for the shirt this year. Going to get a le coq shirt this year. Isn't on too high of a wage, and really admire his passion for the club. Wondering now if Jack will ever reach his full potential...injured in training by a teammate, poor bloke has no luck whatsoever.

9. #14609 columba, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    Another hairline fracture, and the right ankle AGAIN…doesn't sound good!

10. #14610 Dryice, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2015
    If anyone wanna join the stream I mod's fantasy league... fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/145107/join/?autojoin-code=580849-145107 Prizes for top 3.

We'll be streaming Manc v Spuds, Bournemouth and Villa, and the Chel$ki game tomorrow. Sportzhd.tv

11. fackin pumped for tomorrow. even if the arsenal aren't until sunday. come on swans

12. Come on the Chelsea! So glad the season is finally starting, Oh how I've missed you premier league.

13. man u and tottenham very underwhelmin so far 66'

14. Rooting for all the wee teams this weekend. Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich to all get a win! Genuinely think they can all stay up!

15. Or ya know, I guess 2 losses and a draw was close enough haha. Fucks sake,

16. hornets are staying up!

17. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en">“@oliviazao: Football ruins relationships.” Arsenal was here before you and will remain so after you're gone soz
    - ow (@owilliams_) August 8, 2015</blockquote>

18. Petr Cech performing the perfect inside job for Jose haha.

19. They should just remove all the information in Arsenal's entire Wikipedia history and replace it with a link to this match.