Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. You know what I mean haha :smoke: we get charged far too much, glad to see some premier league teams have lowered season ticket prices for next season because of the tv deal. A few teams are moving toward fan ownership in Scotland, and think it's gonna do them a lot of good.
    Agree with you on the German teams. Their teams play good football, tickets are dirt cheap and they have imo the most passionate and committed fans in the world. That's just the German way though - so fucking efficient in every way haha :smoke:

2. So glad that was a draw, hopefully we can win the title at the bridge now.  

3. Woof! Everton were rampant at Goodison Park this afternoon. Man Utd far too pedestrian when going forwards, not once did they get behind the Everton defence. Also, Carrick again was a huge miss. Just look at Man Utd's Premier League stats with him in and out of the side, impressive/worrying depending on how you view it:

Without Carrick: P18 - W6 D6 L6
    With Carrick: P16 - W13 D2 L1

He's the drummer and the bass player when it comes to United.

Arsenal - Chelsea was a fairly predictable match, you just knew Mourinho would strangle it. 

4. Why the fuck does Robbie Savage get any punditry work? The guy is a fucking clown, and he was one of the biggest cheats the sport has seen. Fucking hate the cunt.

5. Totally agree dude. The only pundits I have any time for are G.Neville, Carragher, Pat Nevin and Kilbane has some good analysis occasionally. Sometimes Souness too, always nice when he sticks the boot in. It's all a joke though. You can really tell which pundits have got their coaching badges. Thierry Henry is awful too, spends all his time trying to be cool and have "banter" with Jamie  "Top Top Player" Redknapp and gives the most bland analysis when called upon, total charlatan.

However, saying that, Savage and Henry during the World Cup were the perfect double act, the disdain on Henry's face - for even having to share Brazil, let alone a studio, with Savage - was superb. That occasion when Savage started proclaiming how he used to frustrate Henry's Arsenal by getting stuck in, followed by Henry's deadpan "we managed" looked as if it could be the highlight of the tournament... Until Germany put Brazil back in their box.

6. Damn we're playing like shit lol Again I will say it's sad what has become of Lovren 😳

7. That sounds pretty bad. The American ones don't seem too bad to me.

Why was there a game today?

8. #14248 JetxLife86, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    Dortmund wow....Bayern just couldnt find the net. That hand ball in the box maybe coulda helped..

Game Liverpool missed from the FA Cup semi-final weekend. 

10. Concacaf champions league final tonight. Montreal impact has a chance to make a lot of history for the mls if they can defeat club america

11. This isn't necessarily soccer related, but is anyone else as sick of the NPH Heineken light commercial as I am? When watching football, they play the shit twice on every commercial break and at least once per break on every other channel

12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL1xJTg-pIY

6 beautiful goals. I know it's against Getafe, but still. Barca are on FIRE. SOOO looking forward to this semi vs Bayern. Time for some revenge! Going to be an epic tie, no doubt.

13. Was wondering why I hasn't heard more from you considering the season barca is having

14. Another ridiculous performance by barca. 8-0 and could've been more. Happy to see Suarez get his first hat-trick for them as well! Barca-Bayern game is gonna be a hell of a game

15. Another win for leicester

16. #14256 LittleJacob, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    Lol. Yea, been busy. But I've been loving every minute of it. Couldn't be more pleased with how the team has turned things around since the start of the year. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9XEaz1-do

I can't believe how good Suarez has been, to be honest. I mean, I knew he was great, and that there was mad potential, but I'm honestly surprised that so much is showing so early. He has been huge and clutch for us already. 3 goals and an assist in this game... crazy. His work rate and attitude are consistently top quality. 

Funny how the tables are turned from this Barca-Bayern tie and the last one. Last time, Messi and half the team was fucked with injuries with Bayern was flying. Now it's the opposite lol. We'll see what happens, should be awesome. Going to be very interesting to see Pep back in the Camp Nou... I wonder what kind of reception he'll get and if he'll get emotional at all.

17. The 4th, 5th and 6th against Getafe[​IMG] ...just when you think it can't any better than a 30 yarder from Xavi.

18. #14258 didier12, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    Champiole's Champiole's ole ole ole.   Big congrats to my team for winning the EPL feels good.  

Looking forward to the Arsenal game later, hope they thrash Hull, really want Leicester to stay up.

19. Hopefully we make it competitive next year. What are your thoughts on cuadrado? I see him being a rotation player at best

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. So ready for next season. As a neutral, this one was utterly boring as fuck compared to last season. Boring boring chelsea, lol. But if boring wins titles then be as boring as it takes, imo.

Still interesting at the bottom though, god I hope newcastle manages to get relegated