Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. 6-1, that'll do. Fucking Gibraltarians had us at 1-1 for about 10-15 mins[​IMG]  lol was a bit worrying. We looked susceptible on the counter though to say the least….that'll be our undoing in these qualifiers. Better sides will destroy us on the break if we play three at the back again like tonight. 

Not really sure what result suits us in the Ireland V Poland game…draw maybe.

Welbeck has absolutely nae luck….top scorer in the qualifiers so far, probably your best player last night, and grabbed himself a goal. 

Still everyone says Kane should replace him lol 

3. Yeah Kane is definitely a good winger. Really has that extra bit of pace to beat people on the dribble. Who is the leading goal scorer in European Qualifiers right now?

4. Just your average MOTM performance though...But hey Kane scored against Lithuania!

5. What out of 5 games against poor competition where Harry Kane has not even been given a chance apart from a little cameo last game where he scored after being on for about a minute, the answer to that is Welbeck.  A better question I think though is who has scored more in the premier league this season, Kane is on 19 goals from 26 apps Welbeck is on 4 from 21 apps.

Obviously I'm not saying Kane should play on the wing he should be playing up front can still have Welbeck on the wing if you wish.  But Kane has been by far the best English player this season, so for me he has to make the 11, can't not have your best player in the 11.

6. Thought the same, really thought we should just play our normal system with an extra striker, instead of 3 at the back. Both Robertson and Hutton like to get forward every time, but that leaves little cover if they're 2 of the 3 defenders. Still happy enough with that.
    Think the Ireland-Poland draw suits us as well- if Poland had got 3 points from that, we would have to win pretty much every game (including Germany) to stand a chance of qualifying.
    Did you think the penalty Maloney won was a penalty btw? Gotta say I thought the fletcher one before that WAS a pen, but not maloney's. For me, there's no chance he is actually getting the ball even if the GK doesn't foul him- the touch he takes could be argued 'out of bounds' while the GK is simultaneously fouling him (if that makes sense, I'm high as fuck). Although there was contact, I still don't think that was a pen.

7. Woops I forgot to answer this. But unfortunately he's been largely anonymous so far. It's not really his fault though. The fire's attacking play is just, so so poor and he's just along for the ride. It looks like Maloney is a good player, but he's not a dynamic enough player to create individual goals for this team. It's definitely not clicking yet. But, the fire did grab their first win this weekend, so at least there's that.

8. The problem with manager mode in fifa is that you can't see the results of your changes. You can either sim the game in which case all you get is the scoreline. Or you can play the games, but then your changes are kinda negated and plus fuck playing through season after season to watch players progress. Does football manager address this?

9. #14089 jduce2412, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Yeah Welbeck doesn't have the best scoring record in the premier league this season. Notched a few in the group stages of champions league...The thing is, Arsenal have more than 2 players that can score on our team (Eriksen, Kane)....It seems that if Kane doesn't score, Tottenham generally don't. If Kane continues his form into next season then I will definitely agree he should be in the 11. My question is who are you dropping to put him in?

I'm assuming he will start today

10. He hasn't had a good scoring record in the premier league in any season lol.  That is a good point though in relation to Kane and Eriksen being the only main goalscorers for Spurs, but doesn't really reduce Kane's quality in anyway just shows how good he is i comparison to the rest of the team at putting the ball in the back of the net, but I get your point that Kane is the main target man for spurs whereas Welbeck is not even close at Arsenal.

Well I'm talking about right now and think Kane deserves his spot starting for England, I'd probably drop just about anyone who would be given the striker role before him atm.  Sturridge is still in recovery mode so I'd play him over him atm, I'd drop Rooney back to the number 10 spot to allow him to start (4-4-2 also an option) and I'd play him over Welbeck in the striker role too.  Kane has already done a hell of a service for our u21's I think it's time he was given the chance to do so at senior level.  Speaking of u21's anyone watch the Eng V Germany game last night, was  a cracker.

It's not too fresh in the memory now lol, but I can remember thinking the goalies challenge was a bit unnecessary, he should have just stayed put. Some refs probably would've just waved play on, but I think the ref may have been feeling the pressure to give a decision our way at that point after letting them off quite a few times…I can remember thinking there should have been another penalty, and a foul right on the edge of the area around the time of the pen…one of them must've been the Fletcher one you mention.

On England's upfront dilemma's, I think you lads should line up like this when possible….deadly[​IMG]

Kane​
     ​
    Sterling        Rooney    Welbeck​

12. I'd probs agree Columba think I might have Walcott starting ahead of Welbeck though personally depending on his fitness of course.

13. Forgot about the enigma that is Theo Walcott lol, 90% sure that man is made of glass. 

Class player when fit, and on from though…

14. definitely didn't look too threatening tonight. I saw the England U21 game, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfHwByfQZ64

35 Passes, every single player touches the ball, results in a goal.

15. Not bad, not bad at all…nice wee ball from Jenkinson there, great finish too...

Speaking of great finishes…..Townsend's just smashed one in[​IMG]

16. Football Manager:

[​IMG]

You guys should try it out sometime....

17. I plan to. Nobody answered my question about it though :(. Basically I'm wondering if you just sim the games like in fifa or something or do you actually get to watch them? Because I find it stupid not to be able to watch the games (in fifa) after making a bunch of adjustments. I also don't like not being able to change tactics or pick my own subs during the match. I don't want to assume football manager is different but I hope it is lol

18. After playing in an indoor league for so long I havent played in like 3 months due to injury..The longest ive gone without playing 😪

My imagination is just ready to fucking bust on the pitch haha

Oh you can do all that and more dude…it's seriously addictive though, careful lol

You can choose watching the games in real time, or not at all. Some might watch a few games in real time, to get a feel of how their tactics are going, but most just select to watch the key moments, and to show a replay of the goals. That's what I do anyway.

There's so much tinkering that can be done, I'll spend about 2 hours getting my coaching right hahah…bringing in the right guys and such. Then there's your tactics, which will leave you pulling your hair out. You think you've got it right…then bam, you get beat by a shit team. I haven't played the newest one, FM15, yet though; FM14 is the last one I've played. It seems like every year there's more detail being included, like team instructions and even individual player instructions…which is quite cool I think. 

Here, I've took a few screens from my last save on Fm14 so you can see what it's like. Don't think much has changed in the new one either. I decided to take control of Everton, fancied a bit of a challenge[​IMG]
    Took me at least two seasons to get the team firing right…but after that it was very enjoyable, I was beating everyone…some heavily[​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 10.52.05.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 10.59.37.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 11.00.19.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 11.07.09.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 11.10.58.png Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 11.14.00.png