Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. I should have known they'd only show chelsea on tv. So lame. I get that they're in first place but honestly the last month or two chelsea have been one of the more boring teams to watch, for me. I'd much rather watch liverpool, or even spurs. And you can always count on arsenal for entertainment, one way or the other lol

2. Chelsea isn't on tv here, I think it's the United game  :(  I watch everything on the internet anyways though.

3. Chelsea is a clinic!!!! What a pass by Ramires to Hazard!!!

Im watching the Chelsea game here on comcast 723 NBC Sports Network, and flipping back and forth with BeIN TV to watch the Copa Del Rey Barcelona match!

4. #13784 JetxLife86, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Didnt Arsenal just lose to Monaco 3-1 last week in Champ League?!

Chelsea has dominated the competition and has so many superstar players!

5. Yes, and it was the most entertaining game I've watched in awhile lol.

And yes, chelsea does, but watching them is akin to watching the other team build a brick wall and chelsea trying to find a crack in it. It's never an open, free flowing game or something like that

6. You can watch any game you want on the internet dude and the streams are usually pretty good quality as long as you have half decent internet.

7. go on reddit.com/r/soccer there will be a match thread for every major game with at least 7 streams. If you have direcTV all EPL games are on 491-499 if not on NBCSN

8. think we've made a statement so far in this second half, the goals always seemed to be coming. COYG

9. 3 points, think West Ham deserved at least a point though, played very very well.  Turned out to be quite an exciting match haha.

10. I had U-verse for maybe 6 months before I discovered all the additional games are aired on "alternate" channels 691-697. I used to try to watch Arsenal on shoddy streams and such only to find out later what I had been missing.

11. #13791 Dryice, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Would've liked 0-2, but 1-2 is fine. We deserved to concede for giving Austin any room at all and we did that a few times. But all in all happy about the performance and the game. On to the next!

12. So what do you guys think about the current state of refereeing, and possible changes? Obviously the premier league has been terrible this season for refs. Commentators keep making comments about needing video replay for the officials.

My opinion is, they should just do it like the NHL or something. Just have one or more officials in a room somewhere, and anytime it's necessary, they can go and look at the replays of any match, at any time, and determine what the correct decision should be, and then they can simply tell the referee on the pitch what they've determined. Just like the linesmen or the fourth official do sometimes. That way the game could still flow, minimal if any time would be wasted, and the referees would have the benefit of having all the same information the rest of the world does.

13. I'm of the opinion that video technology should be brought in also, I actually think it's ludicrous that it's not.  In my head I had imagined a challenge system of 1 per half where the manager or captain can decide to use it, but your way may actually work better, but tbh I'd be cool with either.  Refs are just terrible now and too many matches are decided by their inadequacy rather than actual talent and skill by the footballers on display.

There are a lot of critics against video replays, I personally think those critics are retarded.  They go on about stopping and starting and wasting of time etc. but any of these things could easily be tackled and even if they couldn't, we're making the game fairer, teams that actually deserve to win will win, if that adds an extra 2 mins on to the game who gives a shit, small price to pay imo.  Would we rather players crowding round the ref going mental wasting time or have that time in fact used productively with video review.

14. What's everyone's opinion on the punishment that should be given to Cisse + Evans? Should spitting be punished more than biting?
    I personally think both should get at least 5-6 match bans. Think spitting is probably the worst thing you can do to someone, I'd lose my rag if someone spat on me, and think Cisse should have hit him rather than spit back.

15. Liverpool the only unbeaten team in the prem in 2015 so far :)

16. fuck yeah... we've got grown ass men shitting they drawers lol... we are OFFICIALLY a post Christmas team... we shit on everyone (including Chelski)... we've still got to play most of the main protagonists too... sweet

17. spitting is a despicable act ... one of the worst that comes to mind and if someone spat at me I think i'd knock the saliva glands out of their face... as would most people

18. Will have to watch later

19. lol one nice little spell and the over inflated pool arrogance comes back again haha.  Just kidding glad to have yous back, has been getting lonely in here.

As for the spitting think it's pretty disgusting but after seeing the footage looks like Cisse was trying to put his studs through Evans head which is what caused the reaction, so I do have a bit of sympathy for Evans, but to say he didn't spit is silly when you can clearly see he did.

20. The fear is the slowing down of the game. However, many sports have benefited from like basketball, football, and baseball. It has always been a question of mine, instant replays are a must.