Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. #13361 AhToker, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Di Maria seems so out of place and unfit

My worst nightmare would be if Chelsea signed Reus..

2. Good day for you Gunners, losing at home to United and a couple more injuries to boot, got to love life at the emirates.

3. You forgot about the part where they wasted numerous chances in front of goal again too

4. I feel bad for the glory hunters of arsenal.. We were great but honestly how I see us between 4-8th. No more Henry, bergkamp, purse etc.... Just not the same team. I don't believe I. Wengerout but things need to change. When wenger came here there was no oil money. Things have changed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #13365 Dryice, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    I don't know, that loss doesn't bother me too much because by all means we should've won it. I know it all boils down to the scoreline officially, but Arsenal played better than United. I'm happy about that. Also Giroud got a goal from his first appearance after his broken leg, so that's pretty cool. The injury shit doesn't bother me either, because same shit different day. It's certainly a bit disappointing to not get at least a point from that performance. Had our finishing been a bit better, we'd have walked away with 3 points.

Anyways, tough break for Liverpool. Hoping Spuds can lose as well.

On the Wenger thing, if he refuses to bring in a CB AND DM this January, I will be part of the WengerOut crowd.

6. It's actually pretty amazing that despite the fact that Wenger will only buy players that play exclusively the final third, arsenal still doesn't have anyone that can finish with any kind of consistency.

I never thought that arsenal would look miles ahead of liverpool though..they might be in a relegation battle soon at this rate lol.

Man city is still hanging around though, and so is united. And of course southampton. Chelsea has some breathing room but a run of a few bad games and some of the other clubs will be right on their ass. I'm just not buying that chelsea will look so perfect for the entire season. There are just too many games and too many other good teams and players.

7. #13367 Dryice, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014

[​IMG]

Still feel top 4 will be chelsea, city, arsenal, and united by the end of the season.

Also of the last 5 Arsenal games... Alexis scored in 4... and had an assist in the game he didn't score.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And had an assist in the 2-1 Anderlecht game.

8. #13368 Sunn, Nov 25, 2014
    I didn't include sanchez in my evaluation because he's not even their designated striker. He just happens to be in such great form that he's been scoring goals lately. But is arsenal's plan to just rely on sanchez providing all their offense all season?

Actually, I think if the problems in midfield and defense get fixed/improved, arsenal will be able to turn defense into offense, and then it will become much easier to break teams down with a mix of fast and slow play. They certainly have enough players that can create chances..

Right now I'd agree with that top 4 also.

9. Problem with Arsenal has more to do with tactics than players. It doesnt matter if you replace Khedira with Arteta and Hummels with Monreal, if you have every player besides Monreal and Szczesny in the opponents half you are going to concede on a counter. Its disappointing because Arsenal actually had a rather stout defense last year, besides those few embarrassments, and showed they could stay rather compact and grind out points. However Wenger looks clueless and Steve Bould just chews his gum on the sidelines.

10. Players are being made scapegoats for the shift of tactics this season, but seems to me like not bringing in a quality defensive mid and a centre half has forced him to play like this though. Lack of quality in a few key areas is really hampering their ability to play like they can. 

Very frustrating for the fans, they've been so close to having a very, very good team for a while now. 

11. #13371 Dryice, Nov 25, 2014
    Roma just got robbed.

Wenger doesn't let Bould do anything.

12. Wow, what a game that was

13. #13373 Dryice, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Game after game, I'm still here! I'm still cheering them on...

Come the fuck on Arsenal. Let's get a fucking win, lads. At least my post depression if we lose will only last until like tomorrow cause then I gotta get re excited for Saturday.

14. #13374 goober0331, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Exactly what Arsenal needed, I think Wenger read my above comment ;) . Always enjoy watching BvB vs. Arsenal.

Oh BTW, Sanogo bitches, LOL!

15. #13376 LittleJacob, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
    Holy shit! That shot from Chamberlain that hit the post would have been a fucking amazing goal. Nice win by Arsenal though, just saw the highlights. 

Alexis is such a beast!! I'm glad he has continued his form from the end of his career at Barca. He showed in his last season that he really did have massive potential in him... and now it looks like he has gotten over the confidence blocks he had at first at Barca and is just beasting. So nice to see him and Cesc killing it in the EPL.

16. comon u reds

17. Wilshere out for 3 months after having surgery….again.

Will he ever be fit for any length of time?! That ankle seems to give him non-stop problems. 

18. I wonder if anyone on arsenal can stay fit for any length of time.. even sceszny (sp?) couldn't escape injury. I actually forgot that Ozil is on the team too..him and sanchez working in unison could be quite lethal

19. when they both were fit they rarely played together, and when they did Ozil tended to go missing. On a side note, Cazorla was brilliant yesterday