Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Yesss keep this going Madrid. Bayern are too vulnerable at the back to have this insane reputation some people give them, Madrid should be about 3 up.

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398288893.577540.jpg

Fish , chips , cup of fuckin tea , Mary fuckin poppins

3. what's your source for that ^

Also congrats to Madrid for beating Bayern rather easily.

4. 365scores

5. Mourinho doesn't play mind games, like ever…...

6. Hey guys. its been awhile.  and I'm gonna come right out and say it:

Pep Guardiola has broken Bayern Munich.  
    Last year they were devastating on the counter attack and kept loads of possession because they were so tactically sound that they'd win the ball back so often.  This year they dilly-dally the ball up the field and are extremely vulnerable to the counter attack because they play so high up the field.

Their CBs have been much maligned this year, but they were good enough to win the Champion's League last year!  

They were exciting to watch last year, they bore me now.  I hope Real knocks them out, they have been playing exciting football all year, Modric in particular is awesome to watch.  I'd like to see Atletico come away with the title.

7. Hey lads my bros mate has drawn this for me it's fuckin amazing am sooo happy with it ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398293097.413714.jpg

8. modric is my man. representing croatian soccer worldwide. it's great to see how important he has become for that club. his teammates all give him the ball whenever they get a chance. back when he was a newcomer they didnt trust him fully, but he's now an integral part of the squad.

9. we have money to spend. & you dont hand over a new contract & 100,000,000 pounds to moyes after the season he just had. I would be happy if tim sherwood stays he has done good in my eyes taking over a tumbling team when avb was in charge to decent position now. We need to keep eriksen drop soldado for anyone who can score (penalties don't count right now) lool beef up the mid and defence a little more and we woukd be top flight no doubt

Chase you? Bitch, I dont even chase my liquor!

10. dont forget that all the other teams are gonna be strentgthening too ... your playing 'catch-up'.. Moyes has had a shit season but it was at Man Utd.. following Fergie... it doesn't get much harder than that...

11. Luca Modric was immense last night... and has had a massive season for Real... you can see that his team mates trust him now... they give him the ball even when heavily marked... thats quite a compliment... class player...

12. it takes MASSIVE courage to got to somewhere like ... the Bernabeu and attempt to play possession football.. i think it's a little early for the obituaries lol... thats no one has ever won the CL back to back... coz teams aren't stupid... after one devastating year they figure you out... and learn how to nulify your strengths... credit to Real for that but it's far from over

13. #10534 Dryice, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

"Kick out Racism"

14. i think lack of competition has been bayern's problem. they had the bundesliga wrapped up ages ago and they haven't really been pushed that hard until now in this competition. they've been able to cruise for awhile now and now they need to turn it back on but it doesn't just work like that. i don't think pep has destroyed them at all. they still make incisive attacks unlike barca did under him, they just didnt finish any of their chances yesterday and real did a good job of limiting their chances as well.

15. Don't get me wrong, Bayern are obviously still a quality side.  But last season they were more efficient and better defensively.  At this time last season it was 3-0 and 4-0 against Barcelona!  The CBs aren't the problem, Pep's utilization of them is.  They had the best defensive midfield pairing in the world, Javi Martinez and Schweinsteiger.  And the best RB in the world.  Now they have neither.  Just because Lahm is good enough to play in the midfield at a very high level, doesn't mean he should.

16. dude.. a 1-0 defeat at the Bernabeu isn't a bad result when you've got a fortress like the Allianz Arena for the 2nd leg... or when you have the players that Bayern do 

17. i agree that the relative ease with which they won the Bundesliga doesn't help when you come up against Europe's best... but wouldn't we ALL like to win our domestic leagues with such ease??

18. OUCH!!!!!

19. oh no question, its just hard to flip the switch and elevate your game when you've more or less been in cruise control for months.