Minnesota

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by maleadapted, Jun 2, 2009.

1. I can't wait to get together with some other blades this summer....ya know like get out in the nice weather...nice sunny warm weather....the kind where you can run around in shorts and a T shirt and not have to worry about freezing your ass off.  I mean I know it was an easy winter this year and all but still it was only a week ago the wind chill was 20 below....about froze my ears off just putting gas in my car....

Supposed to get up to 63 tomorrow....I'll take that no problem  :smoke:

2. #3842 Danerrr, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    I was born in St. Paul and lived in Burnsville for a year. Then 5 or 6 years later lived in St. Paul for another year at the holiday inn across the street from the excel energy center. That was pretty dope. I'd get tickets to all the wild's games.

But now I live in the south :/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Just moved here (I live in the North Loop-- Minneapolis) for work in feb! Where are the best bars in town? Seems like most places here are set up for groups of friends you've known forever. Seeing that I don't know a soul any direction would be appreciated ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Welcome to town....bro, what type of bars do you typically like to hang out at?  There's such a huge array of clubs here....do you like dance/singles bars, restaurant bars, live music, hole in the wall bars, country bars?  Also it depends what age group you like to hang with....

5. Thanks! Looking for dives! Like places where you can go at any hour, sit at the bar and talk to people! Mid 20-30s, diverse, not pretentious--comfortable!

^_^

6. yeah ok....well I'm in the south metro but have some friends up on the north side. Last time I went out up there we hung out for awhile at Donny Dirk's Zombie Den http://www.yelp.com/biz/donny-dirks-zombie-den-minneapolis   Very cool place IMO except they have weird hours that's the only downside.  Sometimes it's best to try a few to get a feel for what you like.  Another one I've been too that has pretty good ratings up there is Tootie's  

http://www.citypages.com/bestof/2011/award/best-neighborhood-bar-minneapolis-1843906/

There's tons of other places in that area though....maybe somebody else here knows of some good ones....

If ur ever down by the Mall of america or Burnsville....give me a shout....I know all kinds of places around here....lol

7. Thanks! I'll scope them out this weekend! I really appreciate it!

^_^

8. Visiting parents in rochester this week. Looking for some decent bud. Didnt wanna smuggle any on the plane lol. Hmu

9. New member to the forums and to the state of MN, anyone live around the monticello, buffalo area? I'm looking to meet some like minded friends

Welcome!  yeah....I have a couple buddies who live up around the Maple Grove/Plymouth area so I get up close to your neck of the woods every now and then.

There used to be lots of other blades hanging out on this thread 2,3 and 4 years ago.  Lots have disappeared for whatever reason.  Maybe Facebook and some of the other social media sites have contributed to this...not really sure.  There's still a few around but the Minnesota crowd has definitely shrunk.  Could be a lot of people just lurking and not posting....who knows...lol

11. I was beginning to think I'd never make any friends out around here...I live off in the country of sorts, not many folks around

12. What's up! Just moved to Minnesota a few months back. Seems to be a great place to enjoy the outdoors now that it's getting warm out! This thread seems like it was once quite lively and is now in need of a bump!

13. hey hey people's!  whats up in your universe?  living in hopkins now but making a move up to NorthEast.  playing music, painting, dancing, playing music is what i got going on  haha!  i'll be on here a ton more this summer.  hit me up if you are looking for cool shows to go to.  i keep up on that stuff, cheers!

14. What's up Minnesota, just recently moved here from Hawaii (Maplewood area) so far it's not all bad. I'm looking forward to meeting people with similar interests hang out. So far it's been kinda weird not use to people being so nice and randomly starting conversations with me but I'll get use to it.

15. lol get used to it this state is bomb. I mean look how huge this thread is just for Minnesota! I live 2 hours north of you in Duluth right on Lake Superior.

16. Anybody here from Winona? Got any good hookups?

17. I still haven't figured my completely around but I will and looking forward to it. I want to ride a snow machine. I drove just about everything out there except one of them and it's on my bucket list.

18. Jagerbombr I did a few times and now I back to searching. I have no idea where Winona is.

19. What is a snow machine

20. Ha maybe it's called something else, snow mobile, skidoo,