Pacific NW Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by MissDankNugs, Jun 1, 2009.

1. #41 fuzz420, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
    im pretty sure mint will be absolutely fine put a few leaves in your curing jar,one of the jobs of curing is to even out the moisture so the half dried buds will absorb the moisture from the leaf...and be chilling in the leafs stench. fruits arent too good because they will most likely rot and mold, but u can use things like orange peels, drips of extract or i just read somewhere to water them with strawberry,blueberry or orange concentrate occasionaly through the flowering process.

nice grow man

2. thanks :D im gonna water one of my plants with mint extract 2 hours before harvest. i very excited to taste the results

3. well there in lies the problem lol u dont want to water the last week especially the last 2 hours so thats why u would cure with the leaf/a drip of extract or water with it through out the flowering period...while your at it though put in some blue food coloring for me lol or idk some cool color lol

4. Everything is still looking good so I am past the sketchy point of the indoor to outdoor move...

The deer fence is doing its job, have had no signs of deer or other varmits. The bug spray is holding heavy, see very little bug activity, and mind you this is in a Pacific NorthWest forest..

Here is a picture of the newer plot where I have no plants in ground yet.. These are the late adds, and still need to adjust to the outdoors before I put them in the soil.

Bottom left: Clone of a Diesel Ryder that went crazy, we will see what happens with her.
    Other little one: Sensi Star seedling not sexed
    Bottom Big plant: A2 Plant not sexed
    Middle right: A3 clone FEMALE!!
    Big Middle Plant: A2 not sexed
    Top left: A2 not sexed

I still have another plot with 2 Blue Goof's in the ground (not sexed), and a Lemon Amnesia seedling not sexed.. All are looking healthy and happy.

Enjoy GC!!

;)

Attached Files:

5. I decided to post what I have been doing indoors, in the indoor section.. I just put some Hindu Skunk, Widow, A1, into flowering, and cloned a crap ton of others, plus have a huge 35+ plant veg room so go check that out.. I will try to make it look nicer, I kind of just jumped into the middle of it so bare with me..

As for my outdoors, they look decent.. I am afraid that the new growth is not getting enough light. Thats what it appears to me anyway.. I do have another spot that is AMAZING, but its not on my property, and is across the road (just back roads, I live in the sticks) So I kind of want to move it all, but I dont know if I like the idea of it off my property..

The land its going on is 1/30th mine. It is our streets land, they bought 35 or so acres and put a well house pump thing on it, and let the rest to be over grown and never touched.. I need to talk to someone about this in a legal since, because I am a MMJ patient, and it is legal but I am not sure how that works.. But if all looks good, I will have a super sunny spot and things will start picking up!!!

Anyway I will post some pics later maybe.. I am working on getting more up close and personal plant pics of the indoor, but my time is limited and there are so damn many..

Take care

6. Things seem to be going well here, that idea about planing in the sunnier spot would be much better than not giving them the light they need. What about cutting what ever is shading the plants?

Keep up the good work!

Peace :smoke:

7. Ya well, I would however they are 200 foot pine and cedar trees.. I am at the begging of a forest.. However the sun rises and falls along the tree line.. It follows the damn tree line that I thought I was infront of.. Didnt take into consideration where the sun rose and fell...

I agree, its just a matter of doing it stealthy.. I am getting too old to be running around the woods hiding plants.. I felt having them on my property and a legal patient was acceptable, but now I am dealing with the great outdoors, cops, kids, whatever else I cant keep my eyes on..

I am still making the decision and searching my own woods for a spot too..

Thanks!

8. So, I went to check on my outdoor spot in the backyard, and the fimmed plants new growth is lacking.. It is almost shrivled and not stretching out like they should.. I am positive this is due to lack of light.. It has been a gloomy few days, but I know that the sun still comes through the clouds, so I am just not in a good spot..

Anyway, I made the executive decision to pull the fence down on plot 2, take the stakes out, and move all the babies to plot 1 where the inground plants are. I am going to move my fencing to the full sun spot and set the plants there late tonight.. Hopefully. The 2 ingrounds are going to have to tough it out, becuase I do not want to dig them up, so everyone cross your fingers for the baby Blue Goofs.

Here is a picture of the temp home for the potted and the perm home for the ingrounds..

I will update as soon as I complete my tasks.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

9. Plants still looking healthy though Im excited for this outdoor grow I have never seen one in western washington outdoor, Im curious to see how well they do :D

10. Nice spot and set up. Good luck.

11. Actually the spot sucks.. Not enough sun.. I am sitting here watching the rain come down in sheets hoping they will make it through it.. I do not have room indoors for them so this will have to do..

12. I put together the new spot.. It looks good.. Looks like lots of sun.. I took a straight up pic to show the huge opening in the forest.

I am going to move the plants later, obviously when it gets dark. I also want to loose the green fence and get something less obvious, and run it the length of the clearing at the edge of the bush line, hopefully the bushes will cover it up and it wont be obvious. This is my property but there are so many woods that anyone could come roaming through.. Doubtful but still I do not need anything poking out.. lol..

Enjoy

Attached Files:

13. Didnt take any pics but things are TAKING OFF!! They are loving the new spot in the full sun.. Had quite a hail storm the other day, it almost killed them all, but they all look recovered and happy as hell!

14. "I have only 2 worries.. 1 being that the amount of deer in the area is ridiculous but I think the pricker bushes will keep them away."

I live out in the country toward White Pass, so deer are a very serious problem up here. I used to write a newspaper column and one of the columns was how my organic veggie garden was nothing more than a very healthy salad bar for the deer and asked my readers for ideas.

man, I got about a hundred emails and letters offering all kinds of advice, from laser-guided TOW missiles to automated slingshots...sheesh. One guy did email me about the cougar spoor, but it does have a few drawbacks...anyway, the concept someone sent and I have used ever since for BOTH types of gardens is very simple, inexpensive and effective.

Using some type of stake(s) place them about 2 feet away from the protected area in either a triangle (for stealth) or a square (if you've got the spot) and make sure the stakes are at least two feet higher than the expected height of the flower(s) you want to harvest. I put 2" X 2" X 10' long poles and plant them 2 and a half feet into the ground.

Then use 15-20 pound test clear monofilament fishing line and wrap it around all 3 or 4 poles at 12",. 30", 46", 60" and 72" (one strand) and wrap it so it stays tight. The way a deer's eyes work, they can NOT see the fishing line, and since they are a "prey" animal, when they bump into the "invisible" barrier they immediately back off (in a jump) but soon the smell has them try again in a different spot. After a couple times of having something "invisible" try to grab them (in their minds) they get spooked and leave. Couple that with Big Cat urine or excreta, and poof! No deer OR rabbit problem. The Cougar pee scares the bejeezus outta the rabbits and the fishing line freaks the deer out.

I originally tried this about 4 years ago on my veggie garden after not getting ANY pole beans, broccoli, sugar peas, or brussel's sprouts every year, and from the first year I tried it have not had a deer in the garden except once when my Pops went to chase a small buck back into the timber so he wouldn't get shot by lazy hunters and the thing freaked, getting all tangled up in the line ending up trapped IN the garden. I had put in a gate that year so I had to go in and chase him out. It DOES work though so you might want to give it a try.

15. That´s why it´s called the greenhouse effect.

16. I know how to get rid of the deer. Get some strong soap like irish green or something and tie it to a rope hanging from a tree limb. Make it so the strong soap is at around the deer's head height. And an old growers trick is to piss around your grow area to give out you human scent. I remember that my dad (years ago) would put this green mesh stuff around your plants so animals couldn't get to it.

17. + rep for u... I will try that.. I can get rid of that stupid green fence.. I notice the deer will wait ill there are buds though.. They left my roses alone all season, until now.. They had little buds on them and I was so excited and poof, gone.. Damn deer.. I been throwing huge rocks at them trying to let them know I mean business, but its not working, lol.. They just look at me like, go in the house, we want to eat your garden, lol..

White Pass is lovely!!! I love it up there.. Go camping there alot..

Anyway thanks!

18. MDN, another great trick I've heard for deer is scattering human or canine hair everywhere around your plot. The local barber shop can hook you up with some trimmings if you're sketched about using your own :) personally I just buzz my friends' heads for them and don't mention where their clippings go hahahahhaa. Good luck with the deer problem, the grow is looking great!

19. I also am doing a medical grow outside in the great Pacific N. W. The land the original northern lights came from and I grew until the task force took it away in 2000.I have had my mothers in my bedroom closet , having to move all my clothes elsewhere . They just outgrew it. Because I have limited space and am only able to grow 9 in my indoor system I decided to move my moms out for the summer. This still allows for cuttings keeping my count to 15 the allowable amount in Wa. The girls are already about 21/2 ft tall and bushy.I am going to let them do there thing on my back deck and see what happens. I am going to keep them on the foxfarm program that I use on my indoor friends. So far they are happy. I brought them in last night 'cause we hit the 40's and put them out this a.m. If I have sucess and they bud and they don't get stolen it will be a big source of gardening pleasure. I am a huge outdoor gardener even been on garden tours, but my passion for gardening lies with growing the kind. Good luck on your growing. I will watch for your updates