Vyvanse Question

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ashylian, Jun 1, 2009.

1. hey friend of mine gave me what he said to be some adderall but looked different than usual so looked it up. guess its 2 Vyvanse 30mg's. Usually I pop 40-45mg and go have an amazing skate sesh all day. How much of this should I use and how long does it last?

2. Take both of them. 25mg of Vyvanse is about equal to 7.425mg of d-amp/dextroamphetamine, which is one of the amphetamine salts that comprise Adderall. So, if you take both of them to equal 60mg then you'd be getting roughly 15~20mg equivalent of dextroamphetamine.

Do you pop 40-45mg of Adderall IR or XR? If you're used to a 40-something milligram dose of XR then there shouldn't be that much of a noticeable difference between the addy and vyvanse... but if you're used to doing that much of instant-release adderall, then the 60mg vyvanse will be noticeably weaker. Also, it should last for about the same duration as Adderall XR sometimes does, about 10-12 hours.

3. Thanks, yeah I usually pop the XR so I guess Ill assume something simular. Last question is does that stuff give the same euphoria and focus?

4. #4 Cameron8679, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
    Vyvanse is simply a dextroamphetamine molecule attached to a lysine molecule to create the prodrug (IE the compound is inactive until your body's metabolization activates it) lisdexamfetamine. Dextroamphetamine (aka d-amp) is the classic amphetamine, and is usually the one preferred for recreational use.

As I stated earlier, the vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine is an inactive prodrug by itself, meaning that it only "works" once your liver/intestines metabolize it into a psychoactive substance, in this case by cleaving off the lysine molecule leaving the psychoactive dextroamphetamine molecule intact. This process is a fairly slow one, meaning that Vyvanse is essentially nothing more than an extended-release formulation of dextroamphetamine; it differs from Adderall XR in that the addy is made up of 4 amphetamine salts that are metabolized and released at different times over the course of many hours, while the vyvanse is comprised of only dextroamphetamine, which is still released slowly over a period of hours.

Because the vyvanse is basically an XR formulation of just d-amp rather than a d/l-amp combination like adderall xr, it will most definitely give you the same euphoria and focus that other amphetamine formulations do, only with a differing dosage.

5. this morning I had a big bowl of cereal and 2 30's of Vyvanse. Only feel little tingles and have no real focus like adderall. its been roughly an hour. So far this stuff sucks but Ill post later to confirm if this is truly waste of time of it just took extra long to kick in due to a decent breakfast

6. Damn man, where have you been? Good shit.

I don't think you understand. Vyvanse has a natural time release mechanism, your body. Your bodies enzymes break it down at a normal speed. There is nothing you can do to feel an increased effect like Adderall. You can take more but you won't feel more, it will just be in your system longer.

If you really have ADD/ADHD Vyvanse is the best drug on the market right now but for recreation it isn't the best since it's controlled.