Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's it mean when your throat doesn't burn mywhen you toke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jonhop09, May 28, 2009.

1. If you stick to nicely cured, quality marijuana, it shouldnt burn your throat. If your smoking regs, or poorly cured weed its going to hurt your throat.

2. Best post in this thread +rep

3. What? To a certain extent, the curing of the weed will help with the harshness, but it has nothing to do with "regs". Especially since you can toke great quality weed, who has been properly cured and still get the burning sensation.

It all depends on tolerance, size of the rip etc...

Elend.

4. #44 WhosGotTheHerb, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
    If you say so... Thats not in my experience. Brick weed isn't even dried or cured usually. They cut the plants and compress the water out. Hence the harshness. Also some Headies will only be dried and not cured. Also hence the harshness. Properly cured Cannabis(Cannabis that has been cured for AT LEAST 3 weeks) WILL be much smoother and have a stronger flavor. The curing breaks down the chlorophyl(sp?) into sugars that create flavor under combustion. The chlorophyl is a lot of the harshness. High THC content can be a reason for coughing(maybe throat burning? not usually the case) as you will experience an "expansion" in the lungs.

Edit: My apologies, I didnt even notice this part of your post for some reason:
    you can toke great quality weed, who has been properly cured and still get the burning sensation.
    It's possible but if your marijuana is harsh, it probably isnt cured correctly IMO. My marijuana is always smooth and extremely tasty.

5. its just cause your getting used to the smoke.

When you had your first cig, you coughed and shit right?
    After a while, smoking a cig is just like eating a sandwhich... no pain unless your doing it wrong :D

6. OP, I like your avatar ;)

7. I remember like 6 years ago, the very first time i smoked weed, i took a huge hit from my buddies bong, dubbed "Bongzilla" (I know, like the most generic bong name ever, but whatever, can't blame a stoner for being a stoner), Anyways, took this bong rip and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH my throat was on fire for like 10 minutes straight. I was coughing like fucking crazy. I guess you just get used too it, dawg.