thc e cigarette glycerin tincture

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by HAZE1015, May 27, 2009.

1. Hey Guys we here is it possible to use a double boiler to extract thc out of weed with propylene glycol I really wanna do this e juice help ?

2. Propylene Glycol works better for this than vegetable glycerine because it simply just absorbs the THC better. (One ounce of bud to Eight ounces of Propylene Glycol [100%]) and the method for this is 8 hours on a stove with the tinctures temperature at 173 - 210, It is also safe completely to inhale and I quote THE SUPERCHEAP AUTO WEBSITE "A concentrate, usually made of Ethylene Glycol together with some protective additives, is mixed with water to produce coolant. Propylene Glycol, which is non-toxic, is sometimes used in the mixture, as well as, or even instead of, the more toxic Ethylene Glycol.". Looks like Super cheap Auto a car maintenance company has better chemistry knowledge than you so either read up before you post shit or leave this forum.

3. Buddy all you need is heat, Get a normal pan and add however much weed you want for how strong you want it to be. I use one ounce of bud to eight ounces of propylene glycol, You wanna grind up your bud real fine and mix it up then get a thermometer and make sure that the tinture is cooking at about 173 - 210 degrees (400F). Do this for eight hours then strain through a cheese cloth and then you can happily vape away. (By the way if you want to get rid of the smell then mix some e-juice into it [Preferably a stronger flavor like mint])

4. Would it be better if I use the double burner method ? And thanks for replying your awesome !:)

5. I'm on a low budget I forgot to mention I can only get 1-3GS

Double burner method would make no difference, I suggest just using a regular pan. Also for however much you get just use the ratio of 1:8 and it works fine, Happy Vaping!

7. How does the ratio work ?

8. I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread so forgive me if I've been Ninja'd but I've been thinking of ways to do this myself as a daily toker and e-cig user. The best way I think may be to add some bud to Vegetable Glycerine, as I generally prefer VG over PG for my e-liquid (thicker clouds, smoother hit). Then heat up the mixture to about 300F (I could be wrong but I think this is the typical activation temp of THC?) maybe using a crock pot or oven. The boiling point of VG is something like 550F so you won't have to worry about that.

I've yet to actually try it, but if you were going to do it i'm pretty sure this would be the best way. 

9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratio lol :smoke:

this is a cool idea though, I'd like to try it sometime if I can snag some cheap outdoor in bulk. I think some e-cig flavors would mix really well with a concentrate made from isopropanol

10. Monsieur could I then mix the propylene glycol with the iso extract ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. 1 :8 which is which haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Just go find some Youtube videos showing ho;w THC glycerine tincture is made and you're good to go Brother. 

13. Hi haze
    I bought an e-cig pen for my husband with the intent of using it with weed tincture. I made my tincture by using an ounce of weed ground up, with just enough vegetable glycerine to cover the top. Then put the lid on and flipped it every day. Keep it out of sunlight. I did this for 7 months. And what I found is the VG is edible. Duh. You would use this tincture as a flavor enhancer. It's like a weed honey. Use it in your coffee as a sweetener. So obviously what you'd like to use it for doesn't work. And you don't want to use propylene glycol.... that's the shit they use to de-ice airplanes. Try making your tincture out of weed and Everclear 200 proof alcohol. That's my next try. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's a pretty awesome, and glad to have confirmation on the procedure, too. I bought a vaporizer about a month or so back and I've wanted to use it with cannabis tinctures and oils... but haven't found a means of making it or knowing if it would work. I didn't want to try it as I didn't want to break my pen. Knowing this now, I'll probably try it out. I had to buy a dab add-on for waxes and oils. It works, but it still has a bit of a marijuana smell, which isn't so great if you want to be discrete about it.

15. @Tew..... I have a gallon of propylene glycol and that's exactly what they use an e-cig pens and that's exactly what they use in Colorado that they sell THC e-juice cartridges . I made mine by by taking an 8th of chronic 2 grams of kief in a quarter gram of dabs just covering it barely with propylene glycol and then letting it heat not not boil or let it do it for a whole day and then eventually turn green I strained it out and put it in my epen and I was getting ripped as f*** it smells like cannabutter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1