my first grow, 200w cfl/400w hps

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Pollen for your mothers, May 26, 2009.

1. had to make two posts cuz wouldnt let me add all the pics but here's my big girl of the bunch. Her name is Lucy and she was lst'd as an experiment to see the different growths. I'd say it worked out for the best :D
    Picture 1191.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Man, those plants are really healthy! Sorry to hear about Milhouse. :(

Still it looks like a good harvest headed your way. The plants are perfect in every way.

Keep it up man they're gorgeous.

3. thanks for those kind words Buzz. I'm proud of how they're doing. Hopefully come harvest time I will have a quality product to smoke and hopefully a nice quantity as well

4. Yeah man, those are looking good. I especially like the looks of Marie. I told you they would stretch out:D. Now you've just gotta sit back, and watch those stems fill up with bud.

Do you still have them under CFL, or did you get your HID figured out?

5. still under two 65watt cfl's. Can't figure out how to set up my hps. Funny thing is, I just need somethin to hang it off of lol. I cant put holes in ceiling so I'm tryin to "manufacture" some type of way to hang it up.

6. so I'm beginning to get anxious and think about future grows and strains and such.I cant decide what I wanna do after these. With how well it has went for me I feel confident now. I have more Easy Ryder seeds and I was thinkin if the smoke is good, then I may just start 2 more after these are all done. 2 plants under 500 watts of cfl's sounds nice. It's been proven that although plants may not get as huge with cfl's as they do with HID lighting, fluorescent lighting can produce buds that are very resinous and sticky with a quality every bit as good when grown in the right conditions, and I have yet to see a setup with a wattage this high. I curretnly have 364 watts over 4 plants and they are doing fine. I also have 1 seperate Easy Ryder under 130watts and its beginning to fill out decently. I definitely know I'm doin my GHS White Widow under my HPS. I will prolly set up 2 plants in closet sometime in winter to cancel out the extreme heat. If temps do rise, I just open the window and let that 40 degree air in lol. Has anyone tried any Chiesel or Cheesus from BBS? They both look nice and I'm lookin into them as well as some Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion. Gah, once you grow your own, you never leave it alone lol. All I wanna do is grow!

7. Hell yes, I caught the fever too. Looking forward to building my elaborate (I hope) grow room in my BARN. He he. I have a walk-in closet I was going to use, but I need all the room for my clothes and shoes. I think it might really stink up my clothes. Marijuana is my favorite perfume though:p.

I haven't even begun to think about sexing plants, let alone the things you have in mind. Good luck, although you don't really need it. ;)

8. Thanks for the kind words Buzz. A barn setup sounds nice. I wish I could find a house a lil more outside the city. I don't personally like the idea of growing where I am atm, but it's a sacrifice I make. I would rather be in a secluded area with a few acres to myself to really kick up a nice outdoor garden with no one around

9. I wish you did too. Just be careful, I'm much happier now than I was when I lived in the city. I always dreamt about having a place like this. I feel truly blessed.

10. hey col3.well i gotta say your cfl grown plant looks a hell of alot better and way more bushy than my 1000w hps grown ones .damn son you got a helluva green thumb lol.i love the look of that plant at the top of the page very beautiful.500w for 2 plants will give an awsome yeald turn em once a day for max light coverage and increased yeald .plus rep col3 great grow .how bout some updates of the girls.the destroyer...:smoking:

11. what up destroyer. thanks for the kind words. It's actually 625 watts of cfl now lol. I constantly am adding on for the side growth. And I have 5 plants crammed in there. The other 3 were on the previous page. But they just keep growin vertical. I wish I had h.i.d light hung over them. I could really turn out some yield if I did, but it's just too hot to use my hps. I tried it today to see if I could drop the temps down and I got it down to 86, but then it began to climb after an hour so I took back down. I know in a few months I will get to so no worries. I will try to post some new pics and an update some time tomorrow as they have a scheduled feeding so I will snap some pics and post. The Easy Ryder I got goin has lil nugs just everywhere on it. It makes me really wanna grow with my hps. Prolly about 4 more weeks at most on it and it will be ready for the chop. Everything else is just now beginning flowering. I flipped the switch about 1.5 weeks ago but they been kinda shy.

12. How about an update man?

13. lol not gonna lie, i took pics yesterday and just been too busy to post. I will take new ones tomorrow b/c tonight i'm movin one of my girls outdoors to clear up some room in the closet. she got a lil too big lol. but hopefully with it goin outdoo things go well with it and i can yield a nice amount of her. but I will def put up some pics and update tomorrow for sure

14. ok folks it's update time....finally got off my lazy ass and uploaded some pics today. I moved one of my plants(Mindy) outdoors to finish off, that is, if she can make it through the heat and transplant lol. I sure hope so! It will be a nice yield for the Coletrain if it does! lmao so lets get started. Theyve been gettin fed Tiger Bloom like a mo fo the last wee and a half since I flippedd the switch. Tryin to speed up growth as much as possible witout over doin it. I think this weekend I am gonna have to flush tho, b/c they've got fed nutes three straight waterings now. 1 tbsp of molasses in a gallon of distilled water once, and all three times I have mixed 3 tsp of Tiger Bloom to a gallon and fed each plant 1/4 gallon of the concoction. Also have added a few more bulbs as well bringin my total to 572 watts of cfl for 4 plants. so here's the pics as promised. Feel free to comment, critique, ideas, etc. :wave:

here's polly all topped and 'cropped. startin to get lil small early flowers :)
    Picture 1194.jpg

Cindy is lookin small and shit cuz I never transplanted her, that is, until today. I didnt have room in my closet for another 3 gallon pot, but now with her twin outdoors, I put iut in a 3 gallon, and hopefully it can catch up
    Picture 1197.jpg

and Lucy, my lst'd baby monster. hopefully she can live up to the size under these cfl's. If I can pull a nice yield off these with cfl's, I get dizzy thinkin about winter and my h.i.d :D
    Picture 1200.jpg

Attached Files:

15. As before, had to make two posts of pics, b/c I just have that many lol. And last but certainly not least, here is my Easy Ryder. approx day 38-39. just a lil bit of nugs formin up :D

Picture 1202.jpg

Picture 1204.jpg

Attached Files:

16. That's quite a thrilling display of accomplishment you have there. :bongin:

17. sup col3?wow looking kill as hell bro .lucys big as f--k .i dont see any nute burn hell they probably could have taken more nutes even.but they dont look like they need it .damn son the ez-ryder has some nice dark leaves great looking plant.im definately going with foxfarm line my next grow.great job later the destroyer...

18. thanks for the kind words buzz. You havent been having any more trouble with yours have you?

19. FFOF is a great soil to go with destroyer. it will not let you down. I'm gonna continue giving the easy ryder nutes. I can only do so for about 2 more weeks then its time to start flushin. so i figure if i wanna squeeze everything i can outta her, i gotta be efficient with the bloom ferts.

20. The patients are in stable condition. Thanks for asking. I am doing a few little things and they seem to be doing a little better. :)