to hot can i change light times?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stickycronic, May 24, 2009.

1. hi ppl i am 3 weeks into flowering but due to it being summer time heat is 40 in my grow room and b4 it was 26 to 28 i have added fans ect but cannot get it any lower is it possibe to change the llight times so it is on at night at the moment it is on from 10.30am to 10.30 pm if i can change it to 10.30pm to 10.30am i will not have the problem or will it mess up my grow many thanks

2. how would you make this change. just abrupt? this may cause stress and stunt.

hopefullly some one else will chime in.

having it go at night is no different then durring the day if your in a dark grow room then there is no issue. but when the lights are off they need tottal darkness. becaues thats when some magic happens :)

3. i was just going to change the time its still dark in the day as its in the attic its just the sun is making it 2 hot in there

4. It's prolly be better on the plants if you had a 24 hour dark time to make the change rather tan a 24 hour light time for the change.. Buuut I'm no expert haha good luck

5. Making small changes to your lighting schedule spread out over a few days is the best way to handle a full night/day on/off swap. You could go right for a swap in 1 day and leave them in darkness for 24 hours with a very, very rare chance of adverse reactions (hermy), but if they are healthy and you can spare a couple of days to make the adjustments, I recommend being safe.

Remove 4 hours from your light time tomorrow. So, instead of turning the lights off at 10:30 pm, turn them off at 6:30 pm.

Turn them back on at 6:30 am the following day and remove 4 hours from this lighting period as well. So on day 2, the light will be on from 6:30 am to 2:30 pm. The darkness period will go from 2:30 pm to 2:30 am.

For the last adjustment, just leave the lights on from 2:30 am to 10:30 am and you'll be back to a perfect 12/12. The darkness period will now be opposite its previous spot and your plants will never know what happened. As stated by an above poster, make sure you keep things 100% dark in your grow space.

I hope you have a timer =P

6. Just make your switch and let them sit in the dark for 24 hours. It won't cause any stress or make them go hermie.