Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Metal screen with glass pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SlaughterDog, May 24, 2009.

1. So I've got my first glass pipe, and some metal screens. I'd like to use the screens as if I don't, things get sucked through real easily, but I've heard that the hot metal will crack the glass. Is that true?

2. No, it's so small and barely makes contact with the glass. And if the metal where to get that hot, then you shouldn't be smoking out of it anyways. I prefer to use pebbles.

3. Pebbles > Screens. What's the purpose of buying glass if you're going to put metal in it? Case closed, nature rules.:smoke:

4. Yea fuck metal in glass, get some glass screens(the kind that look like flowers), or find a pebble of the right size and clean it completly first.

5. Aye yie yie, the bowl is so small though, I can barely get the screen and weed to fit at the same time. I don't know if I'd have much more luck with pebbles.

6. The only way to find out is to try.

7. Same here i just fuck the screen, don't suck through the pipe as hard and not cash it to ash.

8. Ive never used a screen with my glass piece. i just put a piece of bud atleast the size of the hole in the bottom first so bud doesnt get sucked through. Problem solved :cool:

9. I always have problems with the weed falling in the hole or getting pulled into the hole, so instead of grinding I just find it easier to break off a small chunk of nug and stick it in there. Some people think its a bad idea, some think its a good idea. I guess do what ever works. The whole metal screen in a glass pipe sounded like an interesting idea. Never saw anyone do that though. 

10. They work, but after awhile they get pretty  haggard. 
    I prefer glass screens. And I get really pissed when I have to smoke in something without a screen. It just makes me feel I'm losing hits. Even with the big nug trick if you suck to hard, you'll lose your last 1-2 hits. 

11. Yeah defiantly put a lil chunker at the bottom :bongin:

12. Just put a good sized nug over the holeSent from

13. Brass scteens are best for pipes imo i use them in all my tools ( bong pipe bubbler)

14. Brass scteens are best for pipes imo i use them in all my tools ( bong pipe bubbler)

15. Well all of that is great Advice but the main "new" problem that you now have to worry about is simply: when will I accidently break this expensive glass-blown artpiece by either being sooo blazed that you forgot it was in your lap--stood up and it fell to fthe floor! Or "oops i'm sorry i dropped it" : said your blazing buddy in a sesh being awkward as f ! uuggggrrrrr