Drying Buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by taitpeter, May 10, 2004.

1. Im growing outdoor this year, and I was wondring:

-How should I dry the buds?

I cant just hang them up, because it would smell to much and disrupt others in the house.

-Is there any way to dry the buds with "stealth"

Any tips or answers would be great....

2. i would also like to know

3. hang em in a tree. maybe in some bug netting.

and yea they are gonna smell.
    that much weed in one place is gonna smell.

4. hanging in a tree that sounds pleasing to me also cause of others in the house but would this be different then hanging indoors?

5. When you hang buds to dry, they need to be in a DARK, cool place. I don't think outdoor is an option, correct me if I'm wrong.

Need to find a place to hang them indoors in a controlled environment. Use a carbon scrubber or some sort of odor control while drying. Curing not much an issue as they are all in containers.

Have heard about drying in paper grocery bags as well, that may conceal some of the smell but not much Im guessing.

Hope that helps.

Gg

6. say i use a large tubberware and put some sort of fan inside to circulate the air and lay my buds in how long will i have to keep them in there?

7. I put all the weed in paper bags and store it in a cloest after it's hung for about 2 weeks or so.. that usually does the dry job perfect.

8. You can dry 'em in your oven set on LOW. It'll get them done quick... So when no one's at home dry them babies, and pop them in the curing jars to get rid of the harshness that's gonna be there from drying too fast... I'd definately recommend you deodorize your house afterwards though ;)

9. I disagree with oven drying but that's me. I thought it killed the thc :confused:

Drying buds need total air circulation around each bud, laying them on each other in tupperware won't dry them properly. They really need to hang to dry, you could hang them inside tupperware yes but thats a lot of space.

The curing can be done in paper bags or glass jars, even plastic storage containers. Just don't rush it and make sure buds get air around them totally as not to mold.

Gg

10. Only if you get it too hot. Most ovens have a setting to just keep food warm... Usually around 150-200 degrees. This will keep the thc from being killed. You could line then across the wracks in your oven, 1 layer deep per rack, and this will dry your buds. I'd only do this if there was no possible way of hanging them to dry. They will be VERY harsh, so you'll wanna cure them a bit longer.

11. If you put your weed in the over man and nuke that shit i swear ill drive from where im at in ohio and smack you and take your bud. haha sorry for the harshness.

12. Yo... I don't think people are getting what I'm saying... So I'll try to make it more simple...

IF there is NO WAY POSSIBLE someone can hang their buds, THEN an oven CAN be used on it's LOWEST setting to rapidly dry the buds. It WILL be harsh, and the buds WILL need to cure for a while afterwards, but it CAN be done if NECESSARY.

For some of us, hanging is not an option due to whatever reasons... So alternate ways of drying must be explored.

:D

EDIT: None of that was meant in a mean way or whatever... Just trying to make a point. Sorry if anyone took it in a negative way, as that was not my intent. :)

13. its ok i gotthecottons, i know what you mean,.... i still still love you....

14. i really dont think sunlight heat and oven heat do the same thing........ And what if he has a gas stove? You want your buds smellin like gas? so many ways to dry and cure to not have to use an oven thats all im sayin do what ya want aint my green just an opinion.

15. I do understand cottons and thank you for the info /cheers mate you always get +rep from me :)

Gg

16. The gas they use in stoves is clean burning... So as to not make your food taste and smell like gas. I know heat from the sun and heat from the stove are different. When you chop your buds you're supposed to hang them somewhere dark, not somewhere warm. If you hang 'em outside, the sunlight will kill the thc. Only reason I recommended the oven was because he has no where dark and cool where he can hang them for 2 weeks... The oven would work as it's fast, and dark... Then the buds can go straight from there to the curing process. If left curing long enough you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a bud dried in the oven over a half hour or buds left hanging for 2 weeks.

17. i was going to take some big black garbage bags and just put them in those and then sit them in a bush in my woods.... this was it will be dark and will also attract heat because of the black bag therefor drying them faster... they will get sun about 20-25% of the day.

how does this sound?

18. very bad idea. moisture will condense in the bag and mold your bud out of existance. do you have a shed that isn't used much? in jamaica they wrap their buds in bannana leaves and set them in the sun, not the best way to do it but it works for them. the key to drying bud is air circulation. if worse comes to worse you might set up a makeshift table in a hidden location and hang your bud under it. perhaps even a sheet of plywood twenty feet up a tree with burlap hanging over the edges.

19. I have a shed in my back yard which is usually warm and very dark, but there isnt real any air circulation. I was wondering if this would be a good place to dry my buds?

20. can't you just hang them upside down outdoors in a big cardboard box with lots of holes for circulation?

The only thing i've heard of for outdoor drying is to hang them outdoors in a hidden location covered with burlap sacks, but you have to be careful curing outdoors, the smell attracts unwanted attention from pests and predators i'm sure.