Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Gamma Ray burst gonna kill us all?

• Please log in to reply

jack herra

jack herra

anybody out there?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,100 posts
The star WR104 is unstable. It will explode at some point. The Earth is right in its path so it COULD send gamma radiation toward us and fry everyone on the Earth. They do not expect it to blow up for hundreds of thousands of years.

HOWEVER, Dr. Kaku pointed out that since it's 8,000 light years away from us IT MAY HAVE already blown up 8,000 years ago and if it did then we could suddenly see it blow up NOW and once that happens we only have a few days before it could kill everyone. When they look into space they are basically seeing the past. So stars up there may not even really be there any more.

WR104 star a deadly ray gun | Herald Sun

i wonder if it would hurt to be fryed by a gamma ray

boomer bumper

boomer bumper

Cannabis Aficionado.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,904 posts
i think we would feel somewhat like bacon... just grizzling here on the earth surface. or the radiation would give everyone cancer and we would all die. one of the two...

whenever i look into the sky i wonder how many of the stars still even exist anymore.. its a trippy thought.

EASYlivin

EASYlivin

iToke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,157 posts
Very Low percentage that a gamma ray will kill us. But if we got hit ....we ARE Depleated.:smoking:

EASYlivin

EASYlivin

iToke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,157 posts

i think we would feel somewhat like bacon... just grizzling here on the earth surface. or the radiation would give everyone cancer and we would all die. one of the two...

whenever i look into the sky i wonder how many of the stars still even exist anymore.. its a trippy thought.

I dont think it will be like how u described. it will be like BOOM. and we all die in a millasecond.

jack herra

jack herra

anybody out there?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,100 posts

Posted Image

like that^^?....

yea that is a pretty trippy thought.

wraughbit

wraughbit

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,149 posts
you could imagine it like a nuclear bomb....

Posted Image

it would do the same thing almost but no physical concentrated explosion.

nuclear bombs even burnt shadows of where people were into the ground.

boomer bumper

boomer bumper

Cannabis Aficionado.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,904 posts

Posted Image

like that^^?....

yea that is a pretty trippy thought.

if thats going to be everyone... im going a couple hundred feet underground for a while, then its just a matter of getting back up, finding a big enough microwave and hoping nobody got stale!

EASYlivin

EASYlivin

iToke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,157 posts

you could imagine it like a nuclear bomb....

Posted Image

it would do the same thing almost but no physical concentrated explosion.

nuclear bombs even burnt shadows of where people were into the ground.

^ that would suck soooo fucking bad. soo fuckin bad:(

jack herra

jack herra

anybody out there?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,100 posts

if thats going to be everyone... im going a couple hundred feet underground for a while, then its just a matter of getting back up, finding a big enough microwave and hoping nobody got stale!

Posted Image

Boosh

Boosh

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,293 posts
supposedly in 2012 the earth is supposed to align with the center of our galaxy, where theres a huge black hole thats sucking in planets and creating planets also. And its supposed to send a shitload of solar winds and gamma rays and the like down the corridor we would be aligned with, blowing us the fuck over :)

wraughbit

wraughbit

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,149 posts
I'd rather be sucked into a black hole than knocked off out orbit and freeze to death in a matter of hours.

ZarTheDragon

ZarTheDragon

SWAGGEDTHEFUCOUT

• Bronze Member
  • 8,209 posts

locnar

locnar

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,179 posts
from the words of jim morrison. "im gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames"

jack herra

jack herra

anybody out there?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,100 posts

supposedly in 2012 the earth is supposed to align with the center of our galaxy, where theres a huge black hole thats sucking in planets and creating planets also. And its supposed to send a shitload of solar winds and gamma rays and the like down the corridor we would be aligned with, blowing us the fuck over :)

thats cool,i would rather turn in to bacon rather then be sucked in to a black hole,but 2012 is the galatic alighnment,no one really knows whats gonna happen then.

Boosh

Boosh

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,293 posts

from the words of jim morrison. "im gonna get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames"

And words to live by.

jack herra

jack herra

anybody out there?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,100 posts

i live by that phrase

SDVP

SDVP

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,325 posts
Posted Image

this is your brain on gamma rays

MILFhunter

MILFhunter

hey wanna get weird?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 268 posts

i wonder if it would hurt to be fryed by a gamma ray

By the time you saw it you would be dead

jack herra

jack herra

anybody out there?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,100 posts

Posted Image

this is your brain on gamma rays

damm,i might be temped to eat my brain

HerbIsGood

HerbIsGood

Green Green Ganja

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,070 posts
this shit is makign me like freak out and thikn really hard about 2012. I always thought it was some nostradamus bullshit and never looked into it as I thought it was a religious proposition or whatever but now that I see its science I'm liike 'whoa wtf dude thats like 3 years form now' and other thoughts about how fucking crazy it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users