Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

does walmart drug test?

• Please log in to reply

repsaj

repsaj

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey i live in upstate New York and i was wondering if walmart does any kind of drug test i heard that they do but when i filled out the application there was nothing on it talking about having to take one.

is there any way to help flush your system i always hear about people talking about cranberry juice or some other stuff but i don't know if it works

Edited by repsaj, 19 May 2009 - 04:18 AM.

blazeone

blazeone

• Registered Upgraded
  • 804 posts

hey i live in upstate New York and i was wondering if walmart does any kind of drug test i heard that they do but when i filled out the application there was nothing on it talking about having to take one.

I know for a fact target does since i had to take one for them...so i would assume a drug test for walmart is very likely.

Destroyer101

Destroyer101

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts
yes, I have had a couple friends work there and they got drug tested....I worked at target too and i got tested there aswell

repsaj

repsaj

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
what do they test for exactly?

phatmattd

phatmattd

• Registered Upgraded
  • 195 posts
I worked at a Walmart in MA and I can tell you my experience.

On my first interview, i was interviewed.
On my second interview, I was told that I had the job as long as i passed a background check and a drug test. I had 24 hours to go to the clinic they told me to take the drug test and if I failed, I could not be considered for hiring for 1 year.

And also, if you have an accident there, they take you immediately to the clinic to be drug tested.

Sorry bro.

bloodraven51690

bloodraven51690

Registered Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 617 posts
Sometimes they say it but they nevver do because it is expensive. Kind of to scare you and see if they get a response somtimes, but other times they are serious. Walmart is rich though so they probably test imo:rolleyes::eek:

DKro1856

DKro1856

• Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts

what do they test for exactly?

Lol THC of course... Coke and meth. Are a meth head or some shit? lol

fallenhero

fallenhero

Mail me SoMe GrEeN

• Registered Upgraded
  • 177 posts
Working for walmart sucks

blazeone

blazeone

• Registered Upgraded
  • 804 posts

I worked at a Walmart in MA and I can tell you my experience.

On my first interview, i was interviewed.
On my second interview, I was told that I had the job as long as i passed a background check and a drug test. I had 24 hours to go to the clinic they told me to take the drug test and if I failed, I could not be considered for hiring for 1 year.

And also, if you have an accident there, they take you immediately to the clinic to be drug tested.

Sorry bro.

this is usually how it goes down. time to get your detox game up or time to find a better job....walmart sucks ass anyways.

phatmattd

phatmattd

• Registered Upgraded
  • 195 posts

this is usually how it goes down. time to get your detox game up or time to find a better job....walmart sucks ass anyways.

When you can work somewhere else, yeah.

I started there when I was 16 and a half (just got my license) and when I was fired at 18, I was making $10/hour, got 10% off all walmart stuff, full health and dental as a senior in high school.

I loved it. I would hate it as I am older now though.

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,953 posts
Does Wal-Mart drug test...is the Pope Catholic?

This doesn't belong in Seasoned Tokers.

isimon

isimon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 513 posts
just get a job at a resteraunt, you will never have to worry about drug tests, and hell if you get the right job, you may be blazing with the manager!

bostonbuds87

bostonbuds87

hai2u

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,032 posts
lol why would u wanna work at walmart

Doughboy04

Doughboy04

iBlaze

• Registered Upgraded
  • 400 posts
Yes they do. Before you get hired on they send you to get drug tested. After that, you're fine. I know because I used to work there.

phatmattd

phatmattd

• Registered Upgraded
  • 195 posts

Yes they do. Before you get hired on they send you to get drug tested. After that, you're fine. I know because I used to work there.

Unless you have to write up an accident report. if so, a manager will literally drive you to the clinic to pee in a cup.

HIT THE BONG

HIT THE BONG

Mr. SoLo DoLo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 210 posts
Yeah they do man. I used to work there also. Everyone saying walmart sucks it isen't bad at all. They don't pay bad at all for a store, and you get benefits. With the economy right now thats awesome. Now I wish I didn't quit before my 2 weeks were over because I can never get a job there again lol

l4jcpr8h

l4jcpr8h

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I work for walmart and recently I took a look at the policy on drug testing because I was thinking about taking a promotion. They don't have to drug and from what i hear from our new associates and some friends who were promoted we haven't been testing even though we have signs ever where saying don't waste our time or yours applying if you use illegal drugs. As far as accidents that only if its something that is likely to lead to a workman's comp claim. Store managers like to cut corners everywhere they can. Also FYI walmart really isn't evil its actually a pretty decent place to work if you don't get stuck in a department full of old people. Also the pay is sweet and if you get into a good store you can get really good bonuses now. I'm part time and i got about 1600 bucks in bonuses last year.

phatmattd

phatmattd

• Registered Upgraded
  • 195 posts
I worked there for 6 months when Christmas time came around, and I got a $400 bonus.

I worked 20 hours a week for a meer 6 months and got a x-mas bonus.

I was SOUPT.

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
yea i'm prob going to apply there. nowhere else to go.

i always hated the place, i know a lot of ppl that lost jobs at local biz because walmart came to town. my friends dad used to own a eye care place, but had to close when walmart opened there eye care center.

l4jcpr8h

l4jcpr8h

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm not trying to start a flame war but walmart didn't make those people lose their jobs the people in your town did. No one forced them to shop at walmart they could have kept going to your friends dad's eyecare place. If it was a small local thing I'm surprised one of those franchised eye care places didn't put him out. Theres on of those down the street from my walmart and they've actually expanded since walmart opened. Plus the employees at small business make minuim wage and not much more.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users