Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apprentice's Guide to Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GlitterPaws, May 18, 2009.

1. There is probably a problem with either your temperature (the precision of the vaporizer could be off, and probably not heating it enough), or with the mechanism that is bringing the vapor to your mouth. Perhaps it is not air-tight, when the design intends it to be?

I'd need a little bit more info on your vaporizer, at least on what type you have, the look and function etc. Does your friend still have the manual?

2. hey im thinking about getting the Silver Surfer Vaporizer, do i have to use the screens?
    sorry if this is a dumb question

3. Yes...

4. As lwien said: Yes, it would be advisable for you to do so.

If you are going to invest your money into a high-quality vaporizer like the Silver Surfer, I would definitely recommend using screens all the time. You'll want to keep your vaporizer nice and clean! ;)

5. thanks guys, sorry i have never used one before, i didnt know if it was like a bowl where screens were not mandatory

6. Not a problem. Glad we could help. :wave:

7. Yeah like when you did it at my house! and it was so strong i was in trouble

8. good good article, also wanna point out that if you live with your parents and wanna buy a vape, i would say dont, its a hassle to hide IMO, i love the vape but can rarely do it

9. The LaunchBox can be hidden in your shirt pocket. It's just as easy to hide as a glass spoon.

10. Nice guide man.

11. Wicked Guide, gives a good insight into Vaps. Well done! :hello:

12. I assume the THC content of a specified volume of vapor is higher than an equal volume of smoke. So how long should you hold a vape hit to maximise absorption?

13. I hold my hits for about 20 seconds, do a partial exhale, then another inhale and hold for 20 seconds, than another partial exhale, and another inhale for about 20 seconds.

You lungs can only process a given amount of THC per the amount of oxygen you take in, so the steps above helps to maximize your vapor absorption per hit.

14. Answered many of my questions here! I'm bidding on a whip vape on e-bay. I'm the highest bidder at only $19.00!!!

I look forward to a 'new' (to me that is) experience!

+ REP and all that good stuff!:hello:

15. Where you list the different kind of vapes you should make a list of the popular ones next to the type separated by a colon. Just a suggestion for the ones who are new to vaping so they can know the different brands and such.

16. Lynne,

How do you know the lungs can only 'process' - or do you mean 'absorb' - so much THC per breath?
    And by 'THC' you presumably mean THC and other active cannabinoids?

Also, can you please send the URL which confirms how the vapor absorption rate is increased?

I'm not one for science, but you have certainly piqued my interest.
    I'm learning a lot on this thread...

17. I'm in love with my silver surfer but still like to spark a joint every once and a while

18. I'm relatively new to vaping so please forgive me if this is a dumb question but are you NOT supposed to have any smoke when vaping?

19. This is great information. I still have a few questions. After I inhale I take the whip away and then do I hold it or is there a holder for it because it is hot? I read some where on this bb that you can use the spent weed from vape to cook with? Do I shut of the vape off in between ? Thanks for any help. This place is so informative. I have been stumbling around trying to figure out to reconnect with weed. Thanks everybody!!!!:wave:

20. you cant forget about the magic flight launch box either=)